What's the worst bike you've ever owned and why? | GTAMotorcycle.com

What's the worst bike you've ever owned and why?

-Maverick-

If I was to say I hated my brandX modelZ, there would be a bunch of guys who own one jumping all over to say their brandX modelZ never gives them a minutes trouble and they've never had a better bike. Soon the whole thing will end up in guys calling each other names, "I knew he was a troll all along..." and three mudslinging pages later it gets locked. They're all good bikes, even if they're not. Just remember that.

Every single bike that I've owned served its purpose ... even the ones that "aren't very good" when you look at the spec sheets.

TL1000S was a 10 for fun factor but about a 2 for durability. Cracked exhaust cans...cracked frame...engine issues...gas tank issues...etc.
About 6 Hondas after that and ZERO issues. BUT I DID LOVE THE TL...was my starter bike ;)

rotary engine Suzuki, gas mileage was terrible, hard to start, no mechanic wanted to touch it. It was stupidly complicated, with multiple cooling systems, dual points but one spark plug? It was horrible , then my cousin bought a rotary engine Norton....... the the Suzuki looked awesome.

Worst bikes are still better than none. Kinda like BJs.

TL1000S was a 10 for fun factor but about a 2 for durability. Cracked exhaust cans...cracked frame...engine issues...gas tank issues...etc.
About 6 Hondas after that and ZERO issues. BUT I DID LOVE THE TL...was my starter bike ;)

Really? I had a 97 and a 98. The 97 was extensively modified and both were ridden to extremes. Never a single problem with them. Sorry to hear you had a lemon because without problems they were a blast all the time.

1994 RF900R.
The bike was reliable and performed as designed.

It was no faster than a 92 GSXR750.
It was very buzzy.
It wasn't as comfortable as it seemed.
It did not handle great.
It bored me to tears.

I had a 97 RF900 it replaced a cm450 so it seems pretty fast at the time. Traded it for a ZX9 in 2000 crazy difference in power and handling.

sent from a device using a program

My worst bike was my most unique bike -- a diesel Royal Enfield.

It was still fun to ride, but not that fun because the top speed was about 75kph. Good thing it didn't go too fast though, because drum brakes front and back meant I could barely stop. It was easily out accelerated by most cars on the road.

It did get something like 280 miles to the gallon or something ridiculous like that, and absolutely everyone stopped to ask about it... but I was happy to get a real motorcycle after that one.

First bike was worst. 1973 Triumph 650 Bonneville. It didn't run right often, I didn't know how to fix. Bad combo. Honda CB750 made all that go away.

I had a love/hate relationship with a 1973 Bonneville as well. I learned to love locktite and there was no such thing as just going for a ride.

1997 Triumph Daytona T595. First year of the new model. It was very entertaining to ride... to wrench on it was unpleasant, expensive, and frequently necessary.

I never hated any of the bikes I had but the 1999 Honda Magna ****** me off big time with its tiny fuel tank and no gauge. It was the only bike that I've owned that I did not enjoy riding for that specific reason. Had to be on a constant lookout for gas stations. I would've been fine in the city but 90% of my mileage is done on the backroads.

1983 Suzuki GR650 - my first bike. Bought it off a friend of a friend. Bad mistake.
It had electrical gremlins that I could never resolve.
Alternator never worked properly, even after a rebuild. Every time I went out I would have to either boost it or bump-start it to get it going.
It did have a air adjustable front forks though.

90s Katana-over weight and under
powered. Plus it wasn't a visually appealing bike (to me).

1983 Suzuki GR650 - my first bike. Bought it off a friend of a friend. Bad mistake.
It had electrical gremlins that I could never resolve.
Alternator never worked properly, even after a rebuild. Every time I went out I would have to either boost it or bump-start it to get it going.
It did have a air adjustable front forks though.

Was it burgundy? Could be the one I sold off to a second hand dealer because it just stopped running altogether :)

Back
Top Bottom