Visa just called | GTAMotorcycle.com

Visa just called

Baggsy

Site Supporter
From their Foreign call centre. I'd apparently missed a payment, and they were going to give me a better rate for it. How do these crooks get the money to set these things up, and who lets them get away with it? All I heard was click when I told them I didn't have a Visa. I would have thought that Microsoft would have done something about this by now, after all the calls from them. Is there nothing that they can do?

From their Foreign call centre. I'd apparently missed a payment, and they were going to give me a better rate for it. How do these crooks get the money to set these things up, and who lets them get away with it? All I heard was click when I told them I didn't have a Visa. I would have thought that Microsoft would have done something about this by now, after all the calls from them. Is there nothing that they can do?

Why would Microsoft do something about a fake call from "Visa"?

Their Nigerian offices are looking into it. They'll send you a letter soon with an update.

F'n scammers. I feel sorry for the older folks who may be more likely to be taken in, because their experience base does not include this phone and computer/email based deception.

i get a fake phone call from "Microsoft security" and tell them to shove it. My father would get all nervous about a possible computer security breech, and comply.

not much can be done its almost impossible to track down were the scammers are calling from

The thing is, that the last two places were call centres, and the speakers had strong Indian accents.
I suppose it could be faked, but it seems like a large business has set up doing this.

He mentioned Microsoft because they were another target of this false representation scam, i.e. "I'm calling from Windows tech support and we've noticed your computer has a virus," etc. The FTC hammers down the bigger operations when they can, but apparently they just keep springing up.

And i bet that your late payment on your "visa" was because of that trip that you won! But that cost you $800

Fell for one of these stupid things once except it was an email from "Apple" telling me someone tried to get into my account and that I needed to change my password. It didn't fall into my junk mail so I actually did it like the fool I was. I had such a good radar for being able to see through these things too I was on a streak.

not much can be done its almost impossible to track down were the scammers are calling from

We can send a man to the moon and back in the 80s but we can't find where a call was made

Fell for one of these stupid things once except it was an email from "Apple" telling me someone tried to get into my account and that I needed to change my password. It didn't fall into my junk mail so I actually did it like the fool I was. I had such a good radar for being able to see through these things too I was on a streak.

General rule of thumb for me is if I get an email saying my account is compromised, it's bull. If I think there is some chance it might be real I just log in to the account via the normal method (don't use any links they sent me) and change my password.

Back
Top Bottom