May need to cancel insurance in March - best provider in this case? | GTAMotorcycle.com

May need to cancel insurance in March - best provider in this case?

DSoup

So I'm about to get insurance on my bike, but work has informed me there's a 50/50 chance I'll be gone from April 1st onwards.

If that's the case, then I'll be looking to cancel my insurance while my bike sits parked.

I was going to go with Meloche Monnex, and from Viffer's post it seems like they'd refund me 100% (maybe minus a minimum retained premium?)

Does anyone have a different opinion on this?

So I'm about to get insurance on my bike, but work has informed me there's a 50/50 chance I'll be gone from April 1st onwards.

If that's the case, then I'll be looking to cancel my insurance while my bike sits parked.

I was going to go with Meloche Monnex, and from Viffer's post it seems like they'd refund me 100% (maybe minus a minimum retained premium?)

Does anyone have a different opinion on this?

March is typically the last 'cheap' month - I'd guess any providers will be the same. Not sure where you're getting a 100% refund from - things are pro-rated high for the 'true' riding season, then bargain basement in the off-season.

Melonche Monnex may offer to switch you over to regular TD Insurance, see what their rate would be like

You're probably in minimum retained premium territory, no Idea what that number actually is though. . Best bet is to ask insurance company now instead of an ugly surprise later.

You said your bike will be sitting? Are you not planning to keep at least fire and theft on it. Normally you can make that swap without penalty as it is merely a policy change rather than canellation.

Back
Top Bottom