"Duck savior" gets 90-day sentence to be served on weekends + 10yr driving ban | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

"Duck savior" gets 90-day sentence to be served on weekends + 10yr driving ban

Re: "Duck savior" gets 90-day sentence to be served on weekends + 10yr driving ban

Pedestrian tunnels are coming next! That way pedestrians don't have to pull their face from their phone while crossing the street.

Re: "Duck savior" gets 90-day sentence to be served on weekends + 10yr driving ban

The newly finished section of the 404 north of Green lane has at elast two crossings built under it to allow wildlife to cross under. (I believe one is for a "protected or endangered species" of turtles. It was the only way the leaf lickers would permit the construction of the highway

Although funny enough I've seen in places they build a tunnel crossing under the road so wild life and cars can avoid each other. Its a smart idea although it sounds like a great place for predators to wait. I think we have killed most predators off in Ontario.

Although funny enough I've seen in places they build a tunnel crossing under the road so wild life and cars can avoid each other. Its a smart idea although it sounds like a great place for predators to wait. I think we have killed most predators off in Ontario.

They certainly have them from Banff to Jasper.

..Tom

Not this rider... he sees the girl on the side of the highway... takes his hand off the bar to 'gesture' the girl... and then slams into the back of her car.

There was two morons involved in this accident.

From the court testimony, it's obvious the rider "layed 'er down" and sent his pillion under the car before he slammed into the car.

If the car had stopped for a legitimate reason, likely a similar result would have happened. The devil is in the details of this case.

That girl who stopped for the ducks is back on the road as of a few months ago.

The newly finished section of the 404 north of Green lane has at elast two crossings built under it to allow wildlife to cross under. (I believe one is for a "protected or endangered species" of turtles. It was the only way the leaf lickers would permit the construction of the highway

We have those near Cootes Paradise in Hamilton.

Maybe the cat belonged to a cop?

to the cleaning company:

Toilet Cleaning Instructions:

1. Put both lid and seat of the toilet up and add 1/8 cup of pet shampoo to the water in the bowl.

2. Pick up the cat and soothe him while you carry him towards the bathroom.

3. In one smooth movement, put the cat in the toilet and close both lids. You may need to sit on the lid.

4. The cat will self agitate and make ample suds. Never mind the noises that come from the toilet, the cat is actually enjoying this.

5. Flush the toilet three or four times. This provides a "power-wash" “and rinse".

6. Have someone open the front door of your home. Be sure that there are no people between the bathroom and the front door.

7. Stand behind the toilet as far as you can, and quickly lift both lids.

8. The cat will rocket out of the toilet, streak through the bathroom, and run outside where he will dry himself off.

9. Both the commode and the cat will be sparkling clean.

Last edited:

Does this work with kittens? Is there some sort of "You must be this tall" requirement to participate?

Does this work with kittens? Is there some sort of "You must be this tall" requirement to participate?

go / no-go / cat / drain gauge
hope nobody takes it seriously

go / no-go / cat / drain gauge
hope nobody takes it seriously

Do you/did you ride EX500?

It happened again:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...-stopped-for-family-of-ducks/article25227482/

RCMP in Nova Scotia say a man on a motorcycle was seriously injured when he ran into car that stopped to allow a family of ducks to cross the road.
Police say a car stopped on Highway 101 near Wolfville, N.S., around 9:45 a.m. as the ducklings made their way across.
They say another car stopped behind it and was rear-ended by the motorcycle.
The rider, who is in his 60s and from Upper Rawdon, N.S., was seriously injured and taken by helicopter to hospital.
Police say the vehicle that stopped for the ducks did not remain on the scene.
They’re asking for the public’s help in locating the driver.

facepalm.gif
Come the duck on.

Did they run over the ducks while fleeing the scene?

Wonder if the duck stopper was even aware they caused an "accident"....

So are you legally not allowed to stop for obstructions on the highway, anymore? Even though my car might be fine running over a bunch of ducks I'd rather not for multiple reasons, including potential damage. I always thought stopping for wildlife on the road was a valid reason. Duck lady got out of her car which is a bit different.

I would think it depends on if they were in front of the vehicle or if the driver stopped to watch them cross or something. The police obviously needs to talk to the driver.

So are you legally not allowed to stop for obstructions on the highway, anymore? Even though my car might be fine running over a bunch of ducks I'd rather not for multiple reasons, including potential damage. I always thought stopping for wildlife on the road was a valid reason. Duck lady got out of her car which is a bit different.

Pull to the side then. You have to be selfware of the danger you might be creating. This goes for bikers too.

Pull to the side then. You have to be selfware of the danger you might be creating. This goes for bikers too.
So if I'm going down the road and a deer jumps out in front of me I'm supposed to go stop on the shoulder? Pretty sure I'll just be emergency braking. If you rear end someone you're following too closely or not paying enough attention.

Back
Top Bottom