New tires | GTAMotorcycle.com

New tires

drey

Hey everyone,

I'm in the market for some new tires and was looking for some suggestions. I currently have Dunlop Q2's and I'm leaning towards getting the Q3's however I mainly use my ride for commuting in the summer months during the week and then rides on the weekend. Since I mainly do a lot of highway riding I was thinking of possibly going for a less sportier tire. I ride an r6.

I was just wondering if anyone has any other suggestions on tires that would better suit my commuting needs without sacrificing the advantages of sportier tires when I'm out on weekends and do some spirited riding. Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Pretty much any newer sport-touring tire will work fine for you. If you like the way the Q2's feel then try the RoadSmart II's. On the street I doubt you'll notice a difference between the two on a 600 SS at spirited levels.

+1 on the Roadsmart 2's.
I was in the same boat as you. Was eating up a set of q2s in about 6-7,000k. My roadsmarts have been great.

I run 12-13k on my q3s and love them. I also ride them pretty much all year around

the Michelin PP3 looks to suit your needs. SS / daily rider tire all in one, lots of rain groves ,dual compound and sticky ....I have nothing against the Q3 tire but for the life of me I can't see using this tire in the rain even though Dunlop says they work well.

Attachments

• PILOT-POWER-3.jpg
    PILOT-POWER-3.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 35
Ok thanks guys. I'll take a look. I really want to try out the q3's haha
You won't get any more mileage out of a Q3 than a Q2. I've ran plenty of both and averaged ~12,000km on either and that was a good deal of commuting. I swapped out the Q3 direct to the RSII.

Check out Metzler's line up of tires. M5 Sportec's are unbelievable as are the Racetec's. The roadtech's might suit your style of riding better, but they are all great in wet conditions. The Sportec's are phenomenal for road and twisties. I also ride an R6. My buddy has the 2 R6's an R1 and an RZ350. He only uses Metzler's as well. Great tires. Can't recommend them enough.

muffler bearing.............Why don't we just get right to it?

I have power 3 on my r6 stick as hell! Sign up and grab some !

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom