Anyone miss riding yet? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone miss riding yet?

I've been missing it since September. I bought a snowmobile two years ago thinking that'll help my winter blues but it didn't and now I'm selling it to go ice racing. I need to ride bikes. I don't need to ride in the rain or in 5 degree weather though as that isn't fun for me. Actually street riding in general isn't fun for me either but it used to be.

My rule is no snow on my driveway or road. Temp don't matter. Coldest I think I rode in was about -15C before wind chill. 100+km/h has it's own windchill...

Why are you missing out?
winter-riders1_500_337.jpg

Hey, don't be careful, present yourself as you want to be seen. Up and over, that's where that one went.

As far as your suggestion, I think I'll stick to my not intentionally riding in the rain bit, seems like a more logical solution than to buy a dualsport bike that I would never put to full use.

The pic doesn't give me nightmares... it just makes me wonder as to your point. Dualsport rides through mud and gets dirty; whodathunkit.

why do i have to be careful? last i checked opinions are free.
the chain, sprockets, brakes and lighting on my bike are clean because i dont compromise on safety. as to the rest of it i couldnt give a ....
if you dont like washing and polishing i would suggest buying a dual sport and powerwasher.
ride, rinse,repeat
this pic will give you nightmares

if it looks threatening spray your leathers and bike with pam to keep the skidmarks and dirty water marks off.

" it just makes me wonder as to your point"

not allowed in the field if you dont have a glove

The pic doesn't give me nightmares... it just makes me wonder as to your point. Dualsport rides through mud and gets dirty; whodathunkit.
So a sport bike can't be used if it's got a couple water spots on it but dual sport is supposed to be covered in mud? :confused:

So a sport bike can't be used if it's got a couple water spots on it but dual sport is supposed to be covered in mud? :confused:

I didn't say it couldn't; I spoke for my experiences where it was more than just a couple of water spots. Nor did I imply that a dual sport is supposed to be covered in mud; the picture he posted shows one that apparently did and it's not a surprise that it would have mud on it. I don't understand how that is a difficult concept to grasp.

Last edited:
油井緋色;2260643 said:
I want to move down to California. I'm an software developer and obviously a rider. It is the perfect city for me to live in!

California isn't a city.

So far I've read that some people don't like riding in the rain or when it's cold. I don't choose to do so either. Riding in the rain doesn't bother me, I've ridden in torrential rains for 12 hours at a stretch but if I were to choose between the bike or the car before leaving (assuming this is not a purpose driven motorcycle trip) I would take the car.
I do not like the cold at all (possibly from being very lean) so again I would choose the car if I can't be warm enough (used to ride up to -25 before windchill wearing a snowsuit, with a sidecar in a part time job). I used to have the rule if it was above zero I would ride. Since I bought a car way back why would I want to be uncomfortable? To get a merit badge for being a tough guy? Who cares what you choose to ride in? Very immature to pretend you can judge and label another person because that person doesn't share the need try to look like a hardcore biker.

As for San Diego, yeah it's great for riding. I lived there for a few years and haunted Palomar Mountain most weekends. Anyone else ride Palomar?

California, KY, California, MD, California, MO, and California, PA.

Excellent resource you are proving to be! Since the poster has stated he would like to be warm and ride year round I would extrapolate he has chosen to live in California, KY based on your choices.

So he's off to Kentucky.

There are also pine cones there. Dangerous for riding.

Please don't tell me there are pine cones in Kentucky as well!

I should dignify the original question with a response.

I miss riding the second after my last ride ends. 365 days a year. I went out a few weeks ago.

why do i have to be careful? last i checked opinions are free.
the chain, sprockets, brakes and lighting on my bike are clean because i dont compromise on safety. as to the rest of it i couldnt give a ....
if you dont like washing and polishing i would suggest buying a dual sport and powerwasher.
ride, rinse,repeat
this pic will give you nightmares

It's cool if you don't mind your bike looking like crap.

I keep my bikes clean all the time, even my track bike and if I crash it, guess what? I'm not using duct tape and spray paint. I'll spend the money to have it looking mint again. That doesn't mean that you are any more of a rider than I am. It just means that I care enough about my bike where you don't care to even give it a wash.

On topic:

I was watching a clip of some track riding the other day and I got really excited about spring. Considering we haven't had a real winter, I think spring will come early this year! Can't ****ing wait!

I consider every ride a great privilege bestowed upon me by my betters. So yes, I miss riding yet.

Back
Top Bottom