New Year - New Parking rules | GTAMotorcycle.com

New Year - New Parking rules

nobbie48

Site Supporter
Grabbing a quick coffee or dropping off a passenger just got really expensive with the new rules. I see it as mostly good but I'm wondering if common sense will be allowed.

If you are stopped in a no stopping zone because traffic isn't moving and a departing passenger takes advantage of the moment does one get a ticket?

If you legally enter an intersection where it appears that you have room to make it through and some twit makes a right turn, grabbing your intended spot do you get the ticket instead of the guy that didn't yield?

Apparently the rules also changed with regards to the parking ticket not being affixed to the vehicle. They just have to see you and you're nailed. How I'm not sure, possibly mail like the red light cameras.

Tow truck drivers are smiling.

I say it's a good step forward. Everyone is in such a rush and then they're able to just stop in to grab a coffee 'for a second' or to wait for a friend 'just around the corner' while the rest of the cars wait behind them. It just goes to show that everyone only thinks of their own time. I think they should even be more anal about ticketing and removing cars that block traffic during high traffic times.

As for being stuck in intersections, then yes there should be some discretion, but in my experience I rarely see anyone jump in line in front of someone else...typically it's the ********* that passes the crosswalk while light is amber and then blames everyone around him for honking for blocking a lane.

More reason to invest in a cheap dashcam, I recently got two G1WH for $40 each. All the events that you described: momentary stop for a passenger exit and a right-turner that fails to yield will be caught on on a forward facing dashcam.

Powerful comments from the Police regarding the Ford administration

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...on-illegal-rush-hour-parking/article22288949/

“This is the new normal,” said Constable Clint Stibbe of Toronto Police’s traffic services division.

Constable Stibbe said the reason police didn’t previously aggressively enforce the law is because of different policies emanating from City Hall.

“The previous administration focused more on revenue generation. This administration is focusing more on clearing the rush-hour routes,” he said.​

Last edited:
More reason to invest in a cheap dashcam, I recently got two G1WH for $40 each. All the events that you described: momentary stop for a passenger exit and a right-turner that fails to yield will be caught on on a forward facing dashcam.

Powerful comments from the Police regarding the Ford administration

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...on-illegal-rush-hour-parking/article22288949/

“This is the new normal,” said Constable Clint Stibbe of Toronto Police’s traffic services division.

Constable Stibbe said the reason police didn’t previously aggressively enforce the law is because of different policies emanating from City Hall.

“The previous administration focused more on revenue generation. This administration is focusing more on clearing the rush-hour routes,” he said.​

Clearing the routes will generate revenue.

add more 1 way streets and many of these problems are resolved and at certain times of the day, no left turns (unless emergency vehicles)
how stupid is it to allow a left turner and a right turner at the same intersection or along the same street
but wait it gets better
pedestrians will now cross the road and will keep crossing ignoring their own crossing light

so here we go

car turning left, can't go, oncoming traffic...car turning right, no go...pedestrians crossing
result--long line behind with no cars moving
brilliant system, glad these people went to school to learnz about trafiks managmunt sistemz

Honestly, I don't think half of the ppl that design and implement our roadways have a license or have driven a car.

Back
Top Bottom