SOAR & RACE make big announcement at motorcycle supershow !? | Page 9 | GTAMotorcycle.com

SOAR & RACE make big announcement at motorcycle supershow !?

Hello, its' Michelle Tennier, marketing director/public relations for RACE. 2015 is going to be an exciting great year for road racing in Ontario. Change is happening in a positive direction for RACE and SOAR. Questions with concerns have been noted and confirmation of details will be occurring on January 12, 2015. A meeting with Ken, Chris and myself to finalize the details of the rule book is scheduled. The industry is moving in the right direction. Thank you for all your patience, support and contribution to the sport.

Michelle :)

hi, yes, this is all good. not quite the full RACE/SOAR series amalgamation i was hoping to see...but all good.

when you folks get the details sorted out for the classes, please let us know with a post here.

looking forward to 2015!

Hello, its' Michelle Tennier, marketing director/public relations for RACE. 2015 is going to be an exciting great year for road racing in Ontario. Change is happening in a positive direction for RACE and SOAR. Questions with concerns have been noted and confirmation of details will be occurring on January 12, 2015. A meeting with Ken, Chris and myself to finalize the details of the rule book is scheduled. The industry is moving in the right direction. Thank you for all your patience, support and contribution to the sport.

Michelle
icon_smile.gif

This is good news. It's the sort of thing that I've been saying, for several years now, is needed if motorcycle road racing in Canada is to be saved. Hopefully it will succeed and grow.

My press creds request will be sent in shortly, as it has been for years now :)

Geesh, might have to dust off the old 05 R6 and bring her out to play..........where's the +50 class LOL.............I've not started knitting yet so would be fun to come out to play here and there between tracking the car and golf.

So just curious, what classes could an Aprilia RS250 compete in? I am assuming Formula 2 light would be its class since its a street based two stroke but what else would it be eligible to run in? Are there many bikes on the grid in Formula 2?

At SOAR, I believe that would be Formula Two Stroke. It is a small class that has typically run on track together with Vintage. There is no light/heavy; not enough bikes to warrant it. I know it's in the rulebook, but it hasn't happened.

If it is originally a street bike it can be entered in 600 Extreme, but it won't be even close to competitive. If it's more than 12 years old, it can go in Lost Era Lightweight. It can go in Rookie if the rider can. It can go in Old Boys if the rider can. It can go in Femme if the rider can :)

I know it has two cylinders, but the "twins" classes are for 4-strokes.

If you want a lot of track time, it's not exactly the best choice. But I only enter one class (vintage) with my bike ... at this point, I'm content with that ...

So just curious, what classes could an Aprilia RS250 compete in? I am assuming Formula 2 light would be its class since its a street based two stroke but what else would it be eligible to run in? Are there many bikes on the grid in Formula 2?

Uhmm,,, I know some people that know some people:cool: When that bike was run in the AMA Aprillia Cup ,,that, uhmm made them pretty fast. The right two stroke rider and the right ,,"adjustments" that bike can be pretty fast. Just saying,,,"so I was told"

Just a quick update guys. Sorry for the delay I came down with what is best described as the plague and had to cancel my Jan 12 meeting with RACE to sort the few sticking points out. So unfortunately that left emails to sort it out taking a bit longer. What I can tell you is we have sorted 600, LE, Form 2 Stroke, License classes, Points, and the "magic" number to get the invite to championship.
So what I can tell you is LE will remain 12 year old bikes, Form 2 stroke will be eliminated mostly due to poor entry numbers bikes will be incorporated into other classes if we start seeing bigger numbers it can be reinstated at a later date, SOAR will start using Pro and AM, not enough room to post whole point structure but will favour the winners and pay much deeper into the field including qualifiers down to 5th, The magic number will be 95. A rider can get an invite to the championship with points from one class then can enter other finals but MUST have done at least one race in that class during the season.
What we are still working on is Old Boys and Lightweight Production/Superbike. Hope to figure it out in the next day or two then I can type it up and get the official books released.We are discussing things like purse money and when the finals will be held. Hope this helps we are trying as quick as possible. Lots to consider here. Please be patient.
There are always going to be wringer bikes in any class but we will attempt to equalize them as much as possible.

Thanks for keeping us in the know.

Just a quick update guys. Sorry for the delay I came down with what is best described as the plague and had to cancel my Jan 12 meeting with RACE to sort the few sticking points out. So unfortunately that left emails to sort it out taking a bit longer. What I can tell you is we have sorted 600, LE, Form 2 Stroke, License classes, Points, and the "magic" number to get the invite to championship.
So what I can tell you is LE will remain 12 year old bikes, Form 2 stroke will be eliminated mostly due to poor entry numbers bikes will be incorporated into other classes if we start seeing bigger numbers it can be reinstated at a later date, SOAR will start using Pro and AM, not enough room to post whole point structure but will favour the winners and pay much deeper into the field including qualifiers down to 5th, The magic number will be 95. A rider can get an invite to the championship with points from one class then can enter other finals but MUST have done at least one race in that class during the season.
What we are still working on is Old Boys and Lightweight Production/Superbike. Hope to figure it out in the next day or two then I can type it up and get the official books released.We are discussing things like purse money and when the finals will be held. Hope this helps we are trying as quick as possible. Lots to consider here. Please be patient.
There are always going to be wringer bikes in any class but we will attempt to equalize them as much as possible.

so for SOAR old boys, its 600cc max??? race has no limit for open. hope something can be blended in there. Thanks.

so for SOAR old boys, its 600cc max??? race has no limit for open. hope something can be blended in there. Thanks.

Old rule was 600cc max unless lost era legal

Old rule was 600cc max unless lost era legal

AHH GOTCHA so my 1998ish R1 is ok for obc. cool. might be able to do 3 races and endurance. gonna have to get off the couch and work out. thats alot of riding.

i think your bike would be awesome in lwt sportsman/prod'n (whatever the class will be called). last years lwt sportsman championship winner was a honda ascot 500! you be competitive.

i think your bike would be awesome in lwt sportsman/prod'n (whatever the class will be called). last years lwt sportsman championship winner was a honda ascot 500! you be competitive.

Thanks I am not sure how much time I will have for racing, I am for sure going to try and piggyback on the Soar practice days this year. Assuming they are still going to allow none Soar racers to use the track that day as they did last year. I did not get much of a shake down on the Aprilias last season before well we ran out of season.

As far as being competitive I think the bike is far more competitive then me currently so that isn't really an issue :) Would be nice to know there is a class that I could race in though when I get up to speed.

Just making sure I've got this right before I buy another bike. RACE's Sportsman classes are going to Lost Era rules so the bike has to be 12 years old. I've found a 03 750 gsxr that should be allowed in because the 750 was the same from 99-03. Correct ?

Just realized this bike would be ok anyway, forgot we're now in 2015. Duh.

Last edited:
Just making sure I've got this right before I buy another bike. RACE's Sportsman classes are going to Lost Era rules so the bike has to be 12 years old. I've found a 03 750 gsxr that should be allowed in because the 750 was the same from 99-03. Correct ?

Just realized this bike would be ok anyway, forgot we're now in 2015. Duh.

Yep bike would be legal for lost era heavyweight

Quick update. The rulebook is done. Copy sent to RACE beginning of this week for them to personalize. Michelle is out of town, it will be posted Friday or Saturday on the site. Also 2014 SOAR Banquet and Awards to be held again at the Irish Hall March 7th, 2015 details to follow shortly.

Back
Top Bottom