GIVI alternative sid cases for a 2013 ER6N??? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

GIVI alternative sid cases for a 2013 ER6N???

good tip
thank u

You're welcome. If you have any metal working skill you could even fabricate a couple of steel bars to use in each case, instead of washers, which would spread the load even more and make for a very secure mount.

!@#$%^&*()_+

Last edited:
You're welcome. If you have any metal working skill you could even fabricate a couple of steel bars to use in each case, instead of washers, which would spread the load even more and make for a very secure mount.

2nd that. I used 1/4" thick aluminum flat bar inside with counter sunk machine type screws. 1/4" (4 per case) grade 2 is plenty strong.

FYI: it looks like Hepco and Becker have pannier racks listed for 2009+ ER6N models. Their bags are quite a bit more expensive than the Givis though, so that probably doesn't help you much unless there are cheaper bags that are compatible with H&B mounts.

FYI: it looks like Hepco and Becker have pannier racks listed for 2009+ ER6N models. Their bags are quite a bit more expensive than the Givis though, so that probably doesn't help you much unless there are cheaper bags that are compatible with H&B mounts.
2009 - 2011 only
2012 they did a major redesign on that bike

I see. I was looking at the UK site which seems to be out of date. The German H&B site and their US distributor do have a rack listed for 2012+ models, but it is still a lot more expensive and it sounds like you've got the GIVI rack ordered anyway.

If you want to go the Pelican/etc route instead of the V35 on the GIVI rack, you might want to check out Caribou Case's DIY kits. If you don't want to bolt the bags directly to the rack, they'll allow you to retain the quick connect/disconnect feature with whatever generic bag you choose. They are a bit pricey, but it's nice to be able to snap the bags off and take them into the motel with you

edit: maybe that's not useful either. For some reason the DIY kits also seem to be bike specific, even though they are just the bag side of the mount which I thought was standard for all Monokey bags

double edit: nope, the DIY kits won't help at all. They're for the old style Monokey bags, which were all compatible with each other. I didn't realize that GIVI introduced an incompatible mounting system under the Monokey name. I thought you were restricted to the V35 because of the shape of the bag or something, not the mounting pattern.

Last edited:
I see. I was looking at the UK site which seems to be out of date. The German H&B site and their US distributor do have a rack listed for 2012+ models, but it is still a lot more expensive and it sounds like you've got the GIVI rack ordered anyway.

If you want to go the Pelican/etc route instead of the V35 on the GIVI rack, you might want to check out Caribou Case's DIY kits. If you don't want to bolt the bags directly to the rack, they'll allow you to retain the quick connect/disconnect feature with whatever generic bag you choose. They are a bit pricey, but it's nice to be able to snap the bags off and take them into the motel with you

edit: maybe that's not useful either. For some reason the DIY kits also seem to be bike specific, even though they are just the bag side of the mount which I thought was standard for all Monokey bags

double edit: nope, the DIY kits won't help at all. They're for the old style Monokey bags, which were all compatible with each other. I didn't realize that GIVI introduced an incompatible mounting system under the Monokey name. I thought you were restricted to the V35 because of the shape of the bag or something, not the mounting pattern.

If I see it's a hassle to install a quick release myself I'll just buy the v35. I don't want a stupid permanent case bolted there. I wanna be able to release and take my lauggage wih me lol.

Given the complex curved back of the V35 case and PLX rack, it might be bit tricky to even bolt on a flat backed case easily

Given the complex curved back of the V35 case and PLX rack, it might be bit tricky to even bolt on a flat backed case easily

i think we have come to a conclusion that it's better to pay the price and get a proper set of V35s! lol

i think we have come to a conclusion that it's better to pay the price and get a proper set of V35s! lol

If you want them to be removable, then yup ;)

You can also use the V35 cases to improve your visibility. Admore Lighting makes marker/signal light kits that replace the simple reflectors on the V35 bags. They're carried by both Twisted Throttle and A Viscous Cycle, if I remember correctly. Here's what they look like in operation (I also hacked together a brake light for my top box).

[video=youtube;g2mWMTXsv6M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2mWMTXsv6M[/video]

Back
Top Bottom