West end riding clubs (+Milton HOG vs Brampton MA) | GTAMotorcycle.com

West end riding clubs (+Milton HOG vs Brampton MA)

Motorcycling is obviously very communal so after years of "flying solo" or just with friends I'd really like to join something organized. I live in Brampton and rode with the Brampton Motorcycle Association during their toy drive last year and loved it! I really like how well-regarded the BMA seems to be as well.

My wife and I ride Harleys (Softail for me, Sporty for her) and we're also looking at the Milton Harley Owners Group. I can't find much online about them from a "review" standpoint, but I know what that Harley kinship feels like and have to admit, I like it. We travel in the US a LOT and I think the possibility exists that we can latch onto other HOG events in our travels, so I think the broader reach of HOG offers that benefit over a regional club.

Ideally, we'd like to join both but with our frequent traveling that would mean splitting time between them when we're here, which I think would limit our involvement in either group. I'm wondering if people have experience with these (or other) groups and would love to hear your collective advice.

Thanks all.

A

I'm not much of a joiner but I met up with the Grand River (K-W) HOG Chapter two years ago, liked what I saw and joined. Really great people; no posers, just men and women who really enjoy riding, rides every week, with a few overnighters, plus social events throughout the year.
Best advice is take the plunge and join. If you find it's not your thing, nothing says you have to stay.

Motorcycling is obviously very communal so after years of "flying solo" or just with friends I'd really like to join something organized. I live in Brampton and rode with the Brampton Motorcycle Association during their toy drive last year and loved it! I really like how well-regarded the BMA seems to be as well.

My wife and I ride Harleys (Softail for me, Sporty for her) and we're also looking at the Milton Harley Owners Group. I can't find much online about them from a "review" standpoint, but I know what that Harley kinship feels like and have to admit, I like it. We travel in the US a LOT and I think the possibility exists that we can latch onto other HOG events in our travels, so I think the broader reach of HOG offers that benefit over a regional club.

Ideally, we'd like to join both but with our frequent traveling that would mean splitting time between them when we're here, which I think would limit our involvement in either group. I'm wondering if people have experience with these (or other) groups and would love to hear your collective advice.

Thanks all.

A

Why does it matter what Name is on the machine ? Its the People you want to socialize with, Not their Vehicles. why limit yourself to Harley groups,
anadianbiker says he's in a chapter really great people no poser,.

but not very accepting any bike not a Harley.

Harley clubs arent for Motorcycle enthusiants.
they are for Harley owners, they dont really like anyone else....lol

Last edited:
Why does it matter what Name is on the machine ? Its the People you want to socialize with, Not their Vehicles. why limit yourself to Harley groups,
anadianbiker says he's in a chapter really great people no poser,.

but not very accepting any bike not a Harley.

Harley clubs arent for Motorcycle enthusiants.
they are for Harley owners, they dont really like anyone else....lol

I get what you're saying and can appreciate where you're coming from. I didn't intend for the question to pit the openness of one to the brand-exclusivity of the other, but I suppose that was bound to happen. My wife and I happen to be Harley owners, so joining a HOG chapter wouldn't be a problem.

Whether or not one might agree with it, Harley, whether by way of merit or marketing, has built a certain brand loyalty and to some extent exclusivity that owners seemingly embrace. Sure anyone CAN own one, but some do... and others choose not to. Clubs are places where people share things they have in common. On a broader scale that is the love of motorcycling, but in HOG, that is narrowed to additionally include your specific ride. I see that as not a good thing or a bad thing, just a thing. And the fact that I HAVE a Harley means that Milton HOG is available to me, and ultimately the basis of my original question.

I get what you're saying and can appreciate where you're coming from. I didn't intend for the question to pit the openness of one to the brand-exclusivity of the other, but I suppose that was bound to happen. My wife and I happen to be Harley owners, so joining a HOG chapter wouldn't be a problem.

Whether or not one might agree with it, Harley, whether by way of merit or marketing, has built a certain brand loyalty and to some extent exclusivity that owners seemingly embrace. Sure anyone CAN own one, but some do... and others choose not to. Clubs are places where people share things they have in common. On a broader scale that is the love of motorcycling, but in HOG, that is narrowed to additionally include your specific ride. I see that as not a good thing or a bad thing, just a thing. And the fact that I HAVE a Harley means that Milton HOG is available to me, and ultimately the basis of my original question.

Nothing wrong with with this at all. I don't see any Chevy Aveo drivers trying to hang with the exotic car club drives.

I'm much worse than any Harley club. I don't measure you by what you ride. I measure your worth to ride with me against my own wonderfulness, and so far nobody can match up so I ride alone. :)

Haven't been in a club, but Canadian Motorcycle Cruisers says they are the biggest motorcycle association in Canada. They had a big setup at the motorcycle show recruiting members. They appear to be a purely social/riding club.

I live in Milton and see the Milton HOG folks around town, getting breakfast and entering/leaving town on bikes. They seem to be having a good time. I would think the International idea of HOG groups could be beneficial. Attend a couple initial meets/ rendezvous or whatever they call them and see if it clicks. As said above, you don't have to stay.

Maybe its just me. I seem to think that members of those clubs seem to thumb their noses at anyone else on a bike.

Hanging around with people like that would likely turn you into one yourself.
You might have a best friend that rides another bike, but he cant hang out with you

you could have a total ******* join, becasue he rides the same bike.
or have a great guy not allowed, becasue its not a specific type.

maybe its just me, i dont know.. I get the idea of specific clubs having fun IE corvettes, ferrari`s etc..

but for motorcycles it just sounds odd to segregate specific machines. Sport or cruiser.

not sport or cruiser or Harley.

Clubs like the Above is what I`d be after...

its the people that make Motorcycle clubs fun, not the Harley.

Maybe its just me. I seem to think that members of those clubs seem to thumb their noses at anyone else on a bike.

Hanging around with people like that would likely turn you into one yourself.
You might have a best friend that rides another bike, but he cant hang out with you

you could have a total ******* join, becasue he rides the same bike.
or have a great guy not allowed, becasue its not a specific type.

maybe its just me, i dont know.. I get the idea of specific clubs having fun IE corvettes, ferrari`s etc..

but for motorcycles it just sounds odd to segregate specific machines. Sport or cruiser.

not sport or cruiser or Harley.

your right, its just you

Clubs like the Above is what I`d be after...

its the people that make Motorcycle clubs fun, not the Harley.

i ride with the CMC they are all good folks.

Good to hear. I've been looking at them for a while. I like to ride alone, but recently I've been looking for other people and different routes.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

I don't doubt there will be good folks in all of the groups. This community is rich with them after all! ;)

Does anyone happen to have any direct experience with either of the groups I originally mentioned (Milton HOG and Brampton MA)?

Don't forget your leather vest with patches so you can be an individual like everyone else. :)

And you'll need to give yourself a silly nickname with some of these groups. And with time and faithful duty you can rise to the rank of Road Captain or Man at Arms or whatever else they have.

Last edited:
I don't doubt there will be good folks in all of the groups. This community is rich with them after all! ;)

Does anyone happen to have any direct experience with either of the groups I originally mentioned (Milton HOG and Brampton MA)?

I went on a ride with Milton Hog once, my friend is a member, I rode my Bandit 1200, nobody cared. Course I didn't get invited to join, but was told to "come again". Nice people, good ride, slow corners. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol, don't forget the bandana and highway wallet with a chain

Don't forget your leather vest with patches so you can be an individual like everyone else. :)

And you'll need to give yourself a silly nickname with some of these groups. And with time and faithful duty you can rise to the rank of Road Captain or Man at Arms or whatever else they have.

Back
Top Bottom