Stocks | Page 20 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stocks

VW will recover. If you sell it now at today's $129.95 close, all you will achieve is crystallizing a loss of $78 per share. UNless you really need the $2.3K you would get in sale proceeds, I would just hold onto it and watch it rise back up in the coming months.

Ahh sorry i was referring to Tesla @ 208

Thinking of getting rid of the Trinidad drilling stocks. I lost 400 bucks on it unfortunately. I was actually looking at Tesla but not to sell next year, this would be a longterm investment as I believe they are the future of automobiles as soon as they release an affordable model and get their charging stations in more and more areas.

I know TSLA is banking on their upcoming mass-market model selling in large numbers ... but they had better watch out for this: http://www.autonews.com/article/20150629/OEM05/306299985/chevy-pulls-ahead-timetable-for-bolt-ev
I

More appropriate for an investment thread I suppose, but the bank takes care of my investments in a "moderate/high-risk" portfolio. it hasn't been doing well and has been shrinking the past 5-6 months. Are the markets not doing well or is the bank being lazy with managing it?

More appropriate for an investment thread I suppose, but the bank takes care of my investments in a "moderate/high-risk" portfolio. it hasn't been doing well and has been shrinking the past 5-6 months. Are the markets not doing well or is the bank being lazy with managing it?
What are the management fees like? As long as they are naking their money, really, they dgaf what happens to your $$
I'm guessing mutual funds?
Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

The Chinese stock market melted down in June, overall market value there dropped by a third in less than a month. Further shocks happened in July and August, and China devaluing its currency in August making its exports even cheaper to buy in North America didn't help either.

Canadian and US markets were impacted by those hits as well as by negative economic indicators here in North America, and were on a slide since the start of June up until the end of September. The S&P/TSX Composite Index went from 15,400 down to a low of 12,700, a 20% drop in that time. There has been a bit of a recovery in October with the Composite Index bouncing around in the 13,500 to 14,000 range.

If your investments are in the moderate/high risk category they are more susceptible to volatility created by market nervousness, and China has given the markets plenty to be nervous about.

The Chinese stock market melted down in June, overall market value there dropped by a third in less than a month. Further shocks happened in July and August, and China devaluing its currency in August making its exports even cheaper to buy in North America didn't help either.

Canadian and US markets were impacted by those hits as well as by negative economic indicators here in North America, and were on a slide since the start of June up until the end of September. The S&P/TSX Composite Index went from 15,400 down to a low of 12,700, a 20% drop in that time. There has been a bit of a recovery in October with the Composite Index bouncing around in the 13,500 to 14,000 range.

If your investments are in the moderate/high risk category they are more susceptible to volatility created by market nervousness, and China has given the markets plenty to be nervous about.
Thank you very much for the detailed reply.

Thank you very much for the detailed reply.

Np. Don't be in a hurry to sell because that just crystallizes any loss. Leave it to the bank's portfolio managers to recalibrate the holdings to suit the markets.

The markets will recover following the hiccup, er, burp. The drop actually provides you with a good buying opportunity if you have spare cash laying around doing nothing.

Given how the last few months have gone, I'm content with my self-administered account having more or less broken even. (It was down some, but has recovered in the last week or two)

Np. Don't be in a hurry to sell because that just crystallizes any loss. Leave it to the bank's portfolio managers to recalibrate the holdings to suit the markets.

The markets will recover following the hiccup, er, burp. The drop actually provides you with a good buying opportunity if you have spare cash laying around doing nothing.
Spare cash is going towards a third bike (and not the ring that the gf wants ;) )

Spare cash is going towards a third bike (and not the ring that the gf wants ;) )
Doesn't matter how much you sink into the bike...it will cost you less in the long run. Trust me. ?

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

Looking at more options now as I'm slowly feeding in the account with some side money I make (minimal but it's a start) and looking at DRIP options.

Any recommendations on DRIP stocks? I thought all dividend paying stocks are DRIP, but they're not so now need to take a look at others.

Looking at more options now as I'm slowly feeding in the account with some side money I make (minimal but it's a start) and looking at DRIP options.

Any recommendations on DRIP stocks? I thought all dividend paying stocks are DRIP, but they're not so now need to take a look at others.

Depending on your investing style (passive, active, etc) look into Index Fund ETFs (iShares Blackrock, Vanguard, etc), Dollar cost averaging and synthetic (Automatic) DRIPs.

This is now CGC.V

I picked up some at $2.08 and it has been doing really well since the election. Pulled back today...

Thanks Gary, I wouldn't have looked into it if I hadn't seen your post.

This is now CGC.TO

Has been doing well. I expect flat or down slightly until around Jan/Feb. Anyone else have any thoughts?

Also bought APH and OGI ...both are up.

This is now CGC.TO

Has been doing well. I expect flat or down slightly until around Jan/Feb. Anyone else have any thoughts?

I have it, I will likely sell around the time it becomes legal, maybe even just before, all about the hype. I won't hold it much longer because lots of others will get into the market pretty quick, why risk it when I have already made so much... They may be the big winner long term, maybe not.

Getting too greedy usually ends poorly.

This is now CGC.TO

Nice 3 / 6 / 12 month charts (APH). OGI on a technical run atm. Stay tuned - closely.
CGC is set to run. Could start tomorrow. Again. Stay tuned. Take some $$. Rinse / repeat.

I won't hold it much longer because lots of others will get into the market pretty quick, why risk it when I have already made so much... They may be the big winner long term, maybe not.

I agree that the smaller companies may not make it long term but growing bigger than CGC at this point will be no easy task. Depends how the legislation goes... Eg. they currently ship medical product by mail. If they can do that for recreational, they can beat retail prices with no middle man.

As a rule, I don't deal with smallcaps but I got the same feeling that I had with NFLX when it was at $8 ...which I didn't act on and kicked myself for.

"Impossible to see the future is" - Yoda

Bought few weeks ago CM:US @ $76.83 and BAC:US @ $14.82... very glad with the purchase eventhough CM had a hold rating. I think it'll go up even more ... hopefully a stock split.

BAC:US is going to be a long term hold for me. I plan on my buying a crap more BAC:US along with WFC:US & JPM:US soon. Would like to buy AGN:US but hoping price goes down a bit. AGN:US should be $300+ next year hopefully once they ditch the generic side of things.

My RR seems to be getting me out of bank stocks at the moment. I have made some decent returns from them though.

Call them tomorrow, and ask anything you want. It really doesn't get any better:

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA--(Marketwired - Apr 29, 2015) - Convalo Health International, Corp. (Convalo) (TSX VENTURE:CXV), a company focused on rolling up the highly-fragmented addiction recovery sector of companies in the US, today announced it will host an interactive Q&A conference call at 4p.m. EST on Thursday, April 30, 2015.

Participants from Convalo will be Michael Dalsin (Chairman) and David Ward (CFO).

The details of the call are:

Thursday, April 30, 2015 at 4 p.m. EST

US & Canada Toll Free:

Dial In: (855) 399-2673

Today's price:
$0.115

Another one bites the dust.

Back
Top Bottom