Temporary insurance | GTAMotorcycle.com

Temporary insurance

Boots

Tried searching didnt find what i was looking for - maybe i didnt search well enough.

So i plan on just buying insurance for when i have to go out and get my full m license later next year whats my best option here? Buying a policy and cancelling it when im done my m test or are there any places that offer temporary insurance.

Unfortunately temporary insurance doesn't exist for anything in Ontario, you're best option is to borrow a friends motorcycle.

Buy a used CBR125R. Do test. Keep bike for awhile to learn. Sell bike for what you bought it for. Seriously, they are $2k brand new and $1k or less used.

That's an expensive test, plus another $2000 on insurance, cancelling mid term still needs to pay $1000 for 1 month of insurance.

OP

If I had this one running, I would let you use it to do your test, a nice bottle of wine or a bottle of Crown, and payment would be covered....

P1130168.jpg

Hey Boots, you don't plan on riding next year?
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 Windows Phone using Tapatalk

If it costs 2k to insure a cbr125 in onterrible then the insurance companies are a definite scam/organized legal crime.

The only option I can think of is borrowing a bike.

If it costs 2k to insure a cbr125 in onterrible then the insurance companies are a definite scam/organized legal crime.

The only option I can think of is borrowing a bike.

For the pedestrian that gets hit, it doesn't matter much whether it was a 125 or 1000.

For the pedestrian that gets hit, it doesn't matter much whether it was a 125 or 1000.
What? What does that have to do with insurance rates? It does not cost $2000 to insure a CBR125. Should be under $1000. Either way, if you're gonna get your license you're gonna get a bike, right? Might as well learn for a bit on a cheap one that you can get most/all of your money back on. If Boots isn't going to get a bike anyway, then why bother getting the license and doing the test?

Also, in the process of getting my license I spent ~$800 in motorcycle courses and did another $500 driving course in the middle of the process, too, so even if it does cost $2k it's really not that bad. Gotta pay to play. That doesn't even include any track courses that I keep meaning to do.

Woah woah guys. I've got a bike I just wanted to know the best way to insure it temporarily seeing as I bought a car last year and I don't really need my bike as much for transportation. I do plan on buying a 600 in a couple years However I wanted to use my current bike get my M over with.

Say I buy insurance for a month and then cancel it right when I finish and pass my test: any drawbacks to this method?

Woah woah guys. I've got a bike I just wanted to know the best way to insure it temporarily seeing as I bought a car last year and I don't really need my bike as much for transportation. I do plan on buying a 600 in a couple years However I wanted to use my current bike get my M over with.

Say I buy insurance for a month and then cancel it right when I finish and pass my test: any drawbacks to this method?
If you're not going to ride your bike sell it and don't bother spending the time and money to get the license. If you are, you're going to have to insure for the whole year or possibly face expensive penalties. There are no companies that will insure you for a couple of days to do your test. There is nowhere affordable to rent a bike in Toronto. If you have a friend that has an insured bike he will lend you, that method might work. Personally I'm always surprised that people will lend out their vehicles because if the borrower gets in an at-fault collision the vehicle owner's insurance rates are going to skyrocket.

Back
Top Bottom