New soon-to-be rider in Richmond Hill | GTAMotorcycle.com

New soon-to-be rider in Richmond Hill

Hi all,

Just saying hello to everyone in the forum. My name is David located in R.Hill, shopping around for insurance and a bike atm.

I took a course at Conestoga college for M1 exit. Very exited to ride this spring even thought I will be using it as a commuter!

Welcome... I work in RHill and ride a 600RR to work almost daily depending on the weather. It is stored at the moment. It is waiting for Spring...

Welcome!
Wheelie.gif

Congrats in advance. What's your planned commute route? I go from RH to downtown via 404/DVP mostly. I work off hours. If I have to go commute hours it's Don Mills.

Welcome. I commute to Mississauga from RH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all,

Just saying hello to everyone in the forum. My name is David located in R.Hill, shopping around for insurance and a bike atm.

I took a course at Conestoga college for M1 exit. Very exited to ride this spring even thought I will be using it as a commuter!

Whats goooooooood David.. I am as excited as you are for the spring! What kind of bikes were you looking at?

Thank you all for the warm welcome.

I commute from yonge 16th to South end of Aurora. (~15km).

Waiting for my Statefarm agent for several quotes. Been doing some search on bike such as CBR300, Ninja 300.. or even CBR600RR or Gixxer 600..

I almost think 600 is a stretch for a new rider...though when I was doing my M1 exit in Conestoga College, 250cc dirtbike they provided was giving sufficient

Hi all,

Nice. Coconut College is where I did my M1X too. Great course and great instructors. Did you have any of Dean, Mark or Victor?

Yeah, the XT250 is beginner friendly but at only 16HP or so (if that on the college bikes) it's not really suitable for GTA travel. You might consider a used CBR500R too. At 47HP It slips in nicely between the 250s and 600-class machines, is light, easy to handle and user friendly. It's also pretty insurance-friendly too...

I like the gw250 design wise... But on a test drive i found it lacking in power... I don't mean racing power but just normal road speed power was inadequate

Congrats in advance. What's your planned commute route? I go from RH to downtown via 404/DVP mostly. I work off hours. If I have to go commute hours it's Don Mills.

Just curious what your Don Mills route is from downtown to Richmond Hill. The morning commute for me a usually a breeze, but getting home is a nightmare. I've tried all kinds of alternates, including Don Mills, but still can't seem to win. Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the club. I commute by bike pretty much daily in the summer to Yonge and Elgin Mills from Thornhill, see you around!

Back
Top Bottom