Visa just called | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Visa just called

General rule of thumb for me is if I get an email saying my account is compromised, it's bull. If I think there is some chance it might be real I just log in to the account via the normal method (don't use any links they sent me) and change my password.

What I do is right click on the suspicious message and pick "show headers" (or something similar in your email client) and check the server the message originated on. (Here is a tip: Nigerian servers end in " .ng " and Apple servers are not in Malaysia)

Got this call once: "Hello my name is Martha Myers and I'm calling from Zurich, Switzerland…" I immediately noticed she had a thick East Indian accent and there was a lot of background noise. Whatever her pitch was I just hung up.

He mentioned Microsoft because they were another target of this false representation scam, i.e. "I'm calling from Windows tech support and we've noticed your computer has a virus," etc. The FTC hammers down the bigger operations when they can, but apparently they just keep springing up.
Had some good fun trolling those guys one day when they called my dad.

They make sure to not say Microsoft. They say they are from "Windows".

Come on nickname, get your **** together
Was waiting for this.

Got this call once: "Hello my name is Martha Myers and I'm calling from Zurich, Switzerland…" I immediately noticed she had a thick East Indian accent and there was a lot of background noise. Whatever her pitch was I just hung up.

Don't. Tell them that you're very interested, but that you have to turn the stove off first. Leave the phone sitting, off hook, for about a half an hour. That's what I used to do, when I was bored.

not much can be done its almost impossible to track down were the scammers are calling from

Sometimes they don't block their number. I did a *69 after a Microsoft call and goggled the number. It's from California so I phoned them back told I was visiting in their area and was going to go there and kill them all. Waste of time really they don't speak English.

Back
Top Bottom