What they're teaching kids these days | GTAMotorcycle.com

What they're teaching kids these days

inreb

Site Supporter
So last night the grandniece(3) was all over me, lots of play and affection. Neither of us were drunk. I poked my finger straight into her chest, as you would a sibling in the back seat of a long car ride, and was greeted with a total change in atittude "DON"T TOUCH ME!!"
What's this? Is this what they're teaching kids nowadays I asked my sister. Yup. Merry Christmas.

The good ol' days are long gone....

It gets worse. The "I am my own person" attitude comes next.

"I don't have to tell you where I'm going, with whom or when I'll be back."

A bunch of staffers at a fast food place were held up and locked in a cooler just before closing. They were found at opening time by the new shift. The parents were oblivious to their kids not coming home.

It gets worse. The "I am my own person" attitude comes next.

"I don't have to tell you where I'm going, with whom or when I'll be back."

A bunch of staffers at a fast food place were held up and locked in a cooler just before closing. They were found at opening time by the new shift. The parents were oblivious to their kids not coming home.

I guess so but I don't want to blame the kids. They have young malleable minds. What we, as adults, do to shape them should not be taken lightly or sky is falling drastic. Seems none of the kids at the local public ride bicycle or walk to school. Because perceived dangerous. Sometimes I have to remind myself, as an older person, the kids I'm interacting with today grew up like that. 250cc is a big m/c lol.

That sounds so perverted, uncle Inreb.

But I do understand where you're coming from. When I was growing up, you can hug & kiss kids but now people might label you the wrong way

That sounds so perverted, uncle Inreb.

But I do understand where you're coming from. When I was growing up, you can hug & kiss kids but now people might label you the wrong way

Didn't you used to hang around here at one time?

So last night the grandniece(3) was all over me, lots of play and affection. Neither of us were drunk. I poked my finger straight into her chest, as you would a sibling in the back seat of a long car ride, and was greeted with a total change in atittude "DON"T TOUCH ME!!"
What's this? Is this what they're teaching kids nowadays I asked my sister. Yup. Merry Christmas.

Great story. Keep listening for those sirens

The creepy uncle, lolz

If she's in daycare, they have a ridiculously strict "no touch" policy. At my son's (he's 3 as well), they are not allowed to hug! Wtf?! We're Italian. We hug. Next they'll tell us we have to stop talking with our hands!
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 Windows Phone using Tapatalk

If she's in daycare, they have a ridiculously strict "no touch" policy. At my son's (he's 3 as well), they are not allowed to hug! Wtf?! We're Italian. We hug. Next they'll tell us we have to stop talking with our hands!
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 Windows Phone using Tapatalk
Pffft, hahaha. I hear you brother. No hugging & kissing. They might as well ban tomatoes, lol

I coached minor sports (with my kids involved) and was a scout leader ( with my kids involved) , and was a ski instructor for a while. The rules changed drastically during the years from let me help you up to , get yourself up and i'll stand over here ten ft away with two witnesses. And with much remorse, I can understand why its gone that way.

I had always thought it would be fun to help out coaching a high school football team but stuff like this makes me think it would just be a pain in the ***. lol

I had always thought it would be fun to help out coaching a high school football team but stuff like this makes me think it would just be a pain in the ***. lol

Our high school (mid '70's) football/wresting coach/drafting teacher was a total flamer. Anybody with an ounce of sense could see it. You were either repulsed or attracted to his game depending on your young BS detector. He had a lot of people fooled. I'm sure administration turned a blind eye to it. Whenever I get together with HS friends it's one of the first topics of discussion. I sometimes wonder how an emerging adult feels when they discover, to their horror, sucking teachers dick wasn't the path to glory after all.

I knew a math teacher that really enjoyed helping kids. He paid some honest well meaning attention to a young girl and she started getting better marks and her self esteem improved. Then another teacher warned him about how special attention could be misconstrued so he quit teaching and went into industry instead of getting involved with the BS factor.

It's a bit of a paradox in that people that work with kids are supposed to report any signs of abuse but at the same time aren't supposed to get involved.

Sorry to hear bro "Inred".

I can only imagine how that would make you or anyone feel.

I think you would just end up slapping around a few kids

Back
Top Bottom