Two-lane roundabouts coming to Caledon | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Two-lane roundabouts coming to Caledon

Brussels? If yes. Loved the city. The food, girls, ambiance, maybe even the sprouts? Had to know how to drive there. How-about the Champs-Élysées, crazy. Never done it on a bike. Would be interesting.

Yes, Brussels. Lived there from age 3 to 28.
Been in Paris, but have never driven there.

My opinion, skills, aggressive driving. If you wait for somebody to let you in forget it. You must go at the slightest opportunity. No arguments or cage rage, it is expected of you to move and butt in. Say a few prayers before you leave and kiss your rear hello when you make it back safe and sound. Hesitate and you will never get to where you want to be. Take it in your stride.

Same applies to Brussels LOL

We had this beauty where I grew up:
24-12-20149-16-40AM.jpg

...and since the driver examination center was just around the corner, it was very likely that this beauty would be on your driver test route.

Am I correct in thinking that the roundabout is feeding right into a stoplight controlled intersection? That seems kinda dumb to me because the traffic waiting for the light will back into the roundabout in no time at all

That's just crazy town. Are we getting more of those? Is there a roundabout company in the pockets of politicians? Drive by shootings will be sketch. It's all coming apart at the seams.

What's the cut off, wheel number wise?

I personally love the left turns from the right lane and right turns from the left lane that are extremely common in Toronto.

My first 20 minutes on a street bike: clapped out cube van attempting a u-turn across 4-lanes plus median. Almost capsized. Nice!

Later that day: Southbound car on Kipling at Queensway, slowing to make right on Queensway. Northbound on Kipling for me, approaching Queensway. . Looks harmless enough, almost no traffic.

Car sudden veers left, crossing curb, passing, left hand turn lanes, going eastbound. Barely avoids hitting the traffic lights. Expect the unexpected indeed!

95Teggs: Videos like that always benefit from Yakety-Sax.

The only vehicles I trust now are Fire Engines. Wheel Trans are crazier than cabs now too.

Last edited:
Hope this will start a trend, it's long overdue in Canada. Loved using these in Europe, while they didn't completely relieve congestion in rush hour, at most other times they helped traffic move well.

To my mind of thinking, there are circumstances that should be taken into consideration.
London/Brit drivers, generally are aggressive and are expected to keep moving on roundabouts, wait too long and you are doomed. You must take the first gap without much hesitation.
Much the same for Paris/Rome, most of Europe except they are even more aggressive. (In a good way)
Middle East. Wow, commonly known as the "Wacky races" Laws do not apply. Get in car, hand over horn and move fast. Stop at lights, make 3 lanes into as many as you can squeeze to be first in line.

Canadian drivers are not aggressive, passive if anything, road rage at the drop of a hat.

Hopefully, roundabouts here will not cause too many arguments. Somebody cut me up etc. The list goes on and on.
As many of you here are European and drive roundabouts you are aware how to drive them.

Once you start considering habits of Canadian drivers, the roundabouts are doomed here .... you hit the nail on the head. Canadian drivers are way too passive, hesitant, indecisive ... you name it. This is the single most significant source of frustration driving here. The Europeans take safely and briskly the gap ... Canadians love to let the gap grow large ... the larger the better .... it's like they love to waste the time in traffic. I get it ... it's the lack of quality training here, lack of quality transportation long term strategy and abundance of cars with automatic transmissions ... LOL (the last one is half joke).

I say, force the roundabouts down the throats of Canadian drivers and make sure you penalize the one's not getting it, accordingly.

The Europeans take safely and briskly the gap ... Canadians love to let the gap grow large ... the larger the better .... it's like they love to waste the time in traffic.

The problem begins with the MTO, etc. I can remember during my road tests I would get dinged for lane changes that were plenty safe (gap wise) but they expect you to only change with like a 10 car gap. So they instill this train of thought and it makes worse drivers of already some bad drivers.

Last edited:
To my mind of thinking, there are circumstances that should be taken into consideration.
London/Brit drivers, generally are aggressive and are expected to keep moving on roundabouts, wait too long and you are doomed. You must take the first gap without much hesitation.
Much the same for Paris/Rome, most of Europe except they are even more aggressive. (In a good way)
Middle East. Wow, commonly known as the "Wacky races" Laws do not apply. Get in car, hand over horn and move fast. Stop at lights, make 3 lanes into as many as you can squeeze to be first in line.

Canadian drivers are not aggressive, passive if anything, road rage at the drop of a hat.

Hopefully, roundabouts here will not cause too many arguments. Somebody cut me up etc. The list goes on and on.
As many of you here are European and drive roundabouts you are aware how to drive them.

True, the average Ontarian wouldn't make it in Brussels rush hour traffic LOL

The problem begins with the MTO, etc. I can remember during my road tests I would get dinged for lane changes that were plenty safe (gap wise) but they expect you to only change with like a 10 car gap. So they instill this train of thought and it makes worse drivers of already some bad drivers.

I would certainly agree with that .... The MTO is a very clueless bunch regardless of the political colours leading it. But it's the same MTO who doesn't care about truck drivers being properly and rigorously tested or refuses to hand over data of drive testing facilities passing rates ...... What can one expect of leaders with such resume. The will sell you a hwy for a dollar ....

Not purely scientific, but interesting results.

I would say very scientific and not very surprising results.

Now think about other factors, like rain and snow. I would bet that keeping the vehicles moving rather than constant stop and go makes the place safer for everyone and the throughput gap would probably grow considerably.

Back
Top Bottom