BIKE SPECIFIC Side Rack project: need HELP | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

BIKE SPECIFIC Side Rack project: need HELP

I'd just get the H&B and make it work. It won't be a problem, IMO.

I personally like topcases a lot. They are super convenient for gloves and helmets and stuff when hopping off the bike to run into a store or restaurant. They also tend to be fairly cheap. Givi offers a 52L topcase, which is enormous.

I don't tour that much, so soft saddlebags aren't a huge drawback for me. Everything inside the bags is in waterproof compression sacks, and I modified the straps with camlock buckles so that the bags go on or off in seconds.

here are the instructions but i don't see any dimensions!
https://www.sendspace.com/file/989qlj

but i asked them to measure for me.. It is 8 1/2 inches from top to bottom (measuring from the outside edge)

now time to find out the top to bottom measurement of the SW Motech racks to see if it matches.

however i like that top case idea! just gotta see if i can find the right top rack ... a top rack would be much easier to modify anyways. just bolts as long as it's flat.

Last edited:
Thought you didn't want to use soft bags?

you're right i don't... i thought they had more options but just checked them out for bags and nothing! lol
right now waiting for Twisted Throttle to find me the dimensions for their quick release system. !!!

Last edited:
you're right i don't... i thought they had more options but just checked them out for bags and nothing! lol
right now waiting for Twisted Throttle to find me the dimensions for their quick release system. !!!
They have the dimensions right on the link you posted.

Oh wait, that's just for the box side. Not the rack side. I'm surprised the instructions on their site don't specify. It just shows an "example side rack" with all the pieces going onto it when obviously there must be some specific mounting locations/measurements for those parts.

Last edited:
They have the dimensions right on the link you posted.

Oh wait, that's just for the box side. Not the rack side. I'm surprised the instructions on their site don't specify. It just shows an "example side rack" with all the pieces going onto it when obviously there must be some specific mounting locations/measurements for those parts.

that's what i'm saying! i'm chatting with this guy for half an hour now still waiting for an answer. these guys at Twisted throttle suck i don't like their customer service.

as i said before my main concern is something that's waterproof, it's able to be locked somehow for theft and it's quick to release and lock.

Brings me to a page with nothing on it except a line of text that says:

Olark Live Chat is wrapping this website so you can keep talking. Don't see anything? Click here to visit this website without Olark following you.

And the Click Here does nothing.

I'm guessing it has something to do with your chat session.

i don't know what she means by back to front! i mean i could think of many things but i ain't going there!

ANYWAY! there has been a development!!!!

check this out:

http://www.er6thailand.com/board/index.php?topic=31447.0

that's a 2012+ Ninja 650... ER6N same thing.... guess what he put on it... that's NOT a PLX series GIVI... that's a flat one.. definitely not for the ER6N they say... what are the chances for modifying this same rack to fit the 2013 ER6N??? cause this bracket accepts that quick release that i was talking about!!!! how the hell did he do it????

Last edited:
It says in the description that it fits the 2013. Aren't they the same from 2012-2014?

It says in the description that it fits the 2013. Aren't they the same from 2012-2014?

correct 2012+ are all the same both er6n AND ninja 650R... the question is how the hell did he do this????? i don't get it... givi says the ONLY bracket that will fit a 2012+ is the PLX! come on COME ON i think we are gonna end up coming up with an idea i'm sure! i don't wanna settle in for the V35s :(( lol

Last edited:
Go to their Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/NPBikeShop) and message them. If you're lucky someone there speaks English. Maybe they'll sell you one. In the past I ordered parts for my 650R from Thailand and they were 1/3 the price of here so it will probably actually work out cheaper if you can order from them.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom