Stocks | Page 19 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stocks

I read about this when it happened. I'm not sure I believe these were simple mistakes as a few people seem to have benefitted quite handsomely in the process.
Agree 200%. I averaged down my cxv and sold off on the bounces. still have a few left. I don't see this one rebounding for a LONG time. And when you compare this to holding another profitable stock, it's a loser all around.

I think I've learned my lesson with penny stocks. It's all PR fluff designed to lure in gullible monies from n00bs like me.

Only holding that CXV stinker now, outside of my index funds/ETFs.

Alright guys, I don't know what to do. I am holding Bombardier stock, and it is down 54.8% right now. I'm down like $1500. Seems like it has nowhere to go but up... or out of business. :(

Alright guys, I don't know what to do. I am holding Bombardier stock, and it is down 54.8% right now. I'm down like $1500. Seems like it has nowhere to go but up... or out of business. :(
First off , never take advice from a forum. Secondly, you're only down when you sell....or they go out of business.

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

First off , never take advice from a forum. Secondly, you're only down when you sell....or they go out of business.

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

I was hoping someone that worked for them would reply. :)

I'm only considering doubling down or waiting for them to go out of business, so we are covered on the losses. In fact I'm still up $250 on them. As long as I never sell!!

I wouldn't want to be hanging onto "the bomber"; company is in trouble. But if I were stuck with some, and weren't in a rush to raise cash, I'd likely wait until early/mid September to sell it. Summer tends to be a lackluster time for the stock market in general, and low market volume can exaggerate moves in both directions and it's down right now.

On the other hand ... if you've owned it long enough to still be in a profit position, AND you have your eyes on something else ... Get out. Whether you like Jim Cramer or not, he's right about this: No one ever got hurt by taking a profit.

"The bomber" has had almost nothing but bad news.

I was hoping someone that worked for them would reply. :)

I'm only considering doubling down or waiting for them to go out of business, so we are covered on the losses. In fact I'm still up $250 on them. As long as I never sell!!

They currently can't deliver some subway trains on time to some country I was reading. There was a threat of that country nixing the deal as the delays were so long. It's not just the aircraft division that has a few problems. I don't invest personally as I'm (a) not savvy enough and (b) I have a sneaky suspicion the system isn't set up for joe public to make money the same way as the Bay St, Wall St guys do. I do read the business pages every day though.

TWD.V - Good long term buy. Should slaughter the general market over the next ten years. And 10 yrs is a decent minimum time frame to hold onto weed stocks.

This is now CGC.V

I picked up some at $2.08 and it has been doing really well since the election. Pulled back today...

Thanks Gary, I wouldn't have looked into it if I hadn't seen your post.

What do you guys think about American health care and biotech? I made good money on it, but not sure how it will perform over next two years.

Finally pulled the trigger on starting this investing thing. Started off with Hydro One stock at the IPO. Only bought a handful of stocks to check it out. Will look at others now that I am all setup and ready to go.

Congratulations! Be smart and don't get caught up with crowd frenzy

Finally pulled the trigger on starting this investing thing. Started off with Hydro One stock at the IPO. Only bought a handful of stocks to check it out. Will look at others now that I am all setup and ready to go.

I am thinking of buying VW stocks.
What says you guys?

It's VW...they'll come back to their own glory with time. Never checked their stock to see if it went down after the scandal but people will forget and life will move on.

Congratulations! Be smart and don't get caught up with crowd frenzy

Thanks. Just trying to learn slowly and take it from there. Mind you I was terrified when it went down to $2/share by the end of the day yesterday. But today it's back to where it was +/-. Have to start somewhere I guess.

What says you guys?

Wait until next year. It'll stay the same or go down more. Put your money in something else until then.

I would highly recommend buying Tesla (TSLA). It was an amazing buy when it was hovering around $206 a few days ago. Next year will be Tesla's year.

Wait until next year. It'll stay the same or go down more. Put your money in something else until then.

I would highly recommend buying Tesla (TSLA). It was an amazing buy when it was hovering around $206 a few days ago. Next year will be Tesla's year.

I bought 30 at 208.. now i'm thinking of selling it to fund some other stocks =/

Thinking of getting rid of the Trinidad drilling stocks. I lost 400 bucks on it unfortunately. I was actually looking at Tesla but not to sell next year, this would be a longterm investment as I believe they are the future of automobiles as soon as they release an affordable model and get their charging stations in more and more areas.

What says you guys?

The company is big enough that it's unlikely to collapse. The stock is at half of its 52-week high because of the initial scandal, and the latest mini-scandal had a negligible further hit on the stock price.

The stock price will come back once VW demonstrates that it has a fix and the scandal dies down. Buying some of its stock at firesale prices now for longer term gains later may not be a bad bet.

I bought 30 at 208.. now i'm thinking of selling it to fund some other stocks =/

VW will recover. If you sell it now at today's $129.95 close, all you will achieve is crystallizing a loss of $78 per share. UNless you really need the $2.3K you would get in sale proceeds, I would just hold onto it and watch it rise back up in the coming months.

Back
Top Bottom