Buying a bike that was purchased from Police Auction | GTAMotorcycle.com

Buying a bike that was purchased from Police Auction

morefyah

Hello,

I have the opportunity to buy a 2009 r6 bike that was purchased from a police auction/ auto theft recovery. The vin sticker and vin number have been scratched off the neck of the frame. However, there is a gold plated patch with a vin number on it that is screwed into the frame. The seller said he will provide a carfax police report and the bike resides at a legitimate auto shop.

The bike is extremely clean, not a scratch on it. Started once the battery had a charge. (Most likely I will need a new battery) but other than that, no signs of damage anywhere and under 9000 km. Should I be concerned?

Thanks in advance

You need a good deal on that. Pedigree is very important in the motor sports world. This isn't the Bronx or Hells Kitchen.

A buddy of mine picked up a nice 1098 at a police auction for about $6K .... A couple of small easily fixed cosmetic issues , but a smoking good deal imho ...
Cheers , Les

Sent from my SM-N900W8

Thanks Les. I'm having a tough time deciding because like your friend he found a great deal and this R6 that I'm looking at is in prestige condition; not a scratch on it. I do plan on keeping it for a while but like the others have mentioned, should I decide to sell it, how tough would it be to resell?

Thanks Les. I'm having a tough time deciding because like your friend he found a great deal and this R6 that I'm looking at is in prestige condition; not a scratch on it. I do plan on keeping it for a while but like the others have mentioned, should I decide to sell it, how tough would it be to resell?

That's the thing...you might get it dirt cheap, but you're also gonna have to sell it dirt cheap

That's the thing...you might get it dirt cheap, but you're also gonna have to sell it dirt cheap

09 R6 with 8200km and they are accepting $6700. Is that a good deal for a theft recovery? Keep in mind I saw the bike in person and it looks like it just came out of a show room, started right away and has all keys, red and black keys that comes with the bike.

09 R6 with 8200km and they are accepting $6700. Is that a good deal for a theft recovery? Keep in mind I saw the bike in person and it looks like it just came out of a show room, started right away and has all keys, red and black keys that comes with the bike.

Well considering you can buy one on kijiji for ~$8000 that isn't a sketchy theft recovery I would say no

I would aim for $5000 for this bike... BTW the new redesigned R6 will be out in 2016. So you might want to keep that in mind as well, heard it's going to be quite a lot more modern that it is now.

Back
Top Bottom