TD Insurance rate hikes? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

TD Insurance rate hikes?

Just got my renewal , I'm with TD and my premium went up $230 (from $890 to $1120). Fifty one years old on a ST1300 ,riding over thirty years with no accidents or tickets.

This should be illegal and is torn in the eye of many people including myself.

What happens to the ontario government, didn't they mandate the premium to lower 15%?

I gave up TDMM now, my rate went up as well, I just got a quote for another insurer

beginning sports bike $905 fully insured or $580 liability (ninja 250 - RC390)
S1000RR $2000 fully insured or $1250 liability (surprising cheap)

age. 25

Oh yeah the government did that, but the catch is in the not so publicly available details .... 15% is average per company .... So someone like TD can hike some people's rate and lower others regardless their record ... As long as they can prove that on average rates have come down 15%.

Get at least, fire and theft, not just a liability .... You will cry when someone steals your bike.

My policy went up $36 from last year. Nothing changed on my clean record. Im also with TD.

Just switched over to TD Meloch Monex section.. Basically same co. (Security National) , exact same policy setup and saved over $150.00...

TDMM rates increasing on average 20 percent annually in my experience. What is a better alternative for grey haired family man with no claims, nothing..ever.. wheres the grey power for MC's? ridiculous insurance system here in overpriced Ontario..

Switching from TDMM group ins. to current company's group insurance in Economical Select.
Got quotes (liability only)
auto $988 ($1357 TDMM last year)
SV650 $386 ($667 TDMM renewal, $604 last year)
home $619 ($914 TDMM last year)

They insure motorcycles with auto only.

Mine went up to 1499 for a old Busa full coverage and i am not a 25 year old, lol. that represents a 9.2 percent increase with no claims and 2 cars and home with them....

BB

Mine went up almost a hundred dollars since last year. I know I am exaggerating a bit but it's like there is no incentive to be a good rider/driver. My car policy went up $700 with them as well; zero accidents, zero tickets and zero claims, ever. I switched my policy to Bel-Air and saved money even compared to my initial policy with TD, much less the $700 increase.

With the moto insurance, unfortunately no other broker, insurance company or otherwise has been able to even get remotely close (they were all at least $100 above the newer rate). So I can't stick it to TD in that particular case but I certainly have no loyalty if I am not respected by them for having a good, clean record.

Yep thats the same experience I had with them for Auto. Strange enough it's actually cheaper for me to have my Auto with CAA and my Bike with TD MM . Even with the multi product discount. TDMM seems to have better Motorcycle Rates for me than anyone else I checked.

Went up by close to $250. ~$1750 for an F2. GTFO. Clean record, over 25, IBEW discount. My car is very cheap however, $70/month.

You read the replies and you just re-confirm what a mess this Ontario insurance market is. It simply makes no sense whatsoever ..... The worst is when you are trying to understand the tendencies of various companies .... Waste of time.

The best approach is phone and a lot of time ..... Just call and call until you find the cheapest one, because loyalty means nothing either.

I saved $300 on my insurance by going to RBC from TD for my K1200S, 56 years old, never a claim, liability only. I have to admit that dealing with RBC was a royal pain as they had to confirm three years of continuous insurance, which I had but couldn't remember with whom I had prior insurance. It took hours, numerous phone calls and a frank discussion with a customer service rep to explain my frustration with them to complete the deal. If I wasn't so cheap, I would have paid the extra $300.

I'm finding that switching companies is also getting alot more time consuming than it was in the past. Still worth the time in the end to save what you can.

Went up by close to $250. ~$1750 for an F2. GTFO. Clean record, over 25, IBEW discount. My car is very cheap however, $70/month.

Time to go to state farm man

Back
Top Bottom