Paris Attack | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Paris Attack

All of it is pretty mindless, but I'm not sure I would trace a direct line between consumerist propaganda and religious bashing.

Ya, I know but to me it all seems to fall under the same umbrella: people creating and having the wherewithall to drive an agenda where they benefit to the detriment of others.

There's more context to this though:

The French have a very long history of the use of satire going all the way back to the french revolution. Years ago, before all these current problems, when I lived in Paris I used to watch a French TV program that used puppets to mock political and religious figures in a spoof news program. It's not just religion, anything is fair game and rightly so.

How strong is your religion if a caricature can damage it? The problem here is one of common sense.

tintin1.jpg

Yeah, Tintin au Congo. It's lumped in with the rest of the culturally-insensitive French(-speaking) culture.

I vaguely remember watching the Rabbi Jacob movies as a kid. Flew way over my sheltered Québécois head.

Probably a minority opinion here, but what the Hell. And no, I don't think any killing on this planet is justified, so spare the rhetoric there. I have so little sympathy for any of those involved on either side. I'm so sick of people dragging satire to an elevated point that it borders on hate-crime, and serves absolutely no purpose but to antagonize. Lazy, incompetent journalism is leagues above this drivel, and it is no shock to see extremists react this way. Think of it another way; even in the most basic example of schoolyard bullying, we see otherwise rational people react in any number of ways ranging from fighting back, depression, suicide, murder, you name it. Forget the extremists for a minute; how ostracized would this publication have made tens of thousands of people feel, to be constantly shat upon for their beliefs. **** Charlie Hebdo; hate-crimes thinly veiled under the cloak of free speech is weak and deplorable. People need to stop focusing on the Muslim component here; this has to do so much more with harassment than it does free speech. These dummies just happened to pick an enemy that actually sticks to their beliefs in full, and will fight to the death for them. Kinda like bringing a knife to a gun fight IMHO

Last edited:
Probably a minority opinion here, but what the Hell. And no, I don't think any killing on this planet is justified, so spare the rhetoric there. I have so little sympathy for any of those involved on either side. I'm so sick of people dragging satire to an elevated point that it borders on hate-crime, and serves absolutely no purpose but to antagonize. Lazy, incompetent journalism is leagues above this drivel, and it is no shock to see extremists react this way. Think of it another way; even in the most basic example of schoolyard bullying, we see otherwise rational people react in any number of ways ranging from fighting back, depression, suicide, murder, you name it. Forget the extremists for a minute; how ostracized would this publication have made tens of thousands of people feel, to be constantly shat upon for their beliefs. **** Charlie Hebdo; hate-crimes thinly veiled under the cloak of free speech is weak and deplorable. People need to stop focusing on the Muslim component here; this has to do so much more with harassment than it does free speech. This dummies just happened to pick an enemy that actually sticks to their beliefs in full, and will fight to the death for them. Kinda like bringing a knife to a gun fight IMHO

Then there's Assud, the Jew-eating Rabbit that the Pali's grew up watching...

There's more context to this though:

The French have a very long history of the use of satire going all the way back to the french revolution. Years ago, before all these current problems, when I lived in Paris I used to watch a French TV program that used puppets to mock political and religious figures in a spoof news program. It's not just religion, anything is fair game and rightly so.

How strong is your religion if a caricature can damage it? The problem here is one of common sense.

how do you explain this?

if the slander is not targeting a particular faith then why do this?
http://www.worldbulletin.net/world/152585/charlie-hebdo-fired-cartoonist-for-anti-semitism-in-2009

fyi,
http://www.worldbulletin.net/haber/152591/slain-muslim-police-becomes-the-symbol-of-paris-attack

Last edited:

Not sure I get what your point is? They fired him. There was a line and he crossed it according to whatever that line is for Charlie Hebdo. If you look at what they publish it satirises everything.

he pokes fun of a jew he gets fired because they crossed a line?... they attempt to humiliate and heavily insult one of the most important figures of a major faith.. and its free speech?

how come they never satire about the pope playing with lil boys?? too sensitive.. the pope is neither a prophet nor god... heck they absolutely never satire about the occupation of palestine.. apparently those who bring that to light are anti Semitic and are often stopped not just by the media but also many of our FAR MORE LIBERAL THAN THOSE DICTATORS governments.

i shed no tears for those who did such shameful things at charlie hebdo just those innocents who didn't... heck one of the two cops who died was a muslim

http://www.worldbulletin.net/haber/152591/slain-muslim-police-becomes-the-symbol-of-paris-attack

Last edited:
Heres a different angle to discuss: If it is an illegal hate crime to post anti-Semitic literature, (and I admit that I don't know if it is or not,) then shouldn't it also be the same for anti-Christian, and in this case, anti-Islamic literature?

Heres a different angle to discuss: If it is an illegal hate crime to post anti-Semitic literature, (and I admit that I don't know if it is or not,) then shouldn't it also be the same for anti-Christian, and in this case, anti-Islamic literature?

IT IS ILLEGAL TO SAY ANYTHING ANTI SEMITIC.. ESPECIALLY IF ITS THE TRUTH
my point exactly... stop calling it free speech.. its not.. its a calculated and targeted use of journalism for military(psychological warfare) purposes

Last edited:

I agree....at what point does satire become hatred......

You make fun of a black guy....racist...
You make fun of a Jewish guy....racist...
You make fun of a gay guy...bigot...
You make fun of a Muslim....nothing...

It's mind blowing how some people (i.e.: the two brothers in France) can take their agenda and hide it behind religion in order to have a 'cause' for what they are doing. Religion is used (has been and always will be) for deplorable actions by humanity against one another, and it will continue until people wake up and realize...this is NOT my religion....NOT what I stand for....and then stand up to their own and reject them. They need to be ostracized by their own kind in order to see that their cause will not have any support.

This isn't about free speech. People cling on to this explanation because it's simple, and easy to accept and understand.

The moment they make a law requireing a pictures of the occupation of palestine to be posted to balance such a sattire I will drop my objections... do you know why... because its not happening. ..

he pokes fun of a jew he gets fired because they crossed a line?... they attempt to humiliate and heavily insult one of the most important figures of a major faith.. and its free speech?

how come they never satire about the pope playing with lil boys?? too sensitive.. the pope is neither a prophet nor god... heck they absolutely never satire about the occupation of palestine.. apparently those who bring that to light are anti Semitic and are often stopped not just by the media but also many of our FAR MORE LIBERAL THAN THOSE DICTATORS governments.

i shed no tears for those who did such shameful things at charlie hebdo just those innocents who didn't... heck one of the two cops who died was a muslim

No, he continually seemed to only target one thing, that's what I was saying. I don't care if it's jews/muslims, catholics or whatever, the guy in your article seemed to have an agenda. The magazine exists to satirise everything, not to focus on one topic and try to push a hidden agenda.

If you don't like it, don't buy it. Like I said though, it's totally legal. I get offended every time I see a pic of Justin Bieber.....I'm not going to go all rambo because of it though.

Harassment of jews was legal during the nazi rule as long as it was IDENTIFICATION of the person..... occupation of Palestinian homes by israelis settlers is legal in israel. Even though the land is internationally recognized as palestine... just because a criminal activity has been legalized by corrupt politicians doesnt mean we must accept it and further justify it...

Last edited:
The moment they make a law requireing a pictures of the occupation of palestine to be posted to balance such a sattire I will drop my objections... do you know why... because its not happening. ..

That's an Israeli policy. Not jewish necessarily. I agree with your sentiments, but anti-jewish (anti-semitic) rants won't help. There's a need to tread a fine line along the political vs racist element. I think if you look at the cartoons what they satirise is the version of the religious head that fanatics seem to revere.

Anti occupation is not the same as anti jewish... judaism is a faith not a legal status..

It is funny how you jumped to anti-semitism when I pointed to israeli occupation.. you attempted to connect me with semitism

Recognizing genocide and hating a faith are two completely different things

Just like recognizing the holocaust is not hating the german nation.. its a recognition of fact

Back to the topic at hand...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom