Rc 390! | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Rc 390!

Everyone has different intention when buying a bike, and having a very narrow bike is not always good. In fact it is thin enough that I am in discussion with the salesman to withdraw my order.

Everyone has different intention when buying a bike, and having a very narrow bike is not always good. In fact it is thin enough that I am in discussion with the salesman to withdraw my order.

Wow. At least you had a look and saw it wasn't for you. I am actually getting my brother to get the Ninja 300. It looked really nice at the show..

Can you elaborate why is the narrowness of the bike making you cancel your order? Your money you choice ... But I am just genuinely curious, because I simply don't understand ...

Can you elaborate why is the narrowness of the bike making you cancel your order? Your money you choice ... But I am just genuinely curious, because I simply don't understand ...

because he feels it's like riding a mountain bike with a motor?????

Lol, serious?

My brother is looking to buy one and he wanted my opinion. we found a service manual and i went through it taking a closer look at the engine. its a oversquare big bore short stroke, short skirt slipper style piston much like a modern 4 stroke motocross bike. these specs that were posted further suggest it is very similar to a 4 stroke motocrosser, and for street use this worries me. You can relax the maintenance schedule some but its still gonna need much more attention then something like a ninja 300 and will likely be needing pistons every 6,000 -10,000 km's and bottom end rebuilds every 20,000 - 30,000. Really its hard to say because they are so new and no one seems to have put any amount of miles on them so theres no real world experience.

No big surprises.

BSB has put out their recommended maintenance for the race abused RC390 "based on lessons learned from ADAC"

- oil and filter after 1.5 hours run in
- oil and filter after a race weekend
- valve adjustment at 10 hours
- engine "refresh" at 45 hours

Why not? I have never heard of such argument. I have heard too wide bike giving trouble people with very short legs, but not usually the other way around.

I personally wouldn't like the feel of a skinny bike either. I find stuff that feels small rather awkward to even sit on let alone ride.

79718.jpg

Why not? I have never heard of such argument. I have heard too wide bike giving trouble people with very short legs, but not usually the other way around.

Cause it's hard to understand someone who was so enthralled and demonstrative against other opinions could flip so quickly just because it's too thin.

I personally wouldn't like the feel of a skinny bike either. I find stuff that feels small rather awkward to even sit on let alone ride.

79718.jpg

You make it sound like the bike is as skinny as bicycle .... It feels like a full size bike to me and other people who sit on it. Anyway, whatever ...

Cause it's hard to understand someone who was so enthralled and demonstrative against other opinions could flip so quickly just because it's too thin.

It never seize to amaze me what argument people try to make ... I am just trying to think of the manufacturers who are trying hard to impress the paying public, right?

This one for sure beats the "ugly lights" one for me .... LOL

You make it sound like the bike is as skinny as bicycle .... It feels like a full size bike to me and other people who sit on it. Anyway, whatever ...
To me it felt a little small is all I was getting at. Maybe for a bigger guy it would feel way to small. Was just a thought is all

I find a wider bike is easier to brace yourself with your knees when you brake or support your core. I still like a nice small bike though. My bike is used by 12 year olds for racing and I still rode it to Ottawa and back. But I'm only 5'10".

Last edited:
I saw it at the bike show and was pretty impressed by it. I will be keeping my eye out for a crashed one I think to turn into a track bike :) The guy at the booth said next year they were going to have a "R" model I think which was not going to be street legal and ready for the track.

I have my name down for one of these right now. True the lights are a bit wonky, but weight and size are huge pluses. Besides, the point isn't to sit staring at the lights, it's to ride that sucker!

I saw it at the bike show and was pretty impressed by it. I will be keeping my eye out for a crashed one I think to turn into a track bike :) The guy at the booth said next year they were going to have a "R" model I think which was not going to be street legal and ready for the track.

You can get in USA now if you have a MotoAmerica race licence. Best price is $9999 USF and you would need to import it as a competition motorcycle.

I stand corrected. KTM Canada now says that the Cup version of the bike is available in Canada now.

You can get in USA now if you have a MotoAmerica race licence. Best price is $9999 USF and you would need to import it as a competition motorcycle.

Back
Top Bottom