GIVI alternative sid cases for a 2013 ER6N??? | GTAMotorcycle.com

GIVI alternative sid cases for a 2013 ER6N???

Ramtin

hi guys
does anyone know anyone else beside GIVI who makes side cases for a ER6N (2012+)

been trying to find an alternative for a year now and no luck.

Why not GIVI? They are a quality product.
You could just buy bike specific racks and attach other boxes. I use SW-motech racks with army surplus ammo cans. I'm changing to pelican cases next year.

Why not GIVI? They are a quality product.
You could just buy bike specific racks and attach other boxes. I use SW-motech racks with army surplus ammo cans. I'm changing to pelican cases next year.

i'd LOVE to use some other bags. the only compatible GIVI with a 2012 ER6N is the monokey V35... the whole setup costs 850 bucks BEFORE tax... and i hate to pay that much money for something that i think is ugly as ****! that's my problem with GIVI and this bike.
if at least other models of GIVI were available for my bike i wouldn't mind paying. i just hate to pay for something that i don't truly appreciate. i don't know call me stupid but i'm open to suggestions!

Can you use generic soft cases, or is the exhaust in the way?

The exhaust is on the bottom, with the ER, so it's not an issue. The back is pretty wide open though, so getting them sucked into the rear wheel is more of a possibility. There's a SW Mototech soft saddlebag setup that has bars to avoid that: http://www.twistedthrottle.com/sw-m...e-sport-saddlebag-system-kawasaki-er-6-n-f-12

OP, you might want to check out the 650R specific forum at Riderforums.com and see what people are doing. There are differences between the tails on North American and European ERs, that might cause issues with some setups. Specifically I believe that the NA tails don't have the cut-outs that are used by some top box rigs, including Givi.

i need hard cases not soft cases.
looks like GIVI might the only choice here.. it sucks! i love this bike for long distance touring but not lots of options for touring.. whatever! i'll check that forum thanks guys

Last edited:
I've got side cases off of a 2003 caponord you could buy for a very reasonable price, you'd have to fabricate the brackets obviously.

See this thread for pictures of similar cases. http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/...Aprilia-ETV1000-CapoNord-Side-Bags-and-Mounts

I reinforced the latches with aluminum checker plate, otherwise they are quite similar

gonna say it again,
the ONLY bracket for the ER6N is compatible ONLY with GIVI V35 cases.. that's it! nothing more. the Kappa as well but it's the same it's a V35 with same pricing just different brand.

gonna say it again,
the ONLY bracket for the ER6N is compatible ONLY with GIVI V35 cases.. that's it! nothing more. the Kappa as well but it's the same it's a V35 with same pricing just different brand.

That's why I said fabricate, not buy. Bending/welding up a few pieces of pipe is well within the capabilities of many members on this forum (whether it's worth the time and effort, that's up to each person to decide).

That's why I said fabricate, not buy. Bending/welding up a few pieces of pipe is well within the capabilities of many members on this forum (whether it's worth the time and effort, that's up to each person to decide).

i'd prefer to pay and skip the hassle myself.

i need hard cases not soft cases.
looks like GIVI might the only choice here.. it sucks! i love this bike for long distance touring but not lots of options for touring.. whatever! i'll check that forum thanks guys

Your original post said 'side cases', so I offered the only price conscious option I was aware of. You won't regret the V35 cases, once you actually have them.

Q5280086.JPG

Your original post said 'side cases', so I offered the only price conscious option I was aware of. You won't regret the V35 cases, once you actually have them.

Q5280086.JPG

oh i'm sure i won't regret it.. just was wondering if there are other cheaper options but guess not! lol

thanks.

oh i'm sure i won't regret it.. just was wondering if there are other cheaper options but guess not! lol

thanks.

Here's the best way to handle the crazy price of Givi luggage, buy the bags used and the racks from your local bike shop. Bags go up somewhat regularly, just email everyone selling a bike with bags and see if they'll part them out. My V35's cost me about $180 and my E52 cost me $150. Racks are much harder to find as they're bike specific, give in and spend the money. Of course a week after you pay full retail someone will sell a barely used set for half the price.

On the positive side, once you use hard bags, you can't even imagine touring with soft luggage again. Same thing with heated gear.

Some things are just worth the money, especially in hindsight.

Here's the best way to handle the crazy price of Givi luggage, buy the bags used and the racks from your local bike shop. Bags go up somewhat regularly, just email everyone selling a bike with bags and see if they'll part them out. My V35's cost me about $180 and my E52 cost me $150. Racks are much harder to find as they're bike specific, give in and spend the money. Of course a week after you pay full retail someone will sell a barely used set for half the price.

On the positive side, once you use hard bags, you can't even imagine touring with soft luggage again. Same thing with heated gear.

Some things are just worth the money, especially in hindsight.

Thats actually what what I decided. Gonna get the bracket from aviciouscycle and hen worry about the V35s on kijji or ebay

Thanks!

S&W Mototech racks.....much more attractive than Givis, and super easy to remove with 1/4 turn fasteners when you don't want them on the bike, leaving almost no trace of themselves.
Pelican cases.....cheap alternative to Pelican is Seahorse.
Although I like alloy ones like Trax, they are very pricey, and less resilient to tipovers. Pelicans stay watertight even when submersed in a creek with a jeep parked on top of them.

S&W Mototech racks.....much more attractive than Givis, and super easy to remove with 1/4 turn fasteners when you don't want them on the bike, leaving almost no trace of themselves.
Pelican cases.....cheap alternative to Pelican is Seahorse.
Although I like alloy ones like Trax, they are very pricey, and less resilient to tipovers. Pelicans stay watertight even when submersed in a creek with a jeep parked on top of them.

pelican makes cases for bikes too? or are we talking about modifying it? if so do they even make one for the ER6N? i bet not.
i'll check seahorse out but i'm almost 100% sure they don't make anything for ER6N

Last edited:
pelican makes cases for bikes too? or are we talking about modifying it? if so do they even make one for the ER6N? i bet not.
i'll check seahorse out but i'm almost 100% sure they don't make anything for ER6N

Pelican doesn't make motorcycle cases but it's fairly common for people to modify them, by drilling their bases so that they can be mounted to common luggage racks.

Pelican doesn't make motorcycle cases but it's fairly common for people to modify them, by drilling their bases so that they can be mounted to common luggage racks.

that's a great idea i think i'll think about doing that on my GIVI bracket. i'm ordering one right now and work aorund that givi side rack and see what i can fit on it!

that's a great idea i think i'll think about doing that on my GIVI bracket. i'm ordering one right now and work aorund that givi side rack and see what i can fit on it!

If you do go this way make sure that you use large washers, to spread the load from the mount across a wider area of the case's plastic, and seal any holes you make with silicone.

Back
Top Bottom