Stocks | Page 26 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stocks

Anyone see the news about Tokyo Smoke? Thoughts?
Brett Wilson and a CGC co founder are investors.

Sent from the Purple Zone

I'm riding the Trump wave ... but with call options written against my position, as usual ... Today was a good day.

always fun to look back at comments on cgc aka WEED. I got in on ground floor and continue to add pot stocks to my portfolio !!! Its the new tech craze lol

I'm thinking of buying LOW:US. Looks attractive and is being traded below market value. Thinking next week it's earnings will be good and stock should go out.

I was getting lazy over the last week to buy LOW:US when it was hovering around $77. Dropped to $74. Picked it up yesterday and now up 9%. This one I'll drop if it reaches $89.

I would do it but I haven't looked at what companies that ETF holds. From my personal experience, weed stocks have generated an extremely high rate of return but I did go through a year of losing 50%. It makes sense with the legalization that they will continue to go up.

HOWEVER

Medical studies regarding weed are extremely lacking, neither myself or a few doctors I know have found reliable studies showing the long term effects of exposure to MJ. If something comes out that puts negative light on weed, **** may hit the fan. Jumping into the market now would be a great idea but keep a close eye on it; this isn't an invest and forget sector.

I just finished doing my income tax.

Ouch.

While taking a break from that, I bought some Magna (MG) for a little over $53 (it has been down lately) and sold May $54 calls against it. If it goes up, that pays for a piece of the tax bill. If it doesn't, I don't mind owning it having effectively paid under $52 for it.

油井緋色;2488306 said:
I would do it but I haven't looked at what companies that ETF holds. From my personal experience, weed stocks have generated an extremely high rate of return but I did go through a year of losing 50%. It makes sense with the legalization that they will continue to go up.

HOWEVER

Medical studies regarding weed are extremely lacking, neither myself or a few doctors I know have found reliable studies showing the long term effects of exposure to MJ. If something comes out that puts negative light on weed, **** may hit the fan. Jumping into the market now would be a great idea but keep a close eye on it; this isn't an invest and forget sector.

The players don't care about the medical weed... they are planning for the recreational legalization. Getting into medical weed was just to prepare for the recreational market.

The players don't care about the medical weed... they are planning for the recreational legalization. Getting into medical weed was just to prepare for the recreational market.

It doesn't matter if it is recreational or medical. Look at the United Airlines fiasco; their stocks reflect it too.

油井緋色;2488888 said:
It doesn't matter if it is recreational or medical. Look at the United Airlines fiasco; their stocks reflect it too.

they've already had a recalls and the news that some were using banned chemicals... hardly noticed.
recreational use won't be effected by a medical report about the long term effects of use.
There will only be a couple legal producers by the time it's legal... buys and mergers.

United airlines? Yeah, if the weed companies sell to people and then beat the customer up to take their product back because an employee decides they wanted that bud.. I would expect a backlash!

油井緋色;2488306 said:

HOWEVER

First time poster on this page :) Relatively new(er) to stock trading and option strategies.

People should realize these pot stocks don't trade on sound fundamentals, because those valuations are insane on their own. These stocks will keep reacting to whatever market news comes is released, and the sensitivity is high.

I purchased the HMMJ ETF the first trading day and I'm happy I did, holds a lot of the biggest established market leaders. It also holds standard fertilizer stocks.

Another great company to invest in is ICC on the tsxv. If and when recreational marijuana becomes legal in Canada the demand is expected to overshadow the supply our domestic pot growers are able to produce. ICC will be one of those international pot growers that will step in and help fill that Gap with B2B deals.

One big cause of concern in the pot market is the fact that companies won't really be able to effectively market their products. Labels and package designs will all look bland and similar most likely, and you won't ever see adverts of any kind to draw people to one specific brand. In this case, it's smart to chase the one producer that currently has the largest patient base and acquisition growth rate, largest production facilities, and greatest consistency of products offered (WEED, formerly CGC, had some negative news regarding this).

And on a other note, edibles and other marijuana derivative products will most likely outstrip the sales of standard bud :)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Anyone here into Theralase Technologies (V.TLT)?
I bought in at $0.36 near the beginning of April and it closed today at $0.445.
They are currently in phase 1b of human trials for bladder cancer. According to lab and animal testing, it is 98%-100% effective in getting rid of cancer with little to no side effects. They will be reporting on the first round of human trials towards the end of May.
It's a risky investment, but if it works as well in humans as it did in the lab and in animals it will be HUGE! I figured it was worth a $1,000 gamble. Just thought I would give people here the heads up in case you wanted to gamble a bit too.
As with all stocks, do your own DD.

Anyone here into Theralase Technologies (V.TLT)?
I bought in at $0.36 near the beginning of April and it closed today at $0.445.
They are currently in phase 1b of human trials for bladder cancer. According to lab and animal testing, it is 98%-100% effective in getting rid of cancer with little to no side effects. They will be reporting on the first round of human trials towards the end of May.
It's a risky investment, but if it works as well in humans as it did in the lab and in animals it will be HUGE! I figured it was worth a $1,000 gamble. Just thought I would give people here the heads up in case you wanted to gamble a bit too.
As with all stocks, do your own DD.

Early biotech almost always has several offerings before getting close to putting something to market. Also many times positive phase one show little efficacy in phase two. Anything that has potential to help people I think is great.. just trying to heed some friendly warnings!

Awesome return though 23.61%

Early biotech almost always has several offerings before getting close to putting something to market. Also many times positive phase one show little efficacy in phase two. Anything that has potential to help people I think is great.. just trying to heed some friendly warnings!

Awesome return though 23.61%

It's my one risky stock and only a small percentage of my portfolio. If it fails I loose a grand, but if it actually works, it will hit huge! I don't just mean that it will make me money, I mean it will be huge for people everywhere. Just think, a 98-100% cure for cancer that is a quick out-patient procedure with very little side effects....I mean, that's a game changer! And if I can be a part of making that happen, awesome!

It's my one risky stock and only a small percentage of my portfolio. If it fails I loose a grand, but if it actually works, it will hit huge! I don't just mean that it will make me money, I mean it will be huge for people everywhere. Just think, a 98-100% cure for cancer that is a quick out-patient procedure with very little side effects....I mean, that's a game changer! And if I can be a part of making that happen, awesome!

That really does sound like it could be a blockbuster if they can successfully bring it to market

Back
Top Bottom