Moving bike from Toronto to Montreal | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Moving bike from Toronto to Montreal

Time is getting closer and the weather is not cooperating.
I have to pick it up by the middle of April, and there is still snow and salt on roads :( Although, yesterday I saw several motorcycles on the roads in Montreal.

So, I called today moto-limo to find out how much it will cost me to use their services and the guy quoted me 450$. Which is not too bad considering the amount I will have to spend on train for Montreal->Toronto, staying overnight in Toronto and possibly taking another overnight stop on the way.

What's your thoughts?

Kind of makes sense if you're in Montreal and have to pay for a train and hotel in Toronto. Make sure they have insurance in case of any damage.

Alternatively, you could look into renting a truck or van. You can get there and back in a long day.

I don't think I can do it in one day by myself

If you have doubt, you probably shouldn't try it.
But Good Friday will have less traffic in Toronto, and probably a bit less than normal backroads/401 to Montreal. Decent weather too if you have the right gear/grips.

Alternatively (the cheapest most likely), fly/get yourself to Toronto, and ride half/partway to Montreal. Prearrange a friend to rent a cube van/van+uhaul trailer and meet you half way between Toronto and Montreal.
Done like dinner.

I've ridden it alone 3 times last season. Boring but easy. Stop at the onroutes for 20ish mins at a time. Adds some time but you'll be fine.

New rider, new bike. Hotel? Train? Truck rental? Adds up fast. Call moto limo, or pm "infernobuster" on this forum. Pay the $450 and wait at home with your helmet on.
Just my 2 cents...

"You lost 15 friends on motorcycles? and you have only been riding since 2008? was this a group ride that fell off a cliff or are you being serious?"-ZX600

Just arranged with moto-limo, bike will be here in 10 days! Price - 452$

Weather forecast for Saturday/Sunday here - temperature around 0, light snow - probably not the best for riding ~ 600km.

It'll only be the longest 10 days of your life. :D
Good choice, enjoy the ride.

Stay safe!

So, today I exchanged my GM2 Ontario license to Class 5 6A Quebec license - all went well. Class 6A - is motorcycle license without restrictions.

You are quite lucky on this one. I did the opposite and exchanged a 5 6A Québec (full car + motorcycle license) and MTO gave me a GM2 because I didn't have 2 years of experience with an unrestricted license.

Back
Top Bottom