What they're teaching kids these days | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What they're teaching kids these days

Yes very true !
My son is in grade one and couldn't imagine him learning that at the age of 6.
I believe we started in grade 7? Can't recall.

Your son doesn't know that girls have vaginas and boys have penis's? Maybe we're different because I have a boy and a girl.

The only thing on that I have a problem with would be the anal sex teaching. I personally feel that's a tad too far because done improperly it can cause extreme problems.

And let's face it, the Internet is out there. Just place yourselves in your kids places nowadays. They need to be made aware of a lot more in the world by us, the parents. If we try to keep them in the dark, they'll just go ask Mr. Google.

My 12 year asks me some crazy questions and I answer as truthfully as possible. He told me that his friends thinks he's crazy for asking me the things he does, but he doesn't care.

So your son is not aware that boys have a penis and girls have a vagina?

I actually read through that article and I didn't see anything all that alarming. Only the type of stuff that super conservative jesusfolk might find bothersome.
I haven't asked him. He says "my private" but not "penis/vagina" now with that being said that may be what they say as the descriptive word in their class?
But I don't really care myself, I've been at the school and herd alot worse come from some of these little kids mouths .

So your son is not aware that boys have a penis and girls have a vagina?

I actually read through that article and I didn't see anything all that alarming. Only the type of stuff that super conservative jesusfolk might find bothersome.

FTA
Encourages masturbation as a "pleasurable" way for children to learn about their bodies, that is "not harmful"

I love not harmful is in quotes. This website is silly

What's a parents job these days? Boys and girls know intuitively that they are different. Parents can flesh out the details.

What's a parents job these days? Boys and girls know intuitively that they are different. Parents can flesh out the details.

And some "boys" feel and act more like "girls" and vice versa. Society is changing and trying to help these kids be more accepting to differences. I don't see that as a bad thing.

I haven't asked him. He says "my private" but not "penis/vagina" now with that being said that may be what they say as the descriptive word in their class?
But I don't really care myself, I've been at the school and herd alot worse come from some of these little kids mouths .

To your first paragraph, when my daughter started washing herself my wife and I would always tell her to make sure she washed her vagina and bum. I guess I could have said privates, but we always used the proper terms in our house so that's the way we did it.

And your second paragraph couldn't be more right on. Kids are mean and vile creatures when they don't think adults are around.

To your first paragraph, when my daughter started washing herself my wife and I would always tell her to make sure she washed her vagina and bum. I guess I could have said privates, but we always used the proper terms in our house so that's the way we did it.

And your second paragraph couldn't be more right on. Kids are mean and vile creatures when they don't think adults are around.
Actually come to think about it I recall him saying penis once. I should ask him actually. But I do agree, it is just a word which describes an object.

I think kids are getting worse. Bullying is out of control. I have told my son if he is in trouble and to find a teacher, walk away if he can. And if both are exhausted he has the green light to defend himself.
Think alot of parents are either one or the other. Completely over protective, kids must live in a bubble. And then those that allow them to get away with murder.
I try and fit myself in the middle.

And some "boys" feel and act more like "girls" and vice versa. Society is changing and trying to help these kids be more accepting to differences. I don't see that as a bad thing.

I don't think it's a bad thing either. I'm not sold on social engineering, to this level, via the school board. Maybe it's been deemed necessary by changing demographics? Like when I grew up 98% kids had a mom/dad combo at home. Now that everybody's boning anybody that'l have them maybe the schools need to do this. Dunno, willing to learn.

I really don't see the harm in using the correct terms. They may be only 5 or 6 years old but kids know that boys and girls are different. Teaching them the correct terms I think will make it seem less taboo. It's simple biology.

FTA
Encourages masturbation as a "pleasurable" way for children to learn about their bodies, that is "not harmful"

I love not harmful is in quotes. This website is silly

Exactly.... all the fear mongering that site is writing about are things I'm totally ok with.

I don't think it's a bad thing either. I'm not sold on social engineering, to this level, via the school board. Maybe it's been deemed necessary by changing demographics? Like when I grew up 98% kids had a mom/dad combo at home. Now that everybody's boning anybody that'l have them maybe the schools need to do this. Dunno, willing to learn.

Again, things I'm totally ok with. Kids might not be exposed to the LBGT community at home, I think it's ok to teach them that other types of people exist and that its completely normal.

Its the pain in arse factor that is really making it harder to get people involved, I help these days with some sailing coaching, transitioning kids from dingy to keelboats, they work the same but sail "different". Police backgrounds checks are mandatory, another expense, and as our mentoring coach dictates (that's the coach for the coaches) you are never alone with any kid, the two deep rule applies at all times.
You have to make the decision that you have something of value to offer up and your willing to put up with the paperwork and classes and legal responsibility, or not.
Another part of the process these days , if you suspect any abuse at home, sexual or physical, you are legally obligated to report it or you could be charged. Theres a level of BS to ever get yourself into.

Sometimes kids do just fall down stairs or sometimes they use the wrong word. You report and if the investigators are in a Nazi mood an innocent parent gets labelled. If they are found innocent in court the stigma remains (And the legal bill).

The abuse is tough for a trained person to pick out and I don't think volunteers go the PhD route.

I think kids are getting worse. Bullying is out of control. I have told my son if he is in trouble and to find a teacher, walk away if he can. And if both are exhausted he has the green light to defend himself. .

Schoolyard bullying isn't what scares me now. It's the cyber bullying that terrifies me. Luckily we've only dealt with schoolyard so far.

My son last year had a tough time with a bully. He lets words go no problem, and I've taught him that. If you laugh and agree with whatever a bully says, they'll usually just go on to the next kid that will react to it. But physical is where I draw the line.

Anyway, this kid pushed him a couple of times and my son went to the teacher. The school did what they could but I told my son that if he touches him again that he needs to do whatever he needs to do to stop it. I explained that if he was to retaliate we will know that he had no other choice, but he refused to fight back. He said that he didn't want to get in trouble at school. Whatever the school did eventually worked and the bully stopped picking on my son.

Sometimes kids do just fall down stairs or sometimes they use the wrong word. You report and if the investigators are in a Nazi mood an innocent parent gets labelled. If they are found innocent in court the stigma remains (And the legal bill).

The abuse is tough for a trained person to pick out and I don't think volunteers go the PhD route.
I see this one is getting way out of hand. Hey don't get me wrong, I want to know my son is in safe hands on a field trip. But for instance i will not abide by all the BS. If their is a little guy crying on the ball field I am the first to go up to him (I am a coach) put an arm around him and get him smiling.
Mind you I am well known in the community. But even so, I think it is just getting a little out of hand .

Again, things I'm totally ok with. Kids might not be exposed to the LBGT community at home, I think it's ok to teach them that other types of people exist and that its completely normal.

Sure, is normal. What does LGBT mean to a young child who doesn't know of or understand sexual arousal and the full gamut of relationships and promiscuous play? Where does it stop? Who's driving the agenda? To mention, in passing, oh ya no big deal sometimes women marry women or something along those lines but a whole curriculum? I can just imagine the decision process there....anybody wanting to put the brakes on that is automatically deemed something negative and not inclusive.

Sure, is normal. What does LGBT mean to a young child who doesn't know of or understand sexual arousal and the full gamut of relationships and promiscuous play? Where does it stop? Who's driving the agenda? To mention, in passing, oh ya no big deal sometimes women marry women or something along those lines but a whole curriculum? I can just imagine the decision process there....anybody wanting to put the brakes on that is automatically deemed something negative and not inclusive.

Bingo!!!!!

Of course Wynne has an agenda, and she's using dirty political means to achieve it.

And yes, well stated on anybody who opposes is branded a bigot and intolerant.

Why, exactly, do they need to be forced by the school board to be exposed to it? Ever thought that some parents don't want to expose their kids to the LGBT community? What happens then?

Bigot parents will raise bigot children? Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why, exactly, do they need to be forced by the school board to be exposed to it? Ever thought that some parents don't want to expose their kids to the LGBT community? What happens then?

So it's bad to expose kids to the fact that not everyone is the same? That some people's brains are wired a little different? Parents can teach whatever they want at home, but school is where they should be taught reality.

I don't have to understand gay / lesbian. Why can't different be OK just like left handed people. Lefties used to be forced to write with their right hand and got smacked for going left, the Devil's hand. It's whether a person helps you or hurts you that matters, not which hand they used to help or hurt.

I just get a little concerned about the over pushed rights of any special interest group.

Back
Top Bottom