Stocks | Page 27 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stocks

Looks like I held CGC too long....bought at 4.50$ but should've sold:(

Anyone here into Theralase Technologies (V.TLT)?

I took a swing at a bio (MSTX - nasdaq) about 6 months ago. (did not / would not post here).
They cleared phase 1, and 2 with a remedy for Sickle Cell Disease.
Things (via D.D.) could not have looked better, as phase 3 results were coming "any day".
I bought too much around $0.45. It went to $.70 as rumours heated up - exactly where / when I should have sold, but I was waiting for the "home run".
The FDA denied the medicine.
I unloaded all at $0.09.

That's a 2 bagger already. I wish I could double up on all my holdings!!

AMZN has been running nice since the start of the year. ;-)

I took a swing at a bio (MSTX - nasdaq) about 6 months ago. (did not / would not post here).
Things (via D.D.) could not have looked better, as phase 3 results were coming "any day".
I bought too much around $0.45. It went to $.70 as rumours heated up - exactly where / when I should have sold, but I was waiting for the "home run".
I unloaded all at $0.09.

I remember those days with mast

Bank stocks going to split again soon?

I unloaded all at $0.09.

Ouch....
Like the old saying goes, "Buy on the rumour, Sell on the news".

Got rid of CGC today...I couldn't keep watching it go down.

On the flip side since I got into the boring Tangerine index fund....up $1000 in b/w book value and market value. That makes me feel much happier.

Got rid of CGC today...I couldn't keep watching it go down.

On the flip side since I got into the boring Tangerine index fund....up $1000 in b/w book value and market value. That makes me feel much happier.
I assume you bought in early? These pot stocks are long-term holdings, at least till 2021. Short term volatility is normal.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I still think it's gonna take off, I've been in and out on that one a few times
current value is certainly lower than I thought it would be a year away from legalization

but CGC being well capitalized should emerge the leader when the acquisitions settle out
sector is certainly news driven, no headlines lately so volume is way low and I think
the institutional $ has flowed out hurting the market cap

I'm in long, gonna retire on this, or maybe end up working at Walmart in my golden years if it fails

I assume you bought in early? These pot stocks are long-term holdings, at least till 2021. Short term volatility is normal.

Bought at 4.5$.....I'll keep an eye out and if drops low again I may rebuy into it.

I think CGC will bounce back, the cost of prescription weed will be less than recreational weed, a quality producer should do ok. There is just too much fluctuation in that industry to short term invest in it.

I still think it's gonna take off, I've been in and out on that one a few times
current value is certainly lower than I thought it would be a year away from legalization

but CGC being well capitalized should emerge the leader when the acquisitions settle out

Legalization was priced in long ago. Growth through acquisitions (known as "inorganic growth") is just one of the many red flags with cgc.

North American markets are the most efficient markets in the world. If you're reading about something on the internet you can guarantee us guys with level 3 access knew about it long ago...Marijuana should be viewed just as any other commodity. My personal opinion is that weed.to is dog **** in terms of valuation

Last edited:
Damn it... you guys made me look.

Tweed... I've owned some for a while... bought, sold some, bought more, sold some... still have a few that I will keep on the off chance something big happens with it... but don't expect anything dramatic on the positive side anyway.
I thought it was important to consider who is behind the company when choosing which one to own... tweed is tied tight to the fed liberal party... so I figure it had the best chance at becoming the market leader.

I do think there is some risk.. if rec legalization doesn't go exactly as planned.. which I think is very possible.

NVDA and SHOP. Going to retire soon if this keeps up.
Nice pick on Nvda. When did you buy? I missed that show unfortunately, didn't jump in when the stock was around $60.

There could be an opportunity for Apple to use Nvda gpu's in their laptops in lieu of the current AMD Radeon line up. Better cooling and draws less power.
Nvda is a excellent stock to hold on to. Don't sell anytime soon.

Nice pick on Nvda. When did you buy? I missed that show unfortunately, didn't jump in when the stock was around $60.

There could be an opportunity for Apple to use Nvda gpu's in their laptops in lieu of the current AMD Radeon line up. Better cooling and draws less power.
Nvda is a excellent stock to hold on to. Don't sell anytime soon.

NVDA and AMZN will go to my great grandchildren. I've been in a while now in NVDA and kept averaging up.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

By the way, does anyone here work in any investment boutiques or firms? I'm looking to break into the sell side, hopefully a associate equity research role.

I'm writing my CFA level 2 this June and will be taking additional fin modeling courses through Wall Street Prep once my exam is done.

If anyone is currently working in the field or has experience is their any advice you'd be willing to share?

Thanks alot! :)

Let's hope weed does better
96d0679d6fc41e7d78fd15fe9f7982a1.jpg

Down day today. If you're in the mood for buying, today is probably a better day than yesterday was.

I hear you. Option expiration is playing into my strategy. Still in the money (means my position will get called away) and I still have some wiggle room. I bought some MG to replace what is probably going to get called away but sold calls against it. If it drops below the strike on what I already have, no biggie, I don't mind owning it and selling more calls against it.

Back
Top Bottom