What's the worst bike you've ever owned and why? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What's the worst bike you've ever owned and why?

Most of the things you mention were factory recalls. Once those were taken care of, it was a fantastically fun bike.
Loved the hell out of mine, until the young chick behind me couldn't spend the time to put her make up on at home. so she had to do it in her car.

TL1000S was a 10 for fun factor but about a 2 for durability. Cracked exhaust cans...cracked frame...engine issues...gas tank issues...etc.
About 6 Hondas after that and ZERO issues. BUT I DID LOVE THE TL...was my starter bike ;)

What the hell? How can too much engine be a negative?

I'll do this a different way. I haven't hated any bike I've owned so I will list the ones with small dislikes.

86 VFR750 Rotten stock suspension (but it never failed me)
92 GSXR1100 Footpegs too high, knee cramps. Too buzzy.
92 FZR1000 Pushed the front end with the wrong tire at full lean, weak clutch basket.
97 YZF750R Handling sucked at anything less than full race charge (but then was great), bottom end and midrange sucked.
06 Vstrom 1000 Liked the bike, don't like the look.
99 TL1000R too much engine heat through the frame at your inner thigh.
03 Volusia 800 Not enough power for me on the highway or with a passenger.

My worst bike was my most unique bike -- a diesel Royal Enfield.

It was still fun to ride, but not that fun because the top speed was about 75kph. Good thing it didn't go too fast though, because drum brakes front and back meant I could barely stop. It was easily out accelerated by most cars on the road.

It did get something like 280 miles to the gallon or something ridiculous like that, and absolutely everyone stopped to ask about it... but I was happy to get a real motorcycle after that one.

Send me wiki surging and ended at http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/17/46...ack-T800CDI-Diesel-Motorcycle-Quick-Ride.aspx
Soooo cooool

What the hell? How can too much engine be a negative?

I don't know what you're reading but nothing in what you quoted says anything had too much engine. The second last one says "too much engine HEAT" if that is the one you are referring to.

Ha ha ha. Oops. Jokes on me. LoL
I don't know what you're reading but nothing in what you quoted says anything had too much engine. The second last one says "too much engine HEAT" if that is the one you are referring to.

Worst bike I ever owned? That's easy 1987 honda cr500. That bike tried to kill me daily(if I could start it). Every friend I had wanted to try it, "sure, I'd say, IFyou can start it. 6 sets of handlebars, four rear fenders and a couple of silencers in 1 summer convinced me to sell it. Turns out a kx125 is a really fun bike. Lol
I actually bought that bike at 17, I was 6' tall and 160lbs, and to use in the woods... IDIOT!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Worst bike I ever owned? That's easy 1987 honda cr500. That bike tried to kill me daily(if I could start it). Every friend I had wanted to try it, "sure, I'd say, IFyou can start it. 6 sets of handlebars, four rear fenders and a couple of silencers in 1 summer convinced me to sell it. Turns out a kx125 is a really fun bike. Lol
I actually bought that bike at 17, I was 6' tall and 160lbs, and to use in the woods... IDIOT!

Get it just past TDC then put your foot on the starter and come down with all your weight and it'll start up in 1-2 kicks every time. My '91 CR500 was the same way and it had TONS of race kit and engine work done. I bought it at 17yrs old and I weighed 143lbs and could start it easily using that method. Funnest bike I ever had.

Honda Win 110cc. It was probably a fake Chinese knock off too.

The speedometer didn't work, the headlight switch fell off on my first ride, the stator coil needed replacing after the first 400km, the chain guard unceremoniously decided to part ways with the frame as I was pulling out of a gas station. She was heavily rear biased and had steering vibrations out the ***. She had a petcock for a reserve fuel tank but had no actual reserve fuel tank (this bit me in the ***).

Still, I loved her, and she got me through Vietnam in one piece... barely.

:'(

Get it just past TDC then put your foot on the starter and come down with all your weight and it'll start up in 1-2 kicks every time. My '91 CR500 was the same way and it had TONS of race kit and engine work done. I bought it at 17yrs old and I weighed 143lbs and could start it easily using that method. Funnest bike I ever had.

Yeah to be truthful, it was not the worst bike. Just the worst bike for what I wanted to do with it and the skill I had at the time. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My 2004 gixxer. Attracted a lot of unclean women! :|

Hands down my worst bike was a '92 Yamaha XT350.

Hard to start, leaked oil (dealer tried for months to fix it, blamed porous casting), buzzy, and utterly gutless.

I rode it for one year and traded it in for a '93 Suzuki DR350 (last year of the kick-starter). The DR was light-years ahead of the XT and gave me more smiles-per-mile than anything else I've ever owned.

Back
Top Bottom