Stocks | Page 28 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stocks

Wow. I hope @mimico_polak still has some of this:
b2928fbe7b30ed0d37cd6391b8c604ca.jpg

Sent from the purple GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

I unloaded CGC last tuesday at $33.20, bought at $6.00 ish last july. The genius say it may hit $50 but I'm out. I wish I'd bought more than 1000 shares when I had the chance.

Might help break even on the dumb stuff I bought last yr.....

I unloaded CGC last tuesday at $33.20, bought at $6.00 ish last july. The genius say it may hit $50 but I'm out. I wish I'd bought more than 1000 shares when I had the chance.

Might help break even on the dumb stuff I bought last yr.....

Well played.
In hindsight, we always wish we bought more on a win, and less on a slap.
I got out of cgc ages ago with a double. Still holding Aurora, Aphria, HMMJ, and a couple other penny's in the mj sector. (blgv.v nsp.v thcx.v) Fun times.

Guy I share office space with after fees and taxes will net about 120K he figures on CGC he bought in the 4 buck range, he plays hard for an amatuer.
He suggests smaller shops will be aquisition targets for the bigger players, buying shares of those trading could be a good move.

I hope so too.
I bought a whack of the old ICP potash (now BLGV) @ a nickel. Iffn, and when it hits a buck.....New Gold Wing and a pair of Corvettes :p

Nope:( sold when it went from $20 down to $8....I’ll go drink my pain away...still doubled my money but...

Understanding the risks of asking GTAM, an internet forum, what platform do you guys use to do trades?
I'm not a daytrader, and am mostly asking for the ease of buying (mobile?)

I use TD WebBroker. I've never tried it on a phone app although I know they have one. Can't read a screen that small.

Understanding the risks of asking GTAM, an internet forum, what platform do you guys use to do trades?
I'm not a daytrader, and am mostly asking for the ease of buying (mobile?)

I use itrade. I am mainly buy and hold but I have used the mobile app and it works ok. I have unregistered, RRSP and RESP accounts. Never any major problems (just annoyed that adding accounts or beneficiaries often requires actual paper applications delivered to itrade). Their documentation on how to do things could be vastly improved (eg. no clear description of what is required to add RESP beneficiary (easily answered on by phone), you cannot transfer funds within itrade into an RESP without a phone call and them doing it manually, etc.)

When my wife has money to invest we will probably set her up with TD (mainly to get access to e-series funds).

Last edited:
I use TD web broker for my 'play fund' . Small amounts of money that I can (maybe) afford to loose. I'm no daytrader either.

I use Edward Jones for things within my TFSA and RRSP's. They seem to have a pretty decent handle on what may be safe and actually have red flags on stocks that thier reps couldn't buy for you even if they tried. Fees are OK.
I'm liking ETF's that hold stocks I like and more, less problem as the stocks may be bought and sold within the ETF so the cost of trade are inside the ETF. And they have a large staff trained to look after this stuff, much smarter than I will ever be about it.

I use CIBC Investors Edge
no issues, cheap trades, good research info
had used Scotia iTrade previously, very similar to the CIBC offering

I'm still in long with CGC
bought in prior to the fed election
a few months after IPO when it was Tweed
haven't stopped smiling

I'm still in long with CGC
bought in prior to the fed election
a few months after IPO when it was Tweed
haven't stopped smiling

Love these stories! Congrats.

I use Scotia I trade for 90%, and TD for the rest. Prefer Scotia.

Yesterday: sold all my BLGV and THCX. Bought NUU three times. $5.50 average, hoping / praying it'll be the next tweed.

Anyone else buy the ipo?
Aph to buy Nuu for ~$8.50. That didn't take very long.

No...I bought NUU fairly recently so far I'm only up 7% on it.

I use BMO Investorline, but will be opening a TD account as I'd like to get the E-series index funds to diversify my current Tangerine Index Funds (which I'm very happy with at the moment). I've got an old TD Waterhouse account but not sure if that's the one I can buy the e-series funds for free with, plus I need to consolidate OLD work RSP accounts into a single self-directed account.

Nice to see the valuation of Canadian weed stocks being buoyed up by speculation on international aspirations.The only fly in the ointment is the simple fact that production costs will be far higher for our product than domestic product anywhere else.

Trump's trade-talk shenanigans have thrown stock markets into turmoil. My portfolio has taken a beating because of it.

Might as well salvage whatever I can out of it ... I am thinking that the threatened aluminum and steel tariffs are not going to happen within the NAFTA countries at a minimum. Magna took a beating ... I already own some. I bought more last Friday, at around $68, and sold a short-dated (this coming Friday) weekly $68 call against it for around $0.85, with the additional bonus that their quarterly dividend payment (US$0.33 = about C$0.40) goes out to shareholders of record at some point this week (IIRC Wednesday). If it rebounds (which it did, today) I keep what I sold the call option for plus the quarterly dividend payment, works out to about $1.25 a share, which is not bad for only owning it for a week. If today's rebound doesn't hold, I don't mind owning it for effectively paying $68 - $0.85 - $0.40 = $66.75 for it.

Volatility means high option prices. Sell some!

Back into the game after a long hiatus.

Made a good chunk of change from canopy before selling.

Im trying to get rid of aurora but I'm down 70 bucks I'm hoping aurora keeps going up so I can sell.

I recently purchased tesla stocks after they dipped from Elon musk being on the JRE. and I also just purchased some amazon stocks as well.

Though the Canadian dollar is garbage in the USD stock market - it seems to be a little more stable than the Canadian pot market.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

I'm staying in long with Canopy, Aurora and Aphria. With the Diageo rumours and Aphria divesting from LHS I think Aphria might have a good run ahead of them. While the weed sector is volatile I am up week over week.

Back
Top Bottom