1/8 npt tap | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

1/8 npt tap

Cool idea. My biggest concern is what keeps the sandwich from trying to spin every time you change filters? The gasket on top of the sandwich wont be happy if it moves every time you change a filter.

The last time I had to do something like this I bought a brass plug with the right size threads to fit the block and drillled and tapped the size I needed through the centre.

Hmmm Il get a few spare orings. My guess is I will tighten the plate more than the filter.

Hmmm Il get a few spare orings. My guess is I will tighten the plate more than the filter.

How much do you care how this looks? A screw clamp tightened around the connection between the sandwich plate and oil filter mount on the motor should keep it in place (but it would look hella ugly).

A proper NPT Thread should turn in by hand 2.5-3 times for a proper fit. (Plumber/steamfitter by trade) Been using NPT for a long time

A proper NPT Thread should turn in by hand 2.5-3 times for a proper fit. (Plumber/steamfitter by trade) Been using NPT for a long time

Unfortunatelt the thread I have to turn for proper alinment is M10. The 1/8npt is on the side.

I was in scarborough today to see a sandwich plate. The plate would have put my oil filter to close to my engine mount.

I googled a hydraulic shop and ended up at one called DCT. They knew their stuff. I got an adapter, a 45 elbow and a crimped hose in case my sender would not fit with the elbow. All for $50. So refreshing to find a place that knows it's stuff. Fluidline seemed good on the phone, but I went to DCT since I was in the area.

How much do tighten a 1/8 NPT fitting? The sender seems to be pretty soft metal. I did not tighten it much and it does not leak... yet?

Back
Top Bottom