We've seen this thread here already more than once,High Risk Insurance Brokers Please | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

We've seen this thread here already more than once,High Risk Insurance Brokers Please

I have my actual slips in hand now, with a basic copy of my policy, it's not a detailed outline of the policy with all the sections, but it outlines my coverage, premium, surcharge etc. No adjustments. Been riding for a week or so on a temp slip, been insured for almost a month. I find it amazing that my insurance policy came before my license did. I'm going to request a copy of the entire policy.

Very cool! I can't believe you are riding in this freezing weather? :confused:

Very cool! I can't believe you are riding in this freezing weather? :confused:
Yeah totally. I was riding my bicycle for 40 minutes before commuting in this weather or taking ttc for an hour, so spending half the time on my bike is definitely significantly better. I just dress warm, the only thing that's actually cold is my finger tips generally. I'm debating going out to Rider's Choice or Velocity Sportsgear to get some heated gloves. It sucks riding such a small bike, but I need to clean up my record, have affordable insurance and be mobile in the core. NVM I can take my gf on the back when she wants appose to having to take the ttc with her or borrowing a vehicle from a friend or family member. On the plus side I'm getting amazing gas mileage and getting around further and faster.
I take it your parked like most for the season then Dresden?

How much are you paying now?

And congrats btw!
I had a Careless Driving charge and I know how it feels to be refused insurance or get unjustifiable quotes.

How much are you paying now?

And congrats btw!
I had a Careless Driving charge and I know how it feels to be refused insurance or get unjustifiable quotes.

Thanks!
I'll pm you with a price, unless piles of people want to know I'll keep it fairly private between those who it matters to and myself. As far as the careless charge thats a PITA, alot of companies will cancel or deny you coverage based on one serious charge alone as you probably know already, I pretty well gave up for the time being on riding a normal bike and driving a car until my insurance levels back out. However obviously not everyone can do that and everyones situation is unique. If you'd like I can provide you with the contact that I ended up going through. I'm sure she'd appreciate it. lol. She provided pretty good service and she seemed pretty sharp. Didn't screw anything up at the end of the day. I did have some hiccups/ mis-communications with her however they're both of our faults. At the end of the day I am insured and on the road Legit.

My record is clean now for the last 2yrs, but thanks, I was just curious to know how much it costs.

My record is clean now for the last 2yrs, but thanks, I was just curious to know how much it costs.
No Problem. Your almost in the green then already if its already been 2 years. Pretty sure offences stay on your record for 3 years so if you've been ok/ waited this long already, I'd continue to wait it out. I had stopped riding for about a year give or take and kept borrowing vehicles when I could/needed to, used my bicycle and took the ttc but I'm really happy to be back on the road. It is steep but it's worth it. Especially since I already (still) had the bike and it's cheaper than a years worth of metro passes + occasional cabs.

5yrs since offence date, clean record for the last 2yrs :)
Oh wow, so your already good then. how did you do with the offence on your record?

At 22, it was too much to insure with Careless on record ($5000+).
At 23, it was over $2000 with Careless for 2009 Ninja 250 (Jevco through Cornerstone).
At 24, without Careless, it was $900 with TDMM
At 25, with TDMM $600.

At 22, it was too much to insure with Careless on record ($5000+).
At 23, it was over $2000 with Careless for 2009 Ninja 250 (Jevco through Cornerstone).
At 24, without Careless, it was $900 with TDMM
At 25, with TDMM $600.
And you were insured and riding at 23 with the careless and since riding the same bike? 2k isn't even absurd for 23 and a careless, i was 23 on my 79 cx500 paying over 3k with jevco. Can't recall the broker or what was on my record at the time.

Yes. The only other change was in the address at 24, to a cheaper location.
Sneaky. I can imagine this is a pretty normal thing though. Not sure I'll go down that road though, just to keep everything super legit. How much did the address change alone effect your premium? $1100? That doesn't seem right.

Nothing sneaky... I literally moved. It's about 25% cheaper at the new location I believe.

Nothing sneaky... I literally moved. It's about 25% cheaper at the new location I believe.
Ohh, that's different. Obviously not what I was referring to. I was kind of surprised when you said you did that after having the careless charge and high premium for a few years to follow suit. That's still a pretty crazy big difference yearly though. Not sure I'd move out of the core though to save on insurance. Maybe in a few years though once the premium already starts dropping. I don't think location effects facility High Risk premiums as much as a normal quote. I could be wrong though. Feel free to correct me anyone.

:mad: fml*facepalm* yes. Older gentleman, cut me off, made a left in front of me, Could not stop in time, swerved and put it down to avoid actually hitting the guy in his car. Better judgement on both parties parts and better rubber on my part would have prevented it for sure.

UPDATE, spoke online to an agent with corner stone, no actual quote yet, called broker link, they said they'd get back to me with a facility quote....
If you didn't hit the guy why did you make a claim? Kelly Blue Book says that bike is worth less than $1400... you'll pay much more than that for an at fault single vehicle accident.

If you didn't hit the guy why did you make a claim? Kelly Blue Book says that bike is worth less than $1400... you'll pay much more than that for an at fault single vehicle accident.

Biggest reason I made the claim was because I broke my ankle and ripped my leg up decently, I was wearing Levi's and Jordan's. There was a rubber skid mark on the lower rear valence of his bumper. I also figured since he cut me off and turned left in front of me that I would not be at fault, which I can double check my records but I'm 90% sure that was deemed to be the case. When the adjustor/ appraisal guy came by to look at the bike he wrote it off, even though I rode it home, and kept riding until they canceled the policy and I blew the bottom end out of the bike going way to fast on the highway. Weird but beleivable on the KBB, they gave me almost 2k for the bike- I turned around and bought my first R1, a 99.
Hindsight, definitely not sure I would have made the claim, I loved that bike and could have easily put it back on the road and fixed everything and sold it 3 times over. Although after destroying the engine everything became more of a PITA and it was easier to let go of for sure.

Also, relative to my current policy, spoke to the broker who I got the policy with, I'm getting back almost $100 as she over quoted me and I over payed. :)

Biggest reason I made the claim was because I broke my ankle and ripped my leg up decently, I was wearing Levi's and Jordan's. There was a rubber skid mark on the lower rear valence of his bumper. I also figured since he cut me off and turned left in front of me that I would not be at fault, which I can double check my records but I'm 90% sure that was deemed to be the case. When the adjustor/ appraisal guy came by to look at the bike he wrote it off, even though I rode it home, and kept riding until they canceled the policy and I blew the bottom end out of the bike going way to fast on the highway. Weird but beleivable on the KBB, they gave me almost 2k for the bike- I turned around and bought my first R1, a 99.
Hindsight, definitely not sure I would have made the claim, I loved that bike and could have easily put it back on the road and fixed everything and sold it 3 times over. Although after destroying the engine everything became more of a PITA and it was easier to let go of for sure.

Also, relative to my current policy, spoke to the broker who I got the policy with, I'm getting back almost $100 as she over quoted me and I over payed. :)
So you did hit him and it was deemed his fault? Shouldn't affect rates then and you most definitely should have made that claim. :)

So you did hit him and it was deemed his fault? Shouldn't affect rates then and you most definitely should have made that claim. :)
Technically Yes, not sure If it affected my rates that point, or now, 95% sure it is on my record though. I was just happy I didn't T-Bone the guy. Either way whats done is done. Its been a long time, several bikes, I learned a lot and ride a lot differently now.

It is on my record, and was deemed not at fault. 100%.

Back
Top Bottom