Stocks | Page 22 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stocks

Penny stock, no dividend, low trading volume, it was worth essentially nothing until something happened in Aug-Sept.

Opposite?

Here's one for you Brian: SMG

CEO, James Hagedorn, decided in 2013 that Scotts Miracle-Gro would bet massively on the growth of legal marijuana business. The company is well-known for over two dozen different brands including the famous synthetic fertilizer Miracle-Gro and (bad) weed killer Roundup.

In an interview with Forbes, Hagedorn recalled telling management, "We're doing it. It's beyond stopping." He wasn't talking about growing pot. He was talking about providing the supplies needed to, including: dirt, fertilizer, pesticides, growing systems, lights, hydroponic systems and everything in between.

Scotts Miracle-Gro then started making its biggest acquisitions since the 1990s. The company spent $135 million last year on two California businesses that sold fertilizers, soils and other supplies to pot growers. Recently, the company bought an Amsterdam-based lighting and hydroponics equipment company, Gavita Holland, for $136 million. And the company's subsidiary, Hawthorne, just signed an agreement to purchase an Arizona-based plant nutrient and hydroponic system maker, Botanicare. Sporting a 2.4% dividend yield, Scotts is a total return play that could see its share price double if marijuana legalization spreads to more states.

(above article from www.thestreet.com)

Last edited:
Confession...

I bought 10K worth of one of Gary's picks not that long ago... based only on Gary's posts and zero additional research.

Confession...

I bought 10K worth of one of Gary's picks not that long ago... based only on Gary's posts and zero additional research.

Gary is our Street, lol

What did you buy? Pm me if you don't want to disclose.
I think you should at least buy Gary a great (steak) dinner. :D

Confession...

That's some savvy investment style!!
IF you're not being facetious, I hope it's the one that pays the divi.

Gary is our Street, lol

What did you buy? Pm me if you don't want to disclose.
I think you should at least buy Gary a great (steak) dinner. :D

If in fact buddy did send $10k down the shitter, I don't want steak / dinner / lunch / brunch / breakfast / snacks.....nadda.

Y'all are the street.
I'm the ditch.

I'm going to log onto my fav investing site in a minute.
I might buy another bike. I'm going there for advice. ;)

My gut is telling me that today is the bottom ...but I'm not buying until I have confirmation ..and it's still dropping as I write this.

I bought ACB last monday (nod to Gary for the tip) ...and bought more today.

Also got more OGI on this dip ...yesterday though so too early it seems.

...ACB has bigger market cap than APH and OGI and it's actually making money. Though I think the last report showed them closer to breaking even.

Opposite?

Here's one for you Brian: SMG

*That* is an interesting suggestion, one which I hadn't considered. Pays a dividend, positive and decent P/E ratio, good sized market cap. It's been on an up trend for the last few months. I'll think about this one.

Last Friday (options expiration) some SU that I owned before got called away because it went up recently by more than I thought it would (past the strike price of the call options that I had sold against it). Some TD got called away (because that has also gone up by more than I thought it would), but the current price and option prices don't interest me in replacing that position. I'm fine with having a cash position until the US election ... I'll have to think about whether to stay in cash through the election, or buy before with the expectation of selling after. Or buy before but sell IN the money call options against them. If there's a down day, that might influence that decision.

As usual on days that I'm working, I placed orders when I had time, a little above or below the market as the case may be, and just let the order sit, and let the natural fluctuations and variations do their thing. Bought a little bit of SU to partially replace what called away (I'll wait with the rest until a down day), sold some options against other positions to replace Oct options that had expired worthless.

What do folks think the US election is going to do to us ... ? ? ?

*That* is an interesting suggestion, one which I hadn't considered. Pays a dividend, positive and decent P/E ratio, good sized market cap. It's been on an up trend for the last few months. I'll think about this one.

Last Friday (options expiration) some SU that I owned before got called away because it went up recently by more than I thought it would (past the strike price of the call options that I had sold against it). Some TD got called away (because that has also gone up by more than I thought it would), but the current price and option prices don't interest me in replacing that position. I'm fine with having a cash position until the US election ... I'll have to think about whether to stay in cash through the election, or buy before with the expectation of selling after. Or buy before but sell IN the money call options against them. If there's a down day, that might influence that decision.

As usual on days that I'm working, I placed orders when I had time, a little above or below the market as the case may be, and just let the order sit, and let the natural fluctuations and variations do their thing. Bought a little bit of SU to partially replace what called away (I'll wait with the rest until a down day), sold some options against other positions to replace Oct options that had expired worthless.

What do folks think the US election is going to do to us ... ? ? ?
nothing, life goes on
but
Clinton wins = bank stocks go up and military stocks go up...just my guess

CNAB dropping like a turd, wth is going on? from 2.3x-1.6x now

Markets are down today for elections. Was thinking of picking up some Canadian Bank stocks for cheap... what do you guys think?

Markets are down today for elections. Was thinking of picking up some Canadian Bank stocks for cheap... what do you guys think?

Considering the CDN bank stocks are up at the moment and have increased 5% to 10% in the last six months...."for cheap" is probably not the right term...

Back
Top Bottom