Stocks | Page 12 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stocks

I trade with TD all the time Joe. US, Canadian, mutual funds in the past, I've never had to call anything in.

Really? My buddy and brother are both with TD, and the CSE (formally CDNX) is not available to them online afaik. I will investigate this further. I apologize if I have given out bad information.

Really? My buddy and brother are both with TD, and the CSE (formally CDNX) is not available to them online afaik. I will investigate this further. I apologize if I have given out bad information.

You may be right. I searched CSE and CDNX on both TD and Scotia iTrade and couldn't find a buy/sell button for S&P/TSX COMPS INDEX.

However, CSE it there as Capstone Infrastructure corp if they want to buy that. :lmao:

[h=1][/h]

Scotia i-trade has a dropdown box that simply prompts "US" or "CDN" markets. Pick one.
It allows for trading on the TSX and Venture in Canada. No grey market - phone it in, if need be.
For US issues, you can trade NYSE, Nasdaq and OTC. Pink sheet buys / sells need to be phoned in.

Yeah, that's what I was told. But be forewarned, those are mostly penny stocks, and much more risky.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 Windows Phone using Tapatalk

I'm only trading in US right now. Don't see a lot of hope for Canadian markets since 2013. I prefer my US funds to appreciate so when I convert to CAD it's better :D

I'm thinking of switching the majority of my portfolio into major US banks right now. I really think housing is going to start booming in US soon. Lots of Banks in US are still under valued. What are your thoughts on this?

I'm not an active trader. I usually phone it in.

A lot of speculation that the Canada is likely to go into recession. I would be careful to invest in Canadian markets right now. I do see a lot of boom going on in Ontario right now that's all set off by demand. If demand stalls then I worry =/

Looking back, recessions seem to cycle around 8 years, so 2016 would be on track...
I'm thinking of moving money out of the market and into cash. Buy back in at the downturn. Again, timing the market, another non recommended action.

Yeah, that's what I was told. But be forewarned, those are mostly penny stocks, and much more risky.

Risk + luck = FREEDOM (40). ;-)

I'm only trading in US right now. Don't see a lot of hope for Canadian markets since 2013. I prefer my US funds to appreciate so when I convert to CAD it's better :D

I'm thinking of switching the majority of my portfolio into major US banks right now. I really think housing is going to start booming in US soon. Lots of Banks in US are still under valued. What are your thoughts on this?

A lot of speculation that the Canada is likely to go into recession.

If you think Canada is heading into the tank, you can "short" all the stock your heart desires.
People that time it right are some of the most wealthy walking the face.

US banks? Will the interest rate increase help, or hinder stock prices?

Risk + luck = FREEDOM (40). ;-)

If you think Canada is heading into the tank, you can "short" all the stock your heart desires.
People that time it right are some of the most wealthy walking the face.

US banks? Will the interest rate increase help, or hinder stock prices?

Naw, people who get bailouts are the richest of all times. It's better to own one of those companies too big to fail that will gross negative affect the economy like lehman. Make sure you tank it so your other investments go through the roof and then wait for the bailout to make you more richer.

Interest rate in the short term I think will lower the price which is the time I want to get in, but after the rate increase I think they should go up.

Actually if property prices go down, I'm thinking of buying as much commercial property as possible. Especially in areas that will be bought out and converted into larger condo/office towers just outside of the downtown core.

Some of these places get insane valuations. I was looking at a run down building in bloor west village. It was bought 4 years ago for $2 mill and now they are selling it for $4 mill.

Looking back, recessions seem to cycle around 8 years, so 2016 would be on track...
I'm thinking of moving money out of the market and into cash. Buy back in at the downturn. Again, timing the market, another non recommended action.

Made a little bit of money daytrading DWTI a handful of times. I got lucky.

Put the proceeds on a bunch of long-shot pot stocks:

NHL (marijuana edibles to be sold in Colorado)
BLO (marijuana breathalyzer)
MMJ (medical marijuana, about to get their full license)

Also CRS (oil), who's allegedly about to drill in Texas.

I think BLO is the most promising of all. Got in at 37 cents.

Made a little bit of money daytrading DWTI a handful of times. I got lucky.

Put the proceeds on a bunch of long-shot pot stocks:

NHL (marijuana edibles to be sold in Colorado)
BLO (marijuana breathalyzer)
MMJ (medical marijuana, about to get their full license)

Also CRS (oil), who's allegedly about to drill in Texas.

I think BLO is the most promising of all. Got in at 37 cents.

Nice! Congrats! Who did you trade with?

I haven't done anything interesting. March call options that I had sold short all expired worthless, so I sold April call options with mostly the same (out of the money) strikes.

My Oasis Petroleum stock is quite the volatile stock. Went up almost 2 dollars yesterday from and today it's up another 50 cents...

Bought the stocks at 12 and they're at 17 now. I only bought 18 shares but it's going well. They only recently started going up after almost a month of low 13s and I think it dipped down to 12. I imagine they will go down again before bouncing back up

Still holding on to those 4 penny stocks mentioned above. Not much movement. NHL is down a bit but it seems promising over the next year or so, will average down once my tax refund comes in.

CXV.V smashes through $0.60.
It's these hot little pennies that can solve many problems in life, like working for a living for instance. :lmao:

My Oasis Petroleum stock is quite the volatile stock. Went up almost 2 dollars yesterday from and today it's up another 50 cents...

Bought the stocks at 12 and they're at 17 now. I only bought 18 shares but it's going well. They only recently started going up after almost a month of low 13s and I think it dipped down to 12. I imagine they will go down again before bouncing back up

You may wish to put a limit-order "sell" for part of your portfolio at or a little above where it is now, to lock in some profit.

If there is subsequently a down day, you can always buy back in ...

You may wish to put a limit-order "sell" for part of your portfolio at or a little above where it is now, to lock in some profit.

If there is subsequently a down day, you can always buy back in ...

On 12 shares, the commish might kill him.

Back
Top Bottom