Multiple accessory hookups? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Multiple accessory hookups?

ajaxguy

What is the best way to hook up multiple things without drawing power from the battery when they are off. I have a 12v usb connector, heated grips, single led light and battery charger. What would be the process for all those?

One relay with a distribution block. Discussed a few times here & can be found on Internet

I;ve wired quite a few bikes for forum members and others for accessories - the best thing i've found is the fuzeblock route. Its reliable and clean - also makes it easy to install / uninstall accessories - not to mention if you take your time it will be a reliable & clean install.

I;ve wired quite a few bikes for forum members and others for accessories - the best thing i've found is the fuzeblock route. Its reliable and clean - also makes it easy to install / uninstall accessories - not to mention if you take your time it will be a reliable & clean install.
Where do you usually put them? Do you try for the same location on most bikes or wherever it fits?

I've had it under the seat mostly, but not all my bikes could accommodate.

Cool product, I've normally built my own, but I like the ease of switching between constant on and switched supply with the fuzeblock.

Where do you usually put them? Do you try for the same location on most bikes or wherever it fits?

I've had it under the seat mostly, but not all my bikes could accommodate.

Where ever there is space. Usually in the tail there is space or somewhere on the subframe away from heat and water.

I like the PDM60, http://pdm60.com/. Bit expensive, but solid state and programmable for Amps per circuit, turn-on and shut-off delay after ignition, etc. Rumour has it they'll be releasing a new version this year with automatic low-battery shutdown too.

It has two power trigger lines; one for ignition and one for a switch. 6 output lines, and you can configure which input trigger controls each output. It draws power directly off the battery and doesn't put any load on the ignition trigger line, which could be anything including a light circuit.

If you exceed your configured Amps on an output, you just need to shut off the bike and start it again to reset the circuit. No fuses!

I have one on my K1300S, and I'll be adding one to my DL650 once the low-battery-cutoff version is released.

I like the PDM60, http://pdm60.com/. Bit expensive, but solid state and programmable for Amps per circuit, turn-on and shut-off delay after ignition, etc. Rumour has it they'll be releasing a new version this year with automatic low-battery shutdown too.

It has two power trigger lines; one for ignition and one for a switch. 6 output lines, and you can configure which input trigger controls each output. It draws power directly off the battery and doesn't put any load on the ignition trigger line, which could be anything including a light circuit.

If you exceed your configured Amps on an output, you just need to shut off the bike and start it again to reset the circuit. No fuses!

I have one on my K1300S, and I'll be adding one to my DL650 once the low-battery-cutoff version is released.
That's pretty cool. I'll check it out. Thanks for sharing.

Cool idea, but at $225 instead of Fuzeblocks $83 I could buy a lot of fuses. Personally I like less computers on my bike (IME more likely to fail and impossible to repair on the road) so Fuzeblocks manual system works better for me.

Low battery cutoff is a great idea though (although it would only kill the pdm, not the lights or other things that may be draining your battery). I would rather place that circuit in front of everything except the starter. If it fails (ie does not allow power through), it would be easy enough to bypass with a single wire.

Yeah the price is a little rich, but the simplicity....

I like the ability to reset it by just turning the bike off and on. Taking apart things to replace a fuse is a pia but no doubt easier solution when far away from home than reprogramming the pdm. Pros and cons I guess. Maybe Santa will be nice to me this year...

the variable start and shutdown delays are great.

True, for certain applications, that function could justify the price difference (eg. saving HID's from multiple cycles every time you start your bike resulting in premature failure).

True, for certain applications, that function could justify the price difference (eg. saving HID's from multiple cycles every time you start your bike resulting in premature failure).
There are time delay switches you can put

Sorry, late to the party. I'd have to check, but I might have a couple of these left if you want one.
http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/showthread.php?170504-Accessories-Relay-and-Fuse-setup

Damn, that is pretty cool. Way overkill, but I like overkill. I might make up something like this.

One relay with a distribution block. Discussed a few times here & can be found on Internet

Best answer, AND the cheapest option.

If you wish, you can also skip the relay and simply hook up to the accessory wire, license plate light, or other apparatus that turns off when the bike is off.

Best answer, AND the cheapest option.

If you wish, you can also skip the relay and simply hook up to the accessory wire, license plate light, or other apparatus that turns off when the bike is off.
That's possible for small accessories like gps & led lights, but not for heated vests or other heated gear

That Neutrino is an interesting product. I wonder if you can interface with it using BB products?

Back
Top Bottom