Stocks | Page 21 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stocks

I'm shocked...not.

Gotta weigh the risks. Main risk I have now is that MG and TD have both gone up past the strike prices of options that I sold against them a while ago, so they're going to get called away unless there is a correction in the next couple of weeks...which might happen.

Any recommendations on index funds? I'm considering going through the Tangerine funds, but undecided as of yet. Something simple, and long term growth.

Good call! ...I was wrong. Any thoughts on where it's headed? My style is generally long term/swing so more interested in the next buy point.

Every day lately, CGC makes new highs. Quite a run this year (and since the technical breakout). Looks like more to come.
Check out the 5 day chart on this one: MGW.V
Keep an eye on these until the eoy:
'PUF.CN' 'AVV.CN' 'GCI.CN' 'IN.CN' 'BE.CN' 'EAT.CN' 'MDM.CN' 'GLH.CN' 'THC.CN' 'ACB.CN'
'NSP.V' 'MGW.V' 'MJN.V' 'MT.V' 'OGI.V' 'APH.V' 'CGC.TO'

Any recommendations on index funds? I'm considering going through the Tangerine funds, but undecided as of yet. Something simple, and long term growth.

If you like 9 - 10% (dividend), consider DIV.TO (stock). Price is very non-volatile.
Monthly divs. DRIP eligible. Set that up and come back in 5 years. It's fun to have a bit of it in the TFSA also.

Last edited:
If you like 9 - 10% (dividend), consider DIV.TO (stock). Price is very non-volatile.
Monthly divs. DRIP eligible. Set that up and come back in 5 years. It's fun to have a bit of it in the TFSA also.

Thanks! DRIP is what I'm most interested in as I don't have the $ to drop tons of cash into the market. Slowly forward.

If your portfolio is less than $15K, Tangerine has a great single fund that gives you access to Canadian/CAN Bond/US/International markets and is automatically balanced. Perfect for the set it and forget it crowd.

http://canadiancouchpotato.com/model-portfolios-2/

Thanks! DRIP is what I'm most interested in as I don't have the $ to drop tons of cash into the market. Slowly forward.

Stick with index funds.

Playing the penny stock market is great for playing with 5-10% of your portfolio. For every winner there are about 100 losers... and a total loss, not a depreciation. See CXV.V from a few pages back as an example - I got bitten by that one too...

Time IN the market vs. Timing the market.

Every day lately, CGC makes new highs. Quite a run this year (and since the technical breakout). Looks like more to come.

Do you trade full time? This is more of a hobby for me. And, I tend to be pretty conservative. Between CGC, OGI and APH I'm in for about $9k which has doubled in the past couple of months (kinda smells like a new bike lol) so I'm still riding this wave. I want to see an established trend/channel before playing the swings. But, as I said, I'm new to small caps so this might not work as well.

Check out the 5 day chart on this one: MGW.V
Keep an eye on these until the eoy:
'PUF.CN' 'AVV.CN' 'GCI.CN' 'IN.CN' 'BE.CN' 'EAT.CN' 'MDM.CN' 'GLH.CN' 'THC.CN' 'ACB.CN'
'NSP.V' 'MGW.V' 'MJN.V' 'MT.V' 'OGI.V' 'APH.V' 'CGC.TO'

MGW is taking off. Might have some resistance around 1.16. And, could bounce around .86 today.

Thanks for the other ideas. Last year, I moved into CAD from USD and have never dealt in the canadian markets before. Not sure if I want to put more into this sector but PUF, IN, ACB and MJN look interesting at first glance. Will be keeping an eye on them.

Stick with index funds.

Playing the penny stock market is great for playing with 5-10% of your portfolio. For every winner there are about 100 losers... and a total loss, not a depreciation. See CXV.V from a few pages back as an example - I got bitten by that one too...

Time IN the market vs. Timing the market.

Tell us all you know about DIV.TO without looking anything up.
Thank you.
As for CXV.
I posted it at $0.27. Also posted I didn't own a single share. It went to $0.80+. You bought on the way down. That's YOUR fault / problem.

When you're done telling the class all about DIV.TO, teach 'em everything you know about catching falling knives.

Do you trade full time? This is more of a hobby for me. And, I tend to be pretty conservative. Between CGC, OGI and APH I'm in for about $9k which has doubled in the past couple of months (kinda smells like a new bike lol) so I'm still riding this wave. I want to see an established trend/channel before playing the swings. But, as I said, I'm new to small caps so this might not work as well.

MGW is taking off. Might have some resistance around 1.16. And, could bounce around .86 today.

Thanks for the other ideas. Last year, I moved into CAD from USD and have never dealt in the canadian markets before. Not sure if I want to put more into this sector but PUF, IN, ACB and MJN look interesting at first glance. Will be keeping an eye on them.

I don't do anything full time, or part time.
Consider staying in (or set a decent stop loss) with your MJ stocks until at least the eoy. You may have enough for several new bikes!!

Tell us all you know about DIV.TO without looking anything up.
Thank you.
As for CXV.
I posted it at $0.27. Also posted I didn't own a single share. It went to $0.80+. You bought on the way down. That's YOUR fault / problem.

When you're done telling the class all about DIV.TO, teach 'em everything you know about catching falling knives.

I don't do anything full time, or part time.
Consider staying in (or set a decent stop loss) with your MJ stocks until at least the eoy. You may have enough for several new bikes!!
LOL.

Sensitive much?

Hey... I didn't play the blame game.... but I don't hear any one else pushing penny stocks?

Ps I wasn't talking to you?

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

LOL.

Sensitive much?

Hey... I didn't play the blame game.... but I don't hear any one else pushing penny stocks?

Ps I wasn't talking to you?

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

You've been whining since the day you bought CXV.
I don't see anyone pushing anything. ('cept the bank stock dude)
Was also unaware of penny stocks handing out 10% divis. I'll look deeper. Ticker symbols would help.

This is weird....BMO InvestorLine doesn't do DRIP on the Div stock. They do on others but not that one. I guess different trading platforms have their own setups?

Thanks Gary.

YW.

Let's see if MOX.V or TMB.TO do anything in the next few trading days.
I DO NOT own, nor am I planning on buying either issue.
Just 2 technical calls for today.
(I pay a fee to read them. I am NOT a T/A).

My 'longshot' for the day: APH.V.

Last edited:
"Past performance doesn't guarantee future results"

Penny stock, no dividend, low trading volume, it was worth essentially nothing until something happened in Aug-Sept.

Look at the book value. Look at the earnings per share.

I don't know what happened in Aug-Sept that set this on fire. It certainly isn't one that I pay any attention to, so I have no idea what that might have been.

I won't touch it. Too much risk to go either long or short.

The pennies are for gambling. If you have $1.00, it's not a good idea to 'gamble' your dollar away.
If you're the degenerate gambler type (as I can be at times), slice off $0.05 ($0.07 - $0.08 at most), for this type of investing.
Chances are a 99% loss, or worse.
example: company I owned had a Sickle Cell disease product failure.
I took a 98% hit on it last week. (US$13K loss....i.e - that's a new Hayabusa).
If it went the other way..................I could have bought each H2, a Pani in every colour, etc, etc.

Anyone here around for the tech bubble?
I was.
I was playing everything. Pennies. Blue Chip. Didn't matter. Hit the 'buy' button today, sell tomorrow. Win.
One fond memory - a certain "pennie" I started buying at $0.06 kept going up. Huge. Daily. I kept buying up to ~$0.30 and I sold 'em all at $25.00. Retired (1996). Freedom 40. It can be done.
The current MJ / weed phenom, just might be the next bubble (that may not burst for a long, long time?)
Election in the US. Two weeks from now. Some states voting on legalizing rec weed. Several more voting on medicinal.
Canada talking about legalizing in the spring '17.
Will this be good, or bad for weed stock(s)?
Figure it out.
Place your bets.

disclosure......I have since bought 4 companies (I'm not singing) from the list I posted on the 5th.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom