Any other BMW airhead riders? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any other BMW airhead riders?

Schneller

Site Supporter
And no, your girlfriend doesn't count. ;)

I got my first airhead about 20 years ago and still have it. Currently there is an issue with the rear drive but I hope to get it on the road again this summer. There is a Hannigan fairing on this one.

So, anyone else ride or have an old school BMW?

b510c3faaee182076baf4d9718d7e277.jpg

R75/5 1973 sitting in the garage, doesn't move much but I feel good knowing its there.

Like them would love to have an R80 GS one day.

They're inflating big time to the point maybe a clean example shouldn't be ridden. (Source: Advrider)

here are 3 who i regularly ride with. the green one has 250,000 miles
IMG_20141019_153227.jpg

here are 3 who i regularly ride with. the green one has 250,000 miles
IMG_20141019_153227.jpg

Nice. They put my butchered '91 Bumble Bee to shame.

73 r90/6 and a wee head 84 I think, R45
both need a bit of tlc to get back out there, maybe this year...

Pics? We like pics.

How many R45s are running around Hamilton? I talked to one owner at an awning place in Dundas. Was it you?

A 1972 R75/5 rider here.

There are a surprising number of BMW airheads in the Thornhill area ....

G.

2 summers ago, I found myself in Tweed, on my way to the Kingston area. I was having a coffee break at the little independent coffee shop on the main drag, but still south of the Tim Hortons. My 1976 bronze(brown) R90/6 was parked out front and an identical bike passed by, heading north. First time that has ever happened.

on another trip that summer, I was gassing up in Tweed, when another similar old airhead pulled up behind me at the 2nd pump. We got to talking airheads, had coffee at that shop, and then rode to his place near Sydenham. He showed me his motorcycle workshop barn and collection of various old bikes, many of which were projects. It was almost as interesting as a visit to airhead-only mechanic Al Blanchard, just south of Elizabethville on Durham rd. 9.

Last edited:
How many R45s are running around Hamilton? I talked to one owner at an awning place in Dundas. Was it you?

Nope, not I. Spent two months on the wee head with soon to be wife in Europe back in the day. Put it in a box and shipped it back here about 25 years ago.

Nope, not I. Spent two months on the wee head with soon to be wife in Europe back in the day. Put it in a box and shipped it back here about 25 years ago.

OK that's good because the guy wasn't friendly anyway.

Back
Top Bottom