Where are you headed in 2015? | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Where are you headed in 2015?

Looking to do a Toronto to Cabot trail trip in August. Other than that, mostly just some rides around the Kawarthas and one up to Manitoulin island. Hoping to get a lot of weekend trips in this season!

This meteor impact site always caught my attention

Manicouagan-EO.JPG

Road going to it is actually pretty good, so I am headed there probably early in the season. I love colder early season runs. They have an extra layer of adventure feel.

Anyone know if it's true that this impact wasn't noticed until hydro quebec built a dam that flooded it? I'd heard that.

As to this summer the Squeeze and I are thinking about a lap of lake Michigan. Another ghost town / light house tour. She's already keen to ride the Macinac bridge again, which, frankly I thought was a bit spooky when when I was on the expanded metal lane seeing water 200 feet below.

A guys only near north weekend ride is planned. Hopefully vagrant camping rather than a provincial park.

With luck get the Wing back to Dragway park in St Thomas to beat last years 13.0 and finally be able to call it a 12 second bike....

Last edited:
Mid June going to Virginia via NY, PA and WV.
No interstates
No chain restaurants
No chain hotels

Consider #19 & 16 in WV. They meet just south of the new river gorge bridge. Each one could be a whole day of endless curves, up and down mountain sides. Literally not one straight mile. Of course it's depressed coal country so the view is lots of lush forest, run down towns, unpainted houses and single wides with neatly mowed lawns.

Also the NRG bridge is worth checking out. You can take a gnarly gravel switch back down into the gorge to cross the old bridge while getting a great view of what was for many years the world's longest steel single-span arch bridge.

If you're still feeling adventurous you can take another nearby gravel road out maybe 20kms to an abandoned coke refinery and ghost town.

Last edited:
This is the plan, let's see if the world agrees with me.

May and June: PA/WV
July = Toronto to Vancouver
August: Tail of the dragon
Sept: Back to Oz and and Gold and sunshine coast
Oct: Tasmania
Nov: NZ South Island

Tasmania. I'm jealous.

[video=youtube;nfc2qtOzeb0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfc2qtOzeb0[/video]

The usual PA NY rides. Maybe i'll head into SE Ohio as well. I'd like to get in a TN / NC ride.
I'm aiming for a trip to Salem and Sleepy Hollow in June

I've finally found a trip this year, but it's bloody expensive with the C$ sucking. I will however, do it since I want to see Earth.

edelweiss tour Best Of America Sep 10-20

will be awesome if anyone Canadian joins in

Or fly your bike to Vancouver for $650 - 10 Edelweiss trips :D

I've got a few 16 day trips planned around that treats

WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!! $5800 ?????????????????

We ship our bikes from Toronto to Vegas, ride through Utah, Colorado, Arizona and Nevada. 13 days riding from Sept. 20th to October 4th, 4300 Km, 11 National Parks, 8 State Parks, ............ $2700 all inclusive (each pays his own way) - did it last May and going back again in September with another group.

2 of my trips for 1 with Edelweiss

Sounds good. Not within my dates of vacation. Does that include hotels that are Marriott or better and all food? I won't stay at Motel De La Fleabag.

Not to be nitpicking, but does your tour also include the chore of getting your ride set up and shipped? To me this has to be charged at personal fee of my time I would like to know what your "inclusive" really means. Does your tour include a support van with all your clothes?

I think a good deal of paid tours is bike rental and insurance, do you cover insurance?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom