Dealer makes an final invoice lower price mistake? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Dealer makes an final invoice lower price mistake?

On that different topic, I suggest you consider Achiles Mazda at Milton... I emailed them asking for a quote, it was the lowest, I arranged an appointment, walked in, Bill of Sale was singed in 20 mins, no deposit, no credit card needed, no BS...

Later on, when I picked up the car, I paid cash (approx. 85% of the total price on a bank draft, 15% on my credit card). Compared to other experiences, this one was painless and very efficient.

Realistically a deposit isn't needed. It's not like it a custom order. You choose from a handful of options that they will make lots of anyways. Even if you don't buy it, someone will.

Wha...? My wife and I bought a new car (Hyundai) 3 years ago and at no point before or during the negotiation did they ask for a credit card or other form of deposit. Her parents bought another car (Toyota) a year later and it didn't come up then either. If any dealer presumed to ask for money before we agreed on a price, I would leave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most places want to see if you are a serious buyer.
That is a power move showing them you mean business and that you know how the game is played before they said anything.

You can put a deposit of $500-$1000 and you write on the contract to be returned within 24 hours regardless of a sale or must be refunded upon you leaving the store.

It amazes me that with the power of the internet people don't speak openly.
e.g. I how much did you pay for a 2015 Honda Civic and from where?

There you go, the information will flood in.
You are not breaking any laws by posting what you paid for an item and from where unless you signed a non disclosure agreement.

Most places want to see if you are a serious buyer.
That is a power move showing them you mean business and that you know how the game is played before they said anything.

Yes, but... the game is not the same anymore! That's not the way you show that you "mean business" anymore.

You don' need a deposit anymore. See "Achilles Mazda of Milton" above. You can buy the car over email or online. No need to waste your time.

The power of the internet already changed the game like 10 years ago.

Price ranges for any vehicle in Canada are posted online, see www.carcostcanada.com www.unhaggle.com etc. or on the respective posting board. Most boards dedicated to a particular model have a thread with the actual prices, see this example:

Thread: "Mazda5: Prices paid and related questions"
http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123732328-Mazda5-Prices-paid-and-related-questions

Cheers!

Me

Yes, but... the game is not the same anymore! That's not the way you show that you "mean business" anymore.

You don' need a deposit anymore. See "Achilles Mazda of Milton" above. You can buy the car over email or online. No need to waste your time.

The power of the internet already changed the game like 10 years ago.

Price ranges for any vehicle in Canada are posted online, see www.carcostcanada.com www.unhaggle.com etc. or on the respective posting board. Most boards dedicated to a particular model have a thread with the actual prices, see this example:

Thread: "Mazda5: Prices paid and related questions"
http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123732328-Mazda5-Prices-paid-and-related-questions

Cheers!

Me

cool!
That's not been my experience in the past 2 years even up to a month ago when I went car shopping with a friend.

Well, told the dealer the purchase was completed and price on the invoice was paid. I'm done. Their last shot at the can was them saying they will pursue it in small claims court and that they have done so successfully in the past and it will cost the buyer more in the end, so I should reconsider and settle it now. If that were true they must make a lot of mistakes. lol We'll see what happens. I won't be buying another new Toyota from them or using them for any service.

Well, told the dealer the purchase was completed and price on the invoice was paid. I'm done. Their last shot at the can was them saying they will pursue it in small claims court and that they have done so successfully in the past and it will cost the buyer more in the end, so I should reconsider and settle it now. If that were true they must make a lot of mistakes. lol We'll see what happens. I won't be buying another new Toyota from them or using them for any service.

And how many man-hours are they going to use up? Bluff or stupid on their part IMO.

Unless they do this a lot. Lowball then go for the profit with threats of legal action. If they put their threat in writing it would be interesting reading in the court or car columns of the local newspaper.

"Yes your Honour. We sell the cars cheap to get sales and then sue the buyers after the fact to achieve our profit goals."

unless I missed it, why haven't you posted the dealers name so people can avoid these crooks

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk

We should all guess.

Let's just say, I personally will never be dealing with Richmond Hill Toyota. What anyone else does is their business.

Sad part is, I know someone that works there(not sales) and was looking forward to a good relationship with a dealer for the long term. I know others that will be looking for a vehicle in the near future too.

On that different topic, I suggest you consider Achiles Mazda at Milton... I emailed them asking for a quote, it was the lowest, I arranged an appointment, walked in, Bill of Sale was singed in 20 mins, no deposit, no credit card needed, no BS...

Later on, when I picked up the car, I paid cash (approx. 85% of the total price on a bank draft, 15% on my credit card). Compared to other experiences, this one was painless and very efficient.

The only time I ever produce a deposit is if the exact vehicle I want is on the lot and I want it held till I can come sign the deal.

My wife bought a car from VW they hadnt even been released yet (2015 Golf). We custom ordered it and they didn't want a deposit. Six months later they called us told us it was in and to come and test drive it. If we liked it we could sign the papers that day.

Hmm, the no leave deposit thing is new for me.

Next purchase, I will try the no deposit thing....

No one can force you to leave a deposit for something you had not agreed to. I've only ever left a deposit once we signed paperwork and the car was on the lot.

I hate some of these silly sales tactics some salesman use.

I can totally see a dealer refusing to sell you a car, on the lot or ordered, if you don't leave a deposit as soon as the deal is signed.

It's good to see some dealers are willing to deal without deposits though.

Sent from my Passport

What reason would there be for a deposit on a stock on the lot car really? If you don't take it at the negotiate time/day, it get's sold to the next person.

What reason would there be for a deposit on a stock on the lot car really? If you don't take it at the negotiate time/day, it get's sold to the next person.

The "next person" might want to buy the car 2 seconds after you leave without putting down a deposit.
Your deposit prohibits that action.
Without depsoits, we'd be ranting and raving how the dealership sold "MY" car.

I rarely buy cars "on the lot", but if I was serious about buying one on the lot, and really wanted it, I'd leave a deposit anyway. No big deal.

On the flip side, I did have a hassle with a M-B dealer about 6 months ago, when I ordered, and THEY reneged on the deal. Had to wait for a while to get my deposit back. Cockroaches. Ended up ordering from Victoria Star M-B in Kitchener. BEST M-B dealership on earth! recommend to all.

Just ordered a new Ford product, with a few options on it, and its not even born yet (6-8 weeks delivery), there is no way they would have taken this deal without me leaving a deposit....

The "next person" might want to buy the car 2 seconds after you leave without putting down a deposit.
Your deposit prohibits that action.
Without depsoits, we'd be ranting and raving how the dealership sold "MY" car.

No, I mean from the dealer's perspective. Yes, from the buyer's side a deposit is to hold the item. From the seller's point of view, same holds. Deposit=hold, no deposit=salable to anyone.

No, I mean from the dealer's perspective. Yes, from the buyer's side a deposit is to hold the item. From the seller's point of view, same holds. Deposit=hold, no deposit=salable to anyone.

Ok - here's the scenario I think you're getting at:
Joe Blow goes to the dealer. Picks out a unit, and says "I'll take it". Dealer doesn't ask for a deposit (in bizarro world). Dealer tells Joe the car will be ready "tomorrow".
Joe goes home.
Salesman sends car to service dept for PDI, clean up, whatever else they do.
Sales dept now has a bill from service dept for, let's say $550 for work done.
Next day. Salesman gets car back from service dept. Calls Joe to come pick up the car.
Joe says: "I've changed my mind, I bought a used car from Louie's Auto Sales".
Sales is stuck with the car they thought they just sold and a bill for $550.
(I realize the unit will sell later)

True enough. It works for both sides. For the dealer, they will sell the unit later and recover that cost. As a private seller, I'd recover it the same way. So it's up to the seller if they want to take a deposit.

The opposite can happen too. A seller takes a deposit on an item, but sells it to someone else and gives 1st buyer the deposit back. Original buyer is SOL. Didn't get the item, but got deposit back. Has happened to me before.

Back
Top Bottom