Hot Vodka | GTAMotorcycle.com

Hot Vodka

puttockc

Hey all,

I work at a restaurant in midtown. I just finished work, 10:40pm and I stepped out of the restaurant to start up my 2000 Kawasaki ninja 500.

The key took some force and wouldn't even go in all the way. So I microwaved some vodka and poured in down into the key hole. All melted straight away and I'm warming up the bike!!!

What should I put in the key hole to make sure it stayed lubed, lithium grease?

-chris

Sent from my my mobile using a strange app for damaged people

Please tell me this is real.

I really want this to be real.

Partly because I am also curious about the answer (cause I work at a bar) :p

Please tell me this is real.

I really want this to be real.

Partly because I am also curious about the answer (cause I work at a bar) :p

It's real, I just got home, hot vodka did the trick.

I also didn't crash on the way!!!

Heat they key with a lighter

Damn still riding? You're nuts. And that's coming from a guy that works outdoors

I use a graphite lube for my locks. I just figured that would work best for no particular reason. Messy as hell though, be very careful to control the spray.

Serious or joke answer? Won't that clog it?

I used some of the DuPont Teflon Multi Use lube on mine. Seemed to work great for a couple of days but didn't last long.

A bit of WD-40 on your key every so often--NOT dripping or sprayed into the ignition lock. In and out a few times, leaves a faint oily residue on the lock tumblers. Definitely not enough to infiltrate the ignition contacts. Works on the trunk/seat locks too. Any light oil would do, I suppose.

Stick a rubber earplug into the keyhole when you park it.

Hey all,

I work at a restaurant in midtown. I just finished work, 10:40pm and I stepped out of the restaurant to start up my 2000 Kawasaki ninja 500.

The key took some force and wouldn't even go in all the way. So I microwaved some vodka and poured in down into the key hole. All melted straight away and I'm warming up the bike!!!

What should I put in the key hole to make sure it stayed lubed, lithium grease?

-chris

Same bike. You are starting to warp your keys I think. Might be a good idea to have a backup on you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I use 3-in-1 lube, works quite well with no issues so far.

Carry a lock de-icer with you under the seat. Note that this only works if you can get access to under your seat in the first place =)

And WD40 after every wash.

Back
Top Bottom