need help changing a swingarm bracket! | GTAMotorcycle.com

need help changing a swingarm bracket!

Ramtin

sorry if i'm posting this twice but a bolt has broken in part#32036 on my ER6N..... tried taking it out and failed!
http://www.dealercostparts.com/page...ME_FITTINGS/-ER650EDS|~EU-2013/I17I1746F21311

now i have already ordered the OEM part... i'm about to change it but i'd like to know if anyone knows how this is done... i mean my biggest socket won't even fit this giant bolt!

anyone can help me with this? i'd pay for your time... i live in scarborough.

it's the left swing arm bracket

unnamed_zpsef060d16.jpg

Happy to help out, if I were closer.

Just buy the proper sized wrench or socket.

Happy to help out, if I were closer.

Just buy the proper sized wrench or socket.

thanks!
i'm really surprised cause my socket kit is a very big one. i can't believe biggest one won't fit lol
do you know if it's okay for me to just remove this bracket without a jack? bike is on rear stand at the moment.

Last edited:
With bike on center stand, remove the rear wheel.

then remove bracket

With bike on center stand, remove the rear wheel.

then remove bracket

damn it i have to remove the wheel? :S i don't even have a center stand.

Wait, thought it was the whole swing arm you wanted to remove.

Probably no need to remove rear wheel.

When on the center stand, is the front or the rear wheel resting on the ground?

Wait, thought it was the whole swing arm you wanted to remove.

Probably no need to remove rear wheel.

When on the center stand, is the front or the rear wheel resting on the ground?

Okay so yeah I'm not changing the whole swingarm
its just that bracket that footrests attaches to.. if you look at my original post, click on that link and see what part number I'm talkin about you'll see exactly what I mean. Really appreciate this

Without actually seeing it, I shouldn't be giving advice, as I'm not familiar with your bike.

just get a socket that fits to remove the bolt. Once the bracket is off, hopefully you'll be able to remove the broken part.

Good luck, sorry not to be helpful. Maybe someone else can.

Without actually seeing it, I shouldn't be giving advice, as I'm not familiar with your bike.

just get a socket that fits to remove the bolt. Once the bracket is off, hopefully you'll be able to remove the broken part.

Good luck, sorry not to be helpful. Maybe someone else can.

that's fine thank u
any help would be appreciated guys

That bolt looks to run through the swingarm to me... means you'd have to support under the engine to take the weight off the swingarm.
Pull that out without supporting it and the bike will be on the ground...

That bolt looks to run through the swingarm to me... means you'd have to support under the engine to take the weight off the swingarm.
Pull that out without supporting it and the bike will be on the ground...

this is what i was afraid of! *****! is there anyone that can help me with this? i'll pay for your time. or anyone knows a good place to buy a jack?

That looks like the nut side, only has to pull bolt so far or not at all. Might require wiggling and taking weight off.

this is what i was afraid of! *****! is there anyone that can help me with this? i'll pay for your time. or anyone knows a good place to buy a jack?

A car scissor jack may work, depending on what the bottom of your bike looks like.

you can also suspend the bike from the garage rafters. This will keep it from tipping over too.

lol so many different ideas. i'm ****ed! lol

Inreb is right. Take the nut off and leave the bolt.

I would still support under the bike. If the bracket is removed, the weight of the bike will be put all on the right side. Weight will shift & the swinger won't be aligned properly. Take the weight off the rear by supporting under the engine.

Inreb is right. Take the nut off and leave the bolt.

I would still support under the bike. If the bracket is removed, the weight of the bike will be put all on the right side. Weight will shift & the swinger won't be aligned properly. Take the weight off the rear by supporting under the engine.

this is starting to make sense now!

if you look at that center nut, all i have to do is remove it, ... then it's only the other two bottom and top smaller nuts (bottom one is a black one, top is silver) that i have to remove!
making sense now.

u guys need more detailed pics?

You've got the idea now. Measure the bolt in millimeters, and head to Canadian Tire for a socket.

You've got the idea now. Measure the bolt in millimeters, and head to Canadian Tire for a socket.

thanks guys. u've been helpful.

92015-1724NUT,FLANGED,20MM

Theres the part number from the link you provided.

Under "swingarm"

Its a swingarm nut for sure accoording to the fiche.

I would have expected bigger than 20mm.

Once the bracket comes off, that still leaves the "broken part" to remove. It sounds like it was a bolt head that sheared off, is that right?

if the bolt was so stuck that the head sheared off, it may not be easy to remove once that bracket is out of the way.

Back
Top Bottom