Any Daytona 675R owners? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any Daytona 675R owners?

I love my 675, however, when you have an off, and need parts like fairings, a gas tank, or forks, you will have problems finding them for reasonable prices. Regarding comfort, it has some of the worst ergos, and a stupid stiff rear suspension that might cause a concussion on a big enough bump/hole, but can be ridden for hours without a lot of pain.

I had an off last season and sourching fairings and such was a pain (even on the bike specific forums). Otherwise, the smaller pieces aren't a problem whatsoever.

Regarding the stiff rear, I changed mine to an Eibach that tailored for my weight. It no longer feels like it'll buck me off my seat everytime I hit a bump.

Love the look of these bikes but unfortunately my insurance company doesn't insure them. Too bad. Probably shouldn't buy another vehicle, anyway.

I had an off last season and sourching fairings and such was a pain (even on the bike specific forums). Otherwise, the smaller pieces aren't a problem whatsoever.

Regarding the stiff rear, I changed mine to an Eibach that tailored for my weight. It no longer feels like it'll buck me off my seat everytime I hit a bump.

I thought the suspension was adjustable (675R)? Can't the settings be put to the "comfort" settings and make the ride softer? I hope to god I don't drop the damn thing..

The "R" has a great Ohlins TTX shock as standard. Lots you can do with it for adjustability.
If worst comes to worst, get a new spring to soften it up (but only if you're a real lightweight -- under 150 lbs).

I thought the suspension was adjustable (675R)? Can't the settings be put to the "comfort" settings and make the ride softer? I hope to god I don't drop the damn thing..

What BigEvilDoer said. I have the non R version. The spring rates on the bike is definitely on the stiffer side. I'm about 160lb ish and was definitely kicking my butt everytime I hit a bump. The spring rate is probably tailored for a 6 footer who's 220 lbs lol.
I had to get a softer spring for my weight just for comfort sake.

I had a 2010 ST3 for my road bike and a 2010 Daytona dedicated track bike. The ST3 is more than capable of anything you want to try on the street and is the correct bike for urban riding IMHO. The Daytona is an awesome track bike and even somewhat forgiving in terms of gear selection as you don't need to be in the upper rev range for it to pull well out of corner. The track bike has been fully kitted out with everything from slipper clutch to Attack adjustable offset triples, Elka suspension etc… never any issue in getting high spec parts for it. I did not ride it last year as was busy playing off road. Might sell it this year. PM me if interested.

Awesome man.. that's good to hear. I am really looking for that "on the rails" kind of feeling. Comfort wise, I don't understand why, but I find the sport bike position to be very comfortable. (am I a freak?) But you know I don't have experience with other riding positions. I did training on a upright and I enjoyed it at the time because it was thrilling and new, and so I always wonder what is it like to ride upright. Is it as fun? is there a loss of sensation? Does it become more dull or is it just the same, but upright. I would hate it if I bought it for comfort, but then I couldn't do the things that a lot of people enjoy.

The Street Triple is basically a Daytona with a handle bar and no fairings, so you aren't really missing out on anything. Riding upright is just as fun (if not more fun), but it's really personal preference so try to test ride a Daytona and a Striple (get insurance quotes too) before you pull the trigger on the Daytona. My Striple makes a normal ride feel like this:

[video=youtube;HkoGqttPZuY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkoGqttPZuY[/video]

tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif

I am going to check it out now... somehow that slipped passed me. I am not sure how since it looks so nice. Will definitely check one out in person to see if the seating position is comfortable to me.

If you were concerned about sourcing parts for a Triumph (it isn't bad), then you should forget about the MV :lmao:

Sitting bolt upright is a drag. What's the most comfortable position? Like sitting at the computer, leaning forward a bit.

The Street Triple is basically a Daytona with a handle bar and no fairings, so you aren't really missing out on anything. Riding upright is just as fun (if not more fun), but it's really personal preference so try to test ride a Daytona and a Striple (get insurance quotes too) before you pull the trigger on the Daytona. My Striple makes a normal ride feel like this:

[video=youtube;HkoGqttPZuY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkoGqttPZuY[/video]
If you were concerned about sourcing parts for a Triumph (it isn't bad), then you should forget about the MV :lmao:

Yeah I did a lot more reading and am forgetting about the MV, I did however stumble upon the RSV4, which I am reading up on, but the Daytona 675R is at the top of the list at the moment. I am considering getting the flat black one as everyone seems to have the white one. I will for sure have to test the Street Triple R, everyone has told me that I must try it before I go with what I know, because I might love it. That video was awesome..

EDIT:Any recommended insurance companies?

Last edited:
Sooooooo wanted to buy an RSV4, but the best insurance quote I could get was ridiculous -- close to $2000 with a pretty much clean record. The RSV4 was at the absolute top of my list of bikes to buy, but sadly I couldn't justify that crazy insurance payment.

Ended up buying a KTM RC8r, and saved $600/year insurance as compared to the RSV4 (and with the same insurance company).

2014-triumph-speed-triple-r-unveiled-priced_1.jpg

Can anyone comment on the Speed Triple R? I am staring at this thing, and wondering how much longer I might be able to ride on one of these in a day.. Most people say its more comfortable, and more powerful, but not as nimble. But for street riding, and taking this up to some twistie roads.. Rumours of an update this year are on the net as well.. I saw another thread where someone was looking at a z1000 and I just kept reading about this class.. I think I might end up trying one of these upright kind of bikes, but I have no experience so I am curious what everyone here thinks of this class. What would you recommend from this type of bike. Street Triple R, Speed Triple R.. other?

I rode the Street Triple R for about 100kms last summer. Very smooth power delivery and it felt a lot more nimble than the BMW S1000R I rode that same day. Extremely well balanced bike overall. It's kind of tame, however.

That video was awesome. I prefer the streetfighter/naked bikes on the road. I just bought a 2014 Tuono (naked RSV4). Its insane. Not good for my license. I like the Triumph speed triple R but the Tuono is much more bike for the money. More power more tech and way better soundtrack.

attachment.php

Last edited:
That video was awesome. I prefer the streetfighter/naked bikes on the road. I just bought a 2014 Tuono (naked RSV4). Its insane. Not good for my license. I like the Triumph speed triple R but the Tuono is much more bike for the money. More power more tech and way better soundtrack.

attachment.php

Colour me green with envy. If I could have it my way, this would be my next bike.

attachment.php

Welcome to the group. I was never into the Naked bike look until I tried the Triumph Speedtriple, I was hooked. Very comfortable ridding position, great sound and looks but It fell a little short when it came to power when compared to my bike, that's when I decided to give the Tuono a try; it checked all the boxes for.
The OP seems to be looking more into the 600cc market so the Tuono wouldn't be a very good option. If the OP is only planning on doing a couple of track days, I would definitely go with a Naked-bikes vs a SS. The street-triple or the MV 675CC (don't believe everything you read about MV Agusta, at 17500kms, 0 issues with mine) would be the top two on my list.

Thanks I'm pretty excited. I bring it up because I think the 675r is the same price, but obviously a different target. I want to give the op some alternatives

Thanks I'm pretty excited. I bring it up because I think the 675r is the same price, but obviously a different target. I want to give the op some alternatives

I thank you for your input. This is exactly the advice I am looking for. I want alternatives because I don't know what any of these bikes feel like. I obviously will sit on all of them before I choose. This bike show will be key in helping me pick. I will try the Tuono for sure. I don't mind going above 1000cc. I am also considering the BMW S1000rr, 2015 R1, GSXR 750. Nothing is off the table. I am willing to spend from 10000-25000.. I just have to really want it.

Last edited:
The liter sports bikes are mental. Make sure you check with insurance too lol
The naked versions (ie Tuono, s1000r) are often classed differently and much less to insure, doesn't make much sense, if anything they are more wild on the street due to more torque and shorter gearing, but it's good for us riders!

Last edited:
I thank you for your input. This is exactly the advice I am looking for. I want alternatives because I don't know what any of these bikes feel like. I obviously will sit on all of them before I choose. This bike show will be key in helping me pick. I will try the Tuono for sure. I don't mind going above 1000cc. I am also considering the BMW S1000rr, 2015 R1, GSXR 750. Nothing is off the table. I am willing to spend from 10000-25000.. I just have to really want it.

Then definitely take the Tuono for a test ride (spring). 8 level traction control, 3 road modes where the "R"oad greatly reduces the bikes power, ideal for "city riding", 2 level Wheelie control, quick shifter and 2 level "Launch control". I believe only the S1000R can match this specs.

Keep in mind that I am completely biased when it comes to Aprila and MV Agusta.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom