SOAR & RACE make big announcement at motorcycle supershow !? | GTAMotorcycle.com

SOAR & RACE make big announcement at motorcycle supershow !?

boyoboy

According to the SOAR website there is to be a BIG combined RACE/SOAR announcement at the supershow. So big an announcement that SOAR says the announcement alone is worth the price of admission.

I didnt go the the bike show, can anyone fill me in?

I know what it is but I'm not stealing anyone's thunder. It is A Very Good Thing.

I think it is up to SOAR and Race to make the announcement.

It is a good thing for everyone.

I just might look at their websites for clues. It's worked in the past. You don't know until you try. Nothing ventured nothing gained.

Sounds good but I hope it is organized reasonably well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some sort of "End of year combined championship for soar and race"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since classes were still being discussed this afternoon I think it will be announced later.

I hope it's thunderous, per hint.

First rule of Soar/Race club is you don't speak about Soar/Race club

Tell ya tomorrow I am tired tonight ;) Shoulda come to the show and watched the stage. Or asked :)

Ok got some sleep.
Whats happening is starting this year. RACE and SOAR will be running the same classes, rules, points etc. Each series will be operating their own series as usual the new part is the addition of a Ontario-Quebec provincial championship. It simply works the same as WERA or CCS where there are districts. SOAR will be Ontario west and RACE is Ontario east. We have a connection with ASM (Quebec) however in 2015 they are not ready to resume regional racing therefore RACE will be marketing and including the QC riders in their program.
Simply the way it will work is a rider will be racing their usual program and gathering championship points along the way. There will be a "magic number" TBD that will get that rider an invite to the Championship Runoff weekend. Where the points after being used to grid the qualifier then will be zeroed and winner takes all for the series and class championships.
Over the weekend we nailed down the rulebook revisions with a few minor details to be done likely by weeks end.
The highlights:
RACE will be running all SOAR classes (this shouldnt interrupt the RACE program too much as we are incorporating some aspects of masters and 250 into our program)
SOAR riders will be converted to Pro and AM in concept for 2015 on licenses by 2016 (they were already printed)
First years final will be held at Shannonville date TBD then will revolve subsiquent years .
If a rider is on the bubble and say misses/crashes/breaks etc that rider will be able to visit the other series and steal some points adding to their total.
Points schedule for both orgs will be changing and paying points much deeper in the field.
Addition of a Lightweight Superbike/Production class (name will be decided later)

It took hours between Chris Chappelle, Michelle Tennier from RACE as well as myself to iron out the rulebook. What ensued was basically modifying SOAR rules to incorporate some RACE aspects. I speak to Jean Gautier (RACE and Shannonville owner) both on the phone and by email several times a week from his winter home in FL and can attest that he is 100% in favour and supporting this change since our meeting when I pitched it last July. Our goal is to sort the teething problems this season then take it national for 2016 incorporating all the regionals across the country building a series that should be a boost to the sport and hopefully end the fracturing of our sport. Give potential sponsors approaching 100 event dates across the nation for exposure in one series. In turn more money that benefits the racers in strong venues that can afford upgrades and race payouts. There are many regionals that struggle ARL (Halifax), Gimli (Manitoba), Mission (BC) and more recently Shannonville. This should hopefully be an avenue to allow sustainability and more importantly growth in the sport.
It is our combined feeling and I am sure yours as well that road racing is and has been in serious decline right across the country for years. We can not just continue with business as usual year after year and hope that something changes. While i do not have a crystal ball and cant say that this is a viable solution but it works other places and IMO is an attainable way to change the sport in a positive way moving forward.

Back
Top Bottom