1/8 npt tap | GTAMotorcycle.com

1/8 npt tap

daught

Anyone have a 1/8 npt tap or know a place that would have them?

I bought a M-10 to M-10 and 1/8 npt T-tap for an oil pressure sender and the sender is not going in too easily. I want to make sure the adapter is good before I force the expensive sender.

Where are you located, and what are you using it on?

+1 on location. Built an oil tank couple years ago, good chance I have that tap.

Milton, but I can get it from anywhere.

I am using it on an aluminum pipe that threads in my audi 1.8T block.

National pipe thread there is one in all of the tap sets there as well. It is used in plumbing and many industrial type things like air lines, pressure guages etc. Should be with all the regular taps, this is a tapered fit as well so it will only go in a couple of threads before getting tight it needs some form or thread sealant either liquid or tape. Be careful if you use Teflon tape to avoid getting any on the bottom 2 threads.

sent from a device using a program

Also do not over torque or you will split the fitting.

I did not know it's tapered. That explains why it only went in a few threads. Still I think it should have gone in more than 4-5 threads, no?

I did not know it's tapered. That explains why it only went in a few threads. Still I think it should have gone in more than 4-5 threads, no?

Nope that's about it for 1/8"NPT. Even in 2"NPT you can only thread the fitting in maybe 2-3 rotations before it starts getting tight.

Thx, I appreciate it.

I will get some teflon tape and see how it goes in. I don't really like having a pressure sender hanging in a few threads.

There should only be about 10 lbs trying to push the sender out (diameter .405", pressure <60 psi). Useful thread length on 1/8" NPT is ~7 threads, if you are getting 4 or 5 in before you get to a wrench, you are in the ballpark (maybe even on the loose side).

I am worried about it weight wise not pressure wise. Surely it's oke, I'm just a bit paranoid.

Anyone know where I can get some M10 compression washers?

CT, napa, fastenal, brofasco dont know what those are

Last edited:
Williams fluid air in Scarborough. They are just a couple washer with a 10mm hole. CT might have a copper drain plug washer the right size

Oke one more q. I am looking for a staight M10 to 1/8 adapter. I am guessing some hydraulic/pneumatic store might have it.

The t-adapter I have ends up at a bad angle. No way I can rotate it 300 degrees to get it where I have space. A straight adapter would work for the test port... but the intake manifold has to come out :(

Williams will be the place to find that fitting or any hydraulic shop can order you one.

Oke one more q. I am looking for a staight M10 to 1/8 adapter. I am guessing some hydraulic/pneumatic store might have it.

The t-adapter I have ends up at a bad angle. No way I can rotate it 300 degrees to get it where I have space. A straight adapter would work for the test port... but the intake manifold has to come out :(

There's a Fluidline not far, 1155 Appleby Line - they'll have everything you need. It's not a cheap source, but they are your best bet to eliminate driving around.

If I were stuck in Milton (Who can get out now with the congestion) I'd go to Halton Automotive, they have a decent selection of hydraulic fittings etc, speak the language. True Metric Hydraulic fittings are rare, so they may not have what you need. If all you need is an adapter fitting with a metric thread, you should be OK.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom