99 r6 insurance | GTAMotorcycle.com

99 r6 insurance

Void

Hi guys, i had a question about insuring a 99 r6. I know that most sport bikes are prohibited but i noticed some insurance companies will consider insuring the bike if it is 16 years or older and will give you "standard rates".

I was wondering, for the calendar year 2015, will some insurance companies like JD smith still insure a 99 r6 or not because it is on the prohibited sport bike list, but as of 2015 it will be 16 years... Im a young rider so i can't even consider state farm and TD was charging me more than the bike itself lol so...

Thanks in advance.

Last I heard was Jevco doing that. I lust after a 92 CBR900 Fireblade, so I looked into it. And it wasn't a 15 yr old disclaimer...it was bikes model year 1996 and older were simply considered "standard motorcycles" and the "supersport" designantion was removed...... They never updated it to 97,98,99 etc each preceding year. And now that Jevco is no more, you can forget that discount altogether.

It was still surcharged as such before the 15 year mark.

I'm going to insure my CBR929 this season if the "15 year old standard" rate applies to it.

With Intact, a motorcycle that is 16 years and older (it would apply to the 99 r6) they rate it as a standard model and do not surcharge it for being a sport bike. The rates would be competitive. Contact me if you have any questions.

With Intact, a motorcycle that is 16 years and older (it would apply to the 99 r6) they rate it as a standard model and do not surcharge it for being a sport bike. The rates would be competitive. Contact me if you have any questions.

Good to know

Will be keeping this in mind for when some of my infractions fall off my record and we'll speak again or I'll speak to your son. Either way, Thank you for the info, very good to know.

I was looking into this near the end of last year. I got quoted with Intact and a 98 R1 was just under $1200, 99 was double that. It seemed every SS 600+ 98 or older was the exact same price. I have been meaning to call back in the new year and see if that age bumped up one more year. Sounds like it did.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom