Supershow - Jan 2-4 , is it worth attending? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Supershow - Jan 2-4 , is it worth attending?

lucky guess...best two out of three..

exam2.jpg

Purple. Squared.

Heading over there shortly. I am on a mission ... renew SOAR and VRRA licenses, shop for new boots, shop for new leathers.

Question. Is the GTA one of the most densely populated areas of Canada? Will any of the much anticipated exciting new bikes (H2, RC390) be on display?

Can someone answer the latter question for reals? I might be persuaded to go if I can gaze longingly at an H2 in person

Can someone answer the latter question for reals? I might be persuaded to go if I can gaze longingly at an H2 in person

It was absent at the Kawasaki booth at 10am this morning. I wouldn't hold my breath that they just hadn't loaded it in yet the booth looked pretty complete.

Maybe there will be no love...could be this ^^^
Heading there his afternoon ;)

Haters gonna hate, I guess.
Enjoy!

Got there for noon. It was crowded at the entrances (think they were delaying entry for a couple of minutes or something). It was relatively ok for the first 10 minutes but then it got super crowded. Nothing too much to speak of, some decent deals; picked up some textiles from GP. Not much luck for tires though; Speedworx Tire prices are out to lunch -- and they have the "best prices" they say. I was not impressed.

No H2 or H2R in the Kawasaki this year, I talk to one of the guys there on Thursday when we were setting up & unfortunately Kawasaki couldn't get the bike shipped on time for this show!

H2 and H2R would have been there but for a shipping glitch. Probably heads will roll.

No MVs either. Of all the bikes I wanted to see a Rivale was #1.

They have 'demonstrator' bikes with thousands of miles on them. Any opinions? Good savings to be had or subjects of abuse?

(I ask as the bike I want is there at a good price but with 6 or 7000 dealer miles on the clock. That is a lot of use: staff borrowing it for weekend joyrides?)

Last edited:
Tried to go today at 1pm - no where to park. Hundreds of cars roaming, not one spot. wtf, seriously - So many double parked pickups. I hope they were towed. I was going to buy stuff too.

They have 'demonstrator' bikes with thousands of miles on them. Any opinions? Good savings to be had or subjects of abuse?

(I ask as the bike I want is there at a good price but with 6 or 7000 dealer miles on the clock. That is a lot of use: staff borrowing it for weekend joyrides?)

Meh, I don't know. Unless it's a significant discount then I'd probably pass. The few "demonstrators" I saw had scratches all them and tons of mileage and the prices weren't that great; brand new bikes of the same were going for a grand more or so.

Tried to go today at 1pm - no where to park. Hundreds of cars roaming, not one spot. wtf, seriously - So many double parked pickups. I hope they were towed. I was going to buy stuff too.

I went and it was packed. Great show loaded with all kinds of bikes. Easily 2x the size of the show I saw 25 years ago. I parked at the old Domtar building off Northwest. International centre parking was jammed and I didn't want to wait. Very successful show that took me 3 hours to sift through everything. Motorcycle industry is bigger and better than ever IMO. Got some decent deals on bike stuff. Really fun despite the crowd.

Heading over there shortly. I am on a mission ... renew SOAR and VRRA licenses, shop for new boots, shop for new leathers.

Just got back ... broke my debit card. There is no H2/H2R, but there is a 390 Duke tucked away in the GP Bikes booth ...

It was the first time I had gone in the evening. Parking was easy, and the crowd was light. Also felt like there were a few less vendors and clubs this season. No shammy or hunting knife demos either.

As for deals, I did not really see any for what I was looking for (Astars boots, Suomy or Shoei helmets) except for some Shoei's at the Daytona Motor Sports tent, and another vendor ( I don't remember the name) which was selling older RF-1100s in mostly XS or XL+ sizes.

GP Bikes had 20% off all A-star boots.

Just got back ... broke my debit card. There is no H2/H2R, but there is a 390 Duke tucked away in the GP Bikes booth ...

No H2, no new R1, no KTM RC390... this show was the exact same as last year basically. The Duke 390 has been sitting in the back of GP Bikes for quite a while. They weren't allowed to have it on display yet in the store or something. Seen it last month. Nifty bike. They've already sold like 5 or 6 RC390's. Can't believe people are buying bikes without seeing it!

Is Indian there? I would like to check out the Scout.

Also, any Ducati Scramblers there?

Did not see any Scramblers

Back
Top Bottom