Bullfrog Power | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bullfrog Power

mimico_polak

Site Supporter
So sitting at home last night with the wife and watching a movie and we get a knock on the door at about 8pm and there's this young kid that wants to talk about Bullfrog Power...anyone in on this?

I let him go through his talk to see what it's about and as far as I understand it....it's basically a 'feel good' charge that's added to your bill so that they 'input' their own clean energy into the grid to make up for the bad energy that we use at home...with my consumption it would be an addition $20-30/month for a feel good...

I asked him 'what if I use that $20-30 per month to buy more efficient appliances, and just feel better for saving my money and keeping it in my pocket'...no answer...

I know some of these resellers will sign you up without your knowledge and then you're stuck fighting with them that you never signed up and having to reverse charges.

Proceeds with talk and tries 3 times to get me to spell my name correctly and gets frustrated when I refuse, as well as when I ask him to leave...

Anyone sign up with this? Maybe I'm missing a major point here, but seems the City of Toronto just paid $500k to Bullfrog on their bill for City Hall and Nathan Philips Square...seems like a good deal...sell a good feeling and take money.

I have friends that have been with bullfrog for years, no complaints. I have never heard of bullfrog actually developing clean energy, afaik they just resell energy that hydro one would have bought anyway (for a higher price).

When the guy was pitching he said that they add on a fee monthly to support green energy initiatives. He also claimed that Bullfrog was a big reason why Ontario got off coal power....not sure how much stock I'd put into that claim though.

I won't open my door to a stranger at 8pm. Then again I live in Scarborough

Back
Top Bottom