Dealer makes an final invoice lower price mistake? | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Dealer makes an final invoice lower price mistake?

What reason would there be for a deposit on a stock on the lot car really? If you don't take it at the negotiate time/day, it get's sold to the next person.

It actually protects you and the salesperson.
They will create a contract. They are supposed to put a VIN#. Now that car can't be sold until the contract expires or you say no and ask for refund.
Think of a bike, limited stock...think used bike that you want, good deal and lots of extras.
No money down, no contract then you got no claim.

deposit=claim (even a temporary claim)

Last edited:
The opposite can happen too. A seller takes a deposit on an item, but sells it to someone else and gives 1st buyer the deposit back. Original buyer is SOL. Didn't get the item, but got deposit back. Has happened to me before.
Illegal when it comes to cars.

Ive had used car dealerships try to get a deposit before we even haggled or took the car out for a spin.

Latest one we went looking for a volvo v50 for my mom. I called, asked if its available and can we see it. Drive for 45 min through rush hour to get there and its burried 5 cars in.

Cant test drive it. In fact i have to sit down, work out a price before he would arrange to pull it out for us to drive it the next day. The fak? What if she doesnt like how it drives? We waste all this time for nothing? I blew up when he told me its because he doesnt want to waste his time. Yea? What about our time? I came from up north to see this car for her.

when I try to explain that not all cars are the same and i will not negotiate on a carwithout driving it, especially a used one he looked at me like i grew a second head.

Meanwhile when i went to buy my Jeep the sales guy threw me the keys and dealer plate, said "have fun"

Ive had used car dealerships try to get a deposit before we even haggled or took the car out for a spin.

Latest one we went looking for a volvo v50 for my mom. I called, asked if its available and can we see it. Drive for 45 min through rush hour to get there and its burried 5 cars in.

Cant test drive it. In fact i have to sit down, work out a price before he would arrange to pull it out for us to drive it the next day. The fak? What if she doesnt like how it drives? We waste all this time for nothing? I blew up when he told me its because he doesnt want to waste his time. Yea? What about our time? I came from up north to see this car for her.

when I try to explain that not all cars are the same and i will not negotiate on a carwithout driving it, especially a used one he looked at me like i grew a second head.

Meanwhile when i went to buy my Jeep the sales guy threw me the keys and dealer plate, said "have fun"

love those types
here are the keys, see you in 30 minutes or so...lol

Illegal when it comes to cars.

Happened to me, negotiated a deal, left deposit, jumped through all the hoops for the paperwork, their computer showed the vehicle "available", I had the copy of the print out with the special internal number they use to identify the in stock vehicle.

They left me high and dry, and after a few angry emails, sent me my deposit back.....

with all the talk about using credit cards not being used at dealerships. I guess that whenever I bought cars, I try to push for as much of it as possible to be on the card. I want my points !

For bikes I have pushed it as far as about 40% the cost of the bike on the card. Cars usually only about 10-15%

Back
Top Bottom