Any Daytona 675R owners? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any Daytona 675R owners?

Then definitely take the Tuono for a test ride (spring).

I wish you best of luck with that.
The only reason I managed to get an RSV4 out for a test drive is because the Aprilia Canada rep has one, and is buddies with the owner of Two Wheel Motorsport in Guelph. Rep rode to Guelph and went to Laguna Seca to see the WSBK race. Left his RSV4 in Guelph - took some wheedling and cajoling to be able to take it out.

Then definitely take the Tuono for a test ride (spring). 8 level traction control, 3 road modes where the "R"oad greatly reduces the bikes power, ideal for "city riding", 2 level Wheelie control, quick shifter and 2 level "Launch control". I believe only the S1000R can match this specs.

Keep in mind that I am completely biased when it comes to Aprila and MV Agusta.

I did some research on the Tuono, and watched many videos. That thing sounds amazing. I wonder how different the seating position is vs RSV4. I really need to try to sit on one at the very least. I am shocked the price being so close to a 675R. If the seating and comfort are not to far off the price is only a difference of 1g. Worth at least a look.

The liter sports bikes are mental. Make sure you check with insurance too lol
The naked versions (ie Tuono, s1000r) are often classed differently and much less to insure, doesn't make much sense, if anything they are more wild on the street due to more torque and shorter gearing, but it's good for us riders!

lol if they can give me a cheaper price for insurance I'd be down for that.. Even still my rates only change by about $20 from 600 to 1000SS, so I get to pick this bike based soley on what I want. I never asked about a RSV4 or Tuono, but I can't imagine they would be too far off what I did ask.

I wish you best of luck with that.
The only reason I managed to get an RSV4 out for a test drive is because the Aprilia Canada rep has one, and is buddies with the owner of Two Wheel Motorsport in Guelph. Rep rode to Guelph and went to Laguna Seca to see the WSBK race. Left his RSV4 in Guelph - took some wheedling and cajoling to be able to take it out.

Wow that sounds rough, and a little weird. What do you mean by "cajoling"? lol.. Is it truly that hard? I am going to be out of town in a warmer area for April, if its such a hassle I will make sure I try one out over there before I come back. Why is it so hard if you don't mind me asking..? Limited availability? General douchery?

I did some research on the Tuono, and watched many videos. That thing sounds amazing. I wonder how different the seating position is vs RSV4. I really need to try to sit on one at the very least. I am shocked the price being so close to a 675R. If the seating and comfort are not to far off the price is only a difference of 1g. Worth at least a look.

The 675R and RSV4R are very aggressive, clipons are super low and the seats are high (probably 33in?), similar to an R6 I'd say. I can't speak for the Speed, which I think is more upright, but the Tuono is still an aggressive position, there is still a significant forward lean to the bars, but you are not crouched over the tank. Your knees are just as bent, these things are still superbikes.

Wow that sounds rough, and a little weird. What do you mean by "cajoling"? lol.. Is it truly that hard? I am going to be out of town in a warmer area for April, if its such a hassle I will make sure I try one out over there before I come back. Why is it so hard if you don't mind me asking..? Limited availability? General douchery?

It was tough to get it out for a ride, as 2 Wheel doesn't allow people out on litre bikes - this can be confirmed by several other people that I know here on the forum. They will only allow that on factory sponsored demo-days. And since Aprilia doesn't have one of those....
Basically, I had to show them that I was indeed a very interested potential buyer and was ready to put down money. The cosmos lined up and came together and the only demo RSV4 in Ontario (that the dealership knew of) showed up at the dealership as mentioned earlier.

I would strongly suggest that you jump on any chance you get to ride the Aprilia wherever it is you're going, as it's very unlikely in southern Ontario.

Again, the only reason that an RSV4 isn't in my garage is the ridiculous insurance quotes I was getting, and ended up with a KTM RC8r.

The riding position of the RSV4 is nowhere near as extreme as the Daytona 675 is.
Go here and check it out. http://cycle-ergo.com
You can choose both bikes and flip and and forth.
I will go RSV4 / Daytona:
Forward lean: 37 / 43 Degrees (higher number goes the more forward you are)
Knee Bend: 67 / 73 Degrees (the smaller number is the more bent your knees are)
Hip Angle: 60 / 55 (smaller number means more crouched)

Last edited:
2014-triumph-speed-triple-r-unveiled-priced_1.jpg

Can anyone comment on the Speed Triple R? I am staring at this thing, and wondering how much longer I might be able to ride on one of these in a day.. Most people say its more comfortable, and more powerful, but not as nimble. But for street riding, and taking this up to some twistie roads.. Rumours of an update this year are on the net as well.. I saw another thread where someone was looking at a z1000 and I just kept reading about this class.. I think I might end up trying one of these upright kind of bikes, but I have no experience so I am curious what everyone here thinks of this class. What would you recommend from this type of bike. Street Triple R, Speed Triple R.. other?

OP, sounds like you need to go for a test ride. Great news is triumph dealers are pretty good about demo rides of their naked bikes. Not sure about the 675 though.

I like the triumphs and have tested both the Street and Speed triple and found I prefer the SS riding position, handling and racing parts far more than the upright position of the Triple bikes. I'm willing to bet you will too.

Having said that, for the street not sure the 675R is the most comfortable bike out there even for sport bike riders. But it sure is very appealing and seems like a very flickable and fun bike to own.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom