Crf250L wont start? Can it be Bumpstarted? How? Possible Problems? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Crf250L wont start? Can it be Bumpstarted? How? Possible Problems?

dallasmcmahon

Tried to start my 2013 crf250L today and it was turning over. There was power to everything, and the battery was charged?

Can the bike be bumpstarted? or what could it be?

Thanks.

Second gear. Get a buddy to push, dump clutch and giver gas. Or find a hill.

Be prepared to put clutch back in and get on the brakes.

Short of that, post for help in technical help section.

Tried to start my 2013 crf250L today and it was turning over. There was power to everything, and the battery was charged?

Can the bike be bumpstarted? or what could it be?

Thanks.

is the petcock turned on? how old is the gas?
if it's easy to get to, clean the plug or change the spark plug.

you can jump start using a car and booster cables
leave the car turned off

Wasn't really cold enough to freeze anything? Fuel pump priming? Gas present? Lights working?

My bike fired up easily today. If you are the CRFL in the Chinatown area and need a hand, PM me and leave your #

If it's turning over, then what do you hope to accomplish by bump starting it? If it won't fire, it won't start. Do the standard checks:

Fuel
Spark
Timing

It can't be much of problem.

If it's turning over, then what do you hope to accomplish by bump starting it? If it won't fire, it won't start. Do the standard checks:

Fuel
Spark
Timing

It can't be much of problem.
It is possible that there is enough power in the battery to turn the engine over but not have enough left over for a good spark. Bump starting will allow all of the power to go to the ignition and the bike may start.

It is possible that there is enough power in the battery to turn the engine over but not have enough left over for a good spark. Bump starting will allow all of the power to go to the ignition and the bike may start.

I don't buy that. If it isn't starting when it turns he needs to find out why. If it turns there should be plenty of spark to start it. The plugs are either wet, there's no fuel, or there's weak or no spark.

it can turn over, but not with enough vigor to start. Its fuel injected so you need a full battery for a fuel pump/spark/starter. Its a small battery. So in order, fuel supply, kill switch checked? fully charged battery? Boost it off a car if the kill switch is ok and you have gas to the injectors. If you turn it over slowly and there is not enough juice to provide spark and prime the injectors you flood the cylinders and the plugs get wet and the process becomes harder. In reality your 2013 bike may have a 3-4yr old battery and it could be tired.

In reality your 2013 bike may have a 3-4yr old battery and it could be tired.

Very true. This happened to me with my Yamaha. Bike was on the showroom floor at the dealer for a year with no charger. A trickle charger can sometimes bring them back to life, but generally you're looking at a new battery.

I don't buy that. If it isn't starting when it turns he needs to find out why. If it turns there should be plenty of spark to start it. The plugs are either wet, there's no fuel, or there's weak or no spark.

??? It's perfectly logical and is a fact. Sometimes a bike with a weak battery will start when you release the button for this very reason. Obviously the OP will have to find out the root cause but a bump start will get him out of trouble.

Back
Top Bottom