Any Daytona 675R owners? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any Daytona 675R owners?

-JERICHO-

Site Supporter
I am on the ledge.. I want this bike more than any other. 2013 model year and newer is what I am looking at. I am concerned about one thing though. Is sourcing parts and service difficult in any way compared to a more ubiquitous bike?

If any owners or former owners could chime in I would be very appreciative for the input. I have never owned a Triumph but have heard of parts problem through others.

If buying online not really, if looking for a local shop for OEM parts yea, it can be a little bit more difficult depending on where you live. Service can be done anywhere that does sport bikes, its just an inline engine minus a cylinder.

By parts problems do you mean durability or difficulty getting them/backorder? Any make can have those problems depending on the bike, I once had to wait 2 months for Ninja 250 valve. They were apparently out of stock as far back as Japan and had to manufacture them before they could send it out, and that's just a basic of bike...so it can happen to anyone.

Last edited:
If buying online not really, if looking for a local shop for OEM parts yea, it can be a little bit more difficult depending on where you live. Service can be done anywhere that does sport bikes, its just an inline engine minus a cylinder.

By parts problems do you mean durability or difficulty getting them/backorder? Any make can have those problems depending on the bike, I once had to wait 2 months for Ninja 250 valve. They were apparently out of stock as far back as Japan and had to manufacture them before they could send it out, and that's just a basic of bike...so it can happen to anyone.

Awesome. I have no experience with this brand. I am just checking all the boxes. By parts problem, I was referring to the supply chain, or lack thereof. I only mentioned it because its something other bikers say to me when I mention to them my interest in this bike. Then again things are evolving online so quickly as you mention online parts not being a problem, so that settles that for me. Thanks for your input dude. I am going through all the reviews online right now. Just gotta go to a store (I only know of GPbikes) or wait for the motorcycle show to sit on one before I get too fixated.

The other option is too buy consumables in the winter. When I had my husky and the closest dealer was 3 hours away, I bought front/rear pads, chain sprockets etc in the winter to have on hand later in the season. No wait time, rode all year. If you drop/crash it and break something oddball you're waiting...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The other option is too buy consumables in the winter. When I had my husky and the closest dealer was 3 hours away, I bought front/rear pads, chain sprockets etc in the winter to have on hand later in the season. No wait time, rode all year. If you drop/crash it and break something oddball you're waiting...

That is a very good idea. I will do this for any consumables I need thank you. I sat on one today. Its comfortable. I love that the gas tank has this perfect dent for my legs.. It looks pretty amazing as well. Can't wait to ride one now..

Do I get the 675R or the Street Triple R.. I sat on both, the upright handlebars are WAY different than I am used to.. hmmm...

That is a very good idea. I will do this for any consumables I need thank you. I sat on one today. Its comfortable. I love that the gas tank has this perfect dent for my legs.. It looks pretty amazing as well. Can't wait to ride one now..

Do I get the 675R or the Street Triple R.. I sat on both, the upright handlebars are WAY different than I am used to.. hmmm...

675R for sure, looks a lot sexier, I am used to sport bikes handlebar as well, always struggle with upright handlebars

675R for sure, looks a lot sexier, I am used to sport bikes handlebar as well, always struggle with upright handlebars

Yeah when I was sitting on it I was trying to imagine turning while being upright and just envisioned falling... lol I also like how the 675 looks compared to the Triple, but my GF told me that triple looks menacing.. not sure what to make of that.. lol

Hows the wait for the KTM going? You are probably going as nuts as I am.. lol

My experience with ordering OEM parts was fine. Time frame to gets parts were 1-2 weeks depending where it's coming from.

Sturgess is the best for Triumph parts. They can tell if the part is in Georgia, which means 1 week, or the UK, which usually means 2 weeks. Never had to wait any longer than that, and I had to order some pretty weird stuff (track bike, don't ask). GP Bikes always said 3-4 weeks before then even looked up the part.

Street Triple unless you are planning to do a lot of track days.

The Daytona is a torture rack to begin each season - especially on the neck. Usually took me a good month of riding before the aches and pains were overcome. The bike handles on rails and is a blast. But, if you're doing long commutes on our roads, it's uncomfortable, quickly.
If you do 1 to 1.5 hours rides, it's fine once you're used to it. If you plan on much longer rides, take the street triple.

Parts haven't been a problem for me - a week at most for the usual parts. If it's something that doesn't go wrong often (i.e. unusual part to stock), then maybe 2 weeks.

Sturgess is the best for Triumph parts. They can tell if the part is in Georgia, which means 1 week, or the UK, which usually means 2 weeks. Never had to wait any longer than that, and I had to order some pretty weird stuff (track bike, don't ask). GP Bikes always said 3-4 weeks before then even looked up the part.

Street Triple unless you are planning to do a lot of track days.

Good to know about the parts. Hopefully I won't need it much.. I was actually planning on doing some track finally.. I can't ride on public roads like the bike was meant for. Not a lot of track days, but some.. and the usual "routes" Also many trips down south. On some of the fun roads that are relatively close to us. I have never ridden an upright position handle bar, so I am going to have to go in there and maybe try one out.

The Daytona is a torture rack to begin each season - especially on the neck. Usually took me a good month of riding before the aches and pains were overcome. The bike handles on rails and is a blast. But, if you're doing long commutes on our roads, it's uncomfortable, quickly.
If you do 1 to 1.5 hours rides, it's fine once you're used to it. If you plan on much longer rides, take the street triple.

Parts haven't been a problem for me - a week at most for the usual parts. If it's something that doesn't go wrong often (i.e. unusual part to stock), then maybe 2 weeks.

Awesome man.. that's good to hear. I am really looking for that "on the rails" kind of feeling. Comfort wise, I don't understand why, but I find the sport bike position to be very comfortable. (am I a freak?) But you know I don't have experience with other riding positions. I did training on a upright and I enjoyed it at the time because it was thrilling and new, and so I always wonder what is it like to ride upright. Is it as fun? is there a loss of sensation? Does it become more dull or is it just the same, but upright. I would hate it if I bought it for comfort, but then I couldn't do the things that a lot of people enjoy.

[video=youtube;3Yis0olgBI8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Yis0olgBI8&feature=youtu.be[/video]

That's the other advantage of a regular handlebar, it's extremely easy and cheap to alter you riding position with a new set of bars. Try that with clip-ons.

I just got a Daytona (non R) last September.

Haven't ordered too many OEM parts but nothing has been difficult or out of the ordinary wait time for aftermarket stuff. Triumph racing parts were on my doorstep within 2 weeks. Everything I've ordered either came from Triumph dealer or Bluestreak.

Maintenance or difficulty working on it is surprisingly easy... I did a valve inspection and removed a bunch of systems from it and other than a lot of wiring it was no harder than my previous bike... and I'm perhaps a moderately confident wrencher.

I only got to ride it a few times at the end of the season and it was either rainy races or very cold track days but yeah, its on rails!

Awesome man.. that's good to hear. I am really looking for that "on the rails" kind of feeling. Comfort wise, I don't understand why, but I find the sport bike position to be very comfortable. (am I a freak?)

Never had problems with sore wrists etc that people complain about when it comes to extreme supersports (i.e. D675, F3, 1098). As mentioned, it's the neck. If you're doing lots of city or slow speed stuff, your neck is constantly being cranked backwards to lift your head. When you hit higher speeds, the wind resistance helps take some of the load, alleviating the stress. When at the track or at the Dragon, the position never bothers me either, as you're constantly moving, shifting weight side to side etc etc.

If you've got long legs, the D675 isn't a good fit really - they have one of the most extreme knee bends of any production bike you can buy. Again, not bad if you're moving around on bike, but if not (i.e. doing a long run to the beach or wherever) it does tend to cause some leg cramps.

I really appreciate these bits of info. They are truly helpful with my decision, and to understand small things that would or could be annoying over time.. I wish this forum had a like button for posts.. You guys would all have likes.. :D

Why not look at MV f3 675 and 800 too

tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif

I am going to check it out now... somehow that slipped passed me. I am not sure how since it looks so nice. Will definitely check one out in person to see if the seating position is comfortable to me. First things first.. YouTube search.. :D

EDIT: Search complete..

[video=youtube;V_VhUYakVqk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_VhUYakVqk[/video]

At the very end of the video at 6:05 (in the credits) it looks like the lack of a steering damper caused the MV to get a little funky on the rider.. can a more experienced rider comment on this?

Last edited:
tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif

I am going to check it out now... somehow that slipped passed me. I am not sure how since it looks so nice. Will definitely check one out in person to see if the seating position is comfortable to me. First things first.. YouTube search.. :D

EDIT: Search complete..

[video=youtube;V_VhUYakVqk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_VhUYakVqk[/video]

At the very end of the video at 6:05 (in the credits) it looks like the lack of a steering damper caused the MV to get a little funky on the rider.. can a more experienced rider comment on this?

Just aadd one if you thnk you need it but the 675 is hugely discounted and the 800 is just awesome...that wasn't a steering damper issue it looked like he tucked the front or slid the rear a bit

Last edited:
I love my 675, however, when you have an off, and need parts like fairings, a gas tank, or forks, you will have problems finding them for reasonable prices. Regarding comfort, it has some of the worst ergos, and a stupid stiff rear suspension that might cause a concussion on a big enough bump/hole, but can be ridden for hours without a lot of pain.

Back
Top Bottom